Colin Powell says he might vote for Obama

Popeye

Colin Powell, the former Republican secretary of state, says he is not ruling out a vote for Obama. Powell, speaking in Vancouver BC, said his support of McCain is not a forgone conclusion:

"I will vote for the individual I think that brings the best set of tools to the problems of 21st-century America and the 21st-century world regardless of party, regardless of anything else other than the most qualified candidate,"

"Both of them certainly have the qualifications to be the president of the United States, but both of them cannot be."

Very interesting, it appears Obama is attracting supporters from every walk of life and both political parties.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080613.BCPOWELL13/TPStory/National

Werbung:
There's a difference between not categorically ruling out voting for him and becoming a "supporter."

And if he did win Colin Powell's vote, it wouldn't be evidence that he's attracting people from "all walks of life" (he isn't): he's already getting 80%+ of the black vote.

There's a difference between not categorically ruling out voting for him and becoming a "supporter."

And if he did win Colin Powell's vote, it wouldn't be evidence that he's attracting people from "all walks of life" (he isn't): he's already getting 80%+ of the black vote.

Instead of his color, I care to focus on the fact that Powell has always identified with the GOP, in fact was a member of Bush's administration. Just the fact that he is considering voting for Obama is news.

Instead of his color, I care to focus on the fact that Powell has always identified with the GOP, in fact was a member of Bush's administration. Just the fact that he is considering voting for Obama is news.

Didn't you call Colin Powell a tom or something like that? Perhaps IF he is voting for Obama, he has straightened up by your standards of what a black man should do?
That is IF he votes for Obama.
Now, if he votes for McCain, does that mean he is still a tom?

so if you get 80% of the black vote you cant get people from all walks of life?

To bad he is leading in most other groups as well :)

The thread title could have been:

Colin Powell says he might vote for McCain

After all, the A-political, non-commital quote applies equally to both candidates.

But that wouldn't fit the action line, now would it?

Colin Powell, the former Republican secretary of state, says he is not ruling out a vote for Obama. Powell, speaking in Vancouver BC, said his support of McCain is not a forgone conclusion:

"I will vote for the individual I think that brings the best set of tools to the problems of 21st-century America and the 21st-century world regardless of party, regardless of anything else other than the most qualified candidate,"

"Both of them certainly have the qualifications to be the president of the United States, but both of them cannot be."

Very interesting, it appears Obama is attracting supporters from every walk of life and both political parties.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080613.BCPOWELL13/TPStory/National

It's common knowledge now that Colin Powell much like Scott McClelland was none to happy about being put out to front the LIES of the Bush/Cheney administration.

General Powell an honorable man that often was not in lock step with this crooked Svengali administration. The fact he's open to an Obama Presidency says volumes!

I saw an interview with the First lady and the daughter who was about to get married. When the reporter asked who they are voting for, Laura Bush said McCain, and said something to the effect that there was no point in even looking at the other side. The daughter spoke up and said why not? I can not remember the exact words but she alluded to the idea that she was considering Obama too.

Wouldn't that make bigger news than this?

so if you get 80% of the black vote you cant get people from all walks of life?

Sure, that's what I said.:rolleyes: Are you marginally illiterate or just dishonest?

To bad he is leading in most other groups as well :)

There is at least one poll that shows McCain leading Obama by more than 10 points among a very large and traditionally Democratic constituency -- women.

Sure, but Powell never was much of a partisan. This doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows anything about the man.

It's hardly evidence that Obama's attracting anyone outside of his core constituency of leftist college kids, black people, and anti-war celebrities.

So if 80% of blacks vote for you that means that

Whites cant woman cant mexicans cant jews cant......Go take a stats class and learn what you are talking about. having a large part of the black vote has Zero effect on if you can get the support of other groups.

Thats not politics, thats math and logic. thats not Dishonest, its being smart enough to know.

So if 80% of blacks vote for you that means that

Whites cant woman cant mexicans cant jews cant......Go take a stats class and learn what you are talking about. having a large part of the black vote has Zero effect on if you can get the support of other groups.

Oh my god. You cannot possibly be this ignorant.

I did not say he couldn't attract people from all walks of life. I said Colin Powell raising the possibility of voting for him was not evidence of this. Because it isn't.

There is at least one poll that shows McCain leading Obama by more than 10 points among a very large and traditionally Democratic constituency -- women.

I'm not sure what poll that would be, perhaps you could enlighten us. Meanwhile here are some results from a NBC/WSJ poll released a couple days ago. Looks to me like Obama is doing quite well with women along with many other groups.

Obama-47%
McCain-41%

Independents

Obama-41%
McCain-36%

Women

Obama-52%
McCain-33%

Clinton voters

Obama-61%
McCain-19%

Hispanics

Obama-62%
McCain-28%

Blue collar workers

Obama-47%
McCain-42%

I'm not sure what poll that would be, perhaps you could enlighten us. Meanwhile here are some results from a NBC/WSJ poll released a couple days ago. Looks to me like Obama is doing quite well with women along with many other groups.

Obama-47%
McCain-41%

Independents

Obama-41%
McCain-36%

Women

Obama-52%
McCain-33%

Clinton voters

Obama-61%
McCain-19%

Hispanics

Obama-62%
McCain-28%

Blue collar workers

Obama-47%
McCain-42%

And this is a steadily growing trend we should expect to see increase over the next 5 months.

Clinton supporters will come on board almost entirely after a little more time and they think about how anti-woman John McCain policies truly are.

Plus Senator Obama is just now over the primary and when he puts his nationwide campaign in full gear drawing the clear better direction he wants to take the country and it's contrast to the John McSame "let's just stay stuck on stupid" and hope things just magically chance for the better all on there own "strategery"... it all equals more & more support for Senator Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arw-yNas2xc

Werbung:

Hardly, look at his time in the State Department, many of the political appointments there could not stand him because he leaned very left on most issues shockingly enough, and it is no surprise that his influence fell drastically and he was all but forced out of the administration.

Back