College Grads live with Parents under Obama

Well, you're in a tail-chase on the alternative technologies and they never have paid their way, all told. Don't get me wrong, it needs to be done but folks need to start moving back out to the same small farms they left back just after The War to End All Wars. Because I can guarantee you that the total net output of primary energy is going to go down into a continuous decline. Yes, there will be small rallies, but they won't last. We had a 50-ish mpg Volkswagen Rabbit when I was somewhat younger 30 years ago. That sucker didn't have the power to pull a sick whore off a **** bucket, but it did get the mileage...

In any case, if you're imagining that we'll transition to an economy based on the utilization of alternatives while actually managing to INCREASE industrialization, you are very, very, VERY sadly mistaken. And I REALLY wish it weren't so, by the way. Yes, I'm aware of the total BS that you can read in treatises on the energy subjects on the Wikipedia. Pipe dreams. The folks who write that stuff tend to be the kind of people who don't manage real projects in the real world--the world of real results.

And the population is going to have to decline, too. A dieoff. There's absolutely no way to avoid it. That is EXACTLY what socialized healthcare will perform, though.

Werbung:
In regards to college graduates living at home because jobs aren't plentiful:

I came out of college in Buffalo, NY in 1982 and unemployment was 14%. Luckily (hard work) I was able to find a job in th ecomputer industry and made a career there. I worked as a laborer all through high school and college and moved out before I finished college.

There are two problems:

First, many college students don't want to do labor jobs. I'm not calling them lazy, but there are always jobs for those who are willing to do the dirty jobs.

Second, the other problem is that colleges aren't training and educating their students to attain real jobs. The cost of the education is far too great compared to the saleable skills you learn.

Possible solution:

What we need is apprenticeship programs to compete with University programs. Areas such as: Network Engineering, Accounting, Skilled Construction, Education, etc. could easily be apprenticeship programs and in turn reduce the debt required to attain a degree that doesn't really prepare people for careers.

Check out this issue in the book: Political Common Sense for America

Well, you're in a tail-chase on the alternative technologies and they never have paid their way, all told. Don't get me wrong, it needs to be done but folks need to start moving back out to the same small farms they left back just after The War to End All Wars. Because I can guarantee you that the total net output of primary energy is going to go down into a continuous decline. Yes, there will be small rallies, but they won't last. We had a 50-ish mpg Volkswagen Rabbit when I was somewhat younger 30 years ago. That sucker didn't have the power to pull a sick whore off a **** bucket, but it did get the mileage...

In any case, if you're imagining that we'll transition to an economy based on the utilization of alternatives while actually managing to INCREASE industrialization, you are very, very, VERY sadly mistaken. And I REALLY wish it weren't so, by the way. Yes, I'm aware of the total BS that you can read in treatises on the energy subjects on the Wikipedia. Pipe dreams. The folks who write that stuff tend to be the kind of people who don't manage real projects in the real world--the world of real results.

And the population is going to have to decline, too. A dieoff. There's absolutely no way to avoid it. That is EXACTLY what socialized healthcare will perform, though.
they have mage cars better in 30 years

In regards to college graduates living at home because jobs aren't plentiful:

I came out of college in Buffalo, NY in 1982 and unemployment was 14%. Luckily (hard work) I was able to find a job in th ecomputer industry and made a career there. I worked as a laborer all through high school and college and moved out before I finished college.

There are two problems:

First, many college students don't want to do labor jobs. I'm not calling them lazy, but there are always jobs for those who are willing to do the dirty jobs.

Second, the other problem is that colleges aren't training and educating their students to attain real jobs. The cost of the education is far too great compared to the saleable skills you learn.

Yes, indeed. Around this rural part of Kansas, really close to the Teachers College {Emporia, Kansas} the impact of teaching accounting to the young people and telling them that they now have the tools to go-forth and earn a wage of $15.00 an/hour...is just insanity! And yet those poor unfortunate graduates wander out into this economic repressed work force with the high expectations of earning that same said wage, when the going job market for someone with 20 years experience is only earning $11.75 an hour {and that is at the top end of the admin wage scales}. The graduates are ill prepared for the 'REALITY' of the work place/wages/job market!!! And they absolutely don't want/nor have the desire to work at any other minimum wage scale job until something else opens up!!! Currently Minimum wage is $6.15 an hour!

Possible solution:

What we need is apprenticeship programs to compete with University programs. Areas such as: Network Engineering, Accounting, Skilled Construction, Education, etc. could easily be apprenticeship programs and in turn reduce the debt required to attain a degree that doesn't really prepare people for careers.
Check out this issue in the book: Political Common Sense for America

Excellent IDEA :)...and long over due. During the early 50's and well into the
70's it seemed that there were a wide variety of apprentice type of jobs that the job market would have available for anyone wanting to learn a trade...I feel that is a real lost art and would be a great inducement to let someone learn as they earn and become self sufficient...a productive part of society!

The problem is Buffalo is in more trouble under Obama now my friend.
Upstate New York is just a basket case today, due to high taxes and no jobs.
Buffalo pays the bills for New York Welfare. GM, Kodak, etc are just about gone!

Regan had policies that worked, Obama has nada.

Obama has killed jobs and lied about
any recovery of jobs. Green jobs are his myth and his policies
kill business. He knows it, but he and his administration are
simply lying to preserve their ....

Do you know anyone that has got one of these new green jobs?
Of course you don't, because they don't exist.

Buffalo pays the bills for New York Welfare. GM, Kodak, etc. are just about gone!
SUNY Buffalo is a liberal nonsense school, costing taxpayers too much.

Buffalo pays the bills for New York Welfare. GM, Kodak, etc. are just about gone!
SUNY Buffalo is a liberal nonsense school, costing taxpayers too much.

Oh, MY, MY, My...Asur, Asur, Asur...{just gotta shake my head at your confusion}. How can you possibly compare the length of time in office between these two Presidents and still manage to connect those 'dots'???

Your noble Ronnie Regan was not a man without his staff/advisers/supporters/knowledgeable people behind him {sans the Taro Cards/Horoscopes that dear Nancy used daily}. Ronnie was known for the UNION/Monopoly BUSTING days/Regan-nomics/and his prowess of Russian/nuclear missile scare tactics and large military funding!

"Regan had policies that worked"...well, you might like to remember it that way, and he had quite a few that fell flat on their respective arses too.

President Obama has been in office...what...100 plus days...and you will lay the blame for the lack of jobs at his feet...are you pulling our collective legs or you actually 'THINK' that those jobs just blew up/disappeared/went into foreign countries within that 100 plus days time frame???

ASPCA - We had an economy under Regan and fantastic economic growth when he left office.
Under Carter we had a crumbling excuse of one for 4 terrible years.

Under Obama there is no economy so far. No recovery at all!

You can hide your eyes under a sheet if you want, but it's like
the Carter era, so far. But actually worse.

House prices are sliding at a 20%/year rate nationwide now.
The real unemployment rate is > 30% in many democratic cities.
If National Healthcare passes, expect healthcare stocks
to tank and destroy whats left in 401Ks, etc. Then more jobs will
disappear.

All the BO spending means those with jobs will have to pay higher taxes, just to to pay the interest.
The principal debt will not be paid back.

Actually the American system is broken now at a point of no return.
The jobs aren't coming back, how could they?
You think I exaggerate, but I don't have to.

It's called CHANGE!

ASPCA - We had an economy under Regan and fantastic economic growth when he left office.
Hmmm...that odd what I remember are: record bank foreclosures/record bank closures, S & L scandals galore {ie, the bush boys making millions}, record farm foreclosures, Farm AIDE, record homeless, crude oil hitting the bottom for crude oil prices ever, industries closing, high unemployment, and a housing market that was horrible...President Regan, beating that 'Commie Cold War Drum to enable his special attention to those weapons/arms manufacturers for more budget allocations...but that's what I remember. Maybe you lived somewhere else???
Under Carter we had a crumbling excuse of one for 4 terrible years.
But he did make sure that he gave the peanut farmers a subsidy {even though they didn't need it...but they got it anyway}Carter, just taking care of the fellow peanut producers, brotherhood of peanut farmers and all} LOL
Under Obama there is no economy so far. No recovery at all!
Well, hell-bells...this worst years since the 'great depression didn't happen over night {and you are well aware of that} so after 8 years of fiscal neglect and SEC lack of keeping the rules/regulations as they are written, mega corporations relocating to foreign soil...yep all that happened in those 8 years...you want 'MAGIC & Instant Gratification'???
The greedy got richer and the not quite so bright investors got taken for a ride, and nobody was watching the deep pockets of the cost for the war..now we owe a communist country Billions plus interest...JEEZE LOUISE. I bet ole Ronnie is spinning in his grave. LMAO
You can hide your eyes under a sheet if you want, but it's like the Carter era, so far. But actually worse.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Obviously, you have missed all of the stats that make that statement sooo untrue...and you think that I'm hiding under a sheet...JEEZE LOUISE, I don't want to know where you've had your head/eyes/ears shoved...:eek:
House prices are sliding at a 20%/year rate nationwide now.
The real unemployment rate is > 30% in many democratic cities.
If National Healthcare passes, expect healthcare stocks
to tank and destroy whats left in 401Ks, etc. Then more jobs will
disappear.
The housing industry is a roller coaster ride and always will be {much like the stock market} if land value/housing market is always up and going up then who gets to buy land/houses...the same with the stock market...if it's always up and continues to escalate then who can afford to invest and but those shares??? I don't have the finite details on how to cure the health care problems in America...but I do know that we all end up paying...good/bad/ugly of the total cost that is/has skyrocketed for the entire period of my brief time on earth!

We must do something...and fear will keep the solution from becoming a reality and we will all still be paying out the WAZOOO! ;)
All the BO spending means those with jobs will have to pay higher taxes, just to to pay the interest.
The principal debt will not be paid back.
And you don't seem to mention anything about the TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT that G.W.B. and Inc. left us with during his reign of terror and contempt upon the good citizens of America??? But your ready to 'nay-say' each and everything that our current elected officials are attempting to accomplish...WOW. Such ramped negativity...I'm hopeful...but then I was when I voted for Dear Dum-Dum G.W.B. that 2nd time...and now I'm sadly disillusioned and disgusted with his name/advisers/2nd in command! But I'm very willing to give our current President the benefit of the doubt and the chance to work some of this all out!!!
Actually the American system is broken now at a point of no return. The jobs aren't coming back, how could they?
You think I exaggerate, but I don't have to.

It's called CHANGE!

Well, there you go...you've given up and you don't care...so why argue the finite details/solutions/style & techniques that our current President/staff/Congress are trying to resolve...YOU'VE ALREADY TOSSED IN THE TOWEL OF SURRENDER. You think this is tough, you think things are past fixing...oh, you man of little faith. That's just sad :(

I'm not going to get between you guys on this Obama vs Reagan discussion, but I do want to say something about Buffalo and New York.

The Unions and local politicians are so crooked in NY that they have left the State in ruins. Ex. Niagara Falls had 4 Union officials found guilty of stealing union money and they were allowed to go back to their Union leadership jobs while they awaited sentencing. Another example; there needs to be a new bridge to replace the Peace Bridge to Canada. The revenue from increased trucking would more than pay for it in no time, but the Buffalo politicians and the Unions won't allow the Canadians to share in the work contract.

It's just stupid and now the legilature is feuding. The Dem's and Rep's won't even speak to each other so they can't get the budget done. I say throw them all out and start from scratch.

I'm not going to get between you guys on this Obama vs Reagan discussion, but I do want to say something about Buffalo and New York.

The Unions and local politicians are so crooked in NY that they have left the State in ruins. Ex. Niagara Falls had 4 Union officials found guilty of stealing union money and they were allowed to go back to their Union leadership jobs while they awaited sentencing. Another example; there needs to be a new bridge to replace the Peace Bridge to Canada. The revenue from increased trucking would more than pay for it in no time, but the Buffalo politicians and the Unions won't allow the Canadians to share in the work contract.
It's just stupid and now the legilature is feuding. The Dem's and Rep's won't even speak to each other so they can't get the budget done. I say throw them all out and start from scratch.

Sweet Jesus...I'm shocked {tongue in cheek} I thought that all of the crooked people {sans Bernie Madoff} left when Rudy Giuliani left office...WOW, you mean it's still a 'mafia mentality' in the BIG APPLE???

Go Back about 5-6 posts where I agreed with your idea!!!

ASPCA wrote - The housing industry is a roller coaster ride and always will be {much like the stock market} if land value/housing market is always up and going up then who gets to buy land/houses...the same with the stock market...if it's always up and continues to escalate then who can afford to invest and but those shares??? I don't have the finite details on how to cure the health care problems in America...but I do know that we all end up paying...good/bad/ugly of the total cost that is/has skyrocketed for the entire period of my brief time on earth!

Just to correct your obvious mistakes ASPCA. I see you are misinformed.

1) If stocks go up in price it's good for all. If they drop it's bad for all.
With rising stocks, more jobs appear, people start spending, they can retire and open up more jobs, etc.
As long as prices go up it, it doesn't matter what price you buy at.
It's the return that matters, not how many shares you buy. Under good
economies, the market always goes up. Not now, at least for 3.5 more horrible years.

2) If house prices decrease it's actually bad. Yes, some homowners become upside down and stop spending, jobs dry up, people loss paper wealth, etc. It's all bad, do you understand?

3) Look at California. It has gone broke quite largely due to entitlements often
going to illegals (Free 750K homes(multipler), free health care, free food, etc and they never will pay a dime in taxes. No reason for them to, since Obama
don't want em to. He want's their vote, illegal as it is. It's called CHANGE!

It's your illogical thinking that accounts for California's mess, by the way. Now they are asking all other states to bail em out. Obama will approve of this I'll bet.

Obama seeks your illegal votes!

ASPCA wrote - The housing industry is a roller coaster ride and always will be {much like the stock market} if land value/housing market is always up and going up then who gets to buy land/houses...the same with the stock market...if it's always up and continues to escalate then who can afford to invest and but those shares??? I don't have the finite details on how to cure the health care problems in America...but I do know that we all end up paying...good/bad/ugly of the total cost that is/has skyrocketed for the entire period of my brief time on earth!

Just to correct your obvious mistakes ASPCA. I see you are misinformed.

1) If stocks go up in price it's good for all. If they drop it's bad for all.
With rising stocks, more jobs appear, people start spending, they can retire and open up more jobs, etc.
As long as prices go up it, it doesn't matter what price you buy at.
It's the return that matters, not how many shares you buy. Under good
economies, the market always goes up. Not now, at least for 3.5 more horrible years.

2) If house prices decrease it's actually bad. Yes, some homowners become upside down and stop spending, jobs dry up, people loss paper wealth, etc. It's all bad, do you understand?

3) Look at California. It has gone broke quite largely due to entitlements often
going to illegals (Free 750K homes(multipler), free health care, free food, etc and they never will pay a dime in taxes. No reason for them to, since Obama
don't want em to. He want's their vote, illegal as it is. It's called CHANGE!

It's your illogical thinking that accounts for California's mess, by the way. Now they are asking all other states to bail em out. Obama will approve of this I'll bet.

Obama seeks your illegal votes!

Well, I can't speak for you but when I go out in search of stocks...say like when I purchased share of Haliburton {back when they got slapped for sending heavy equipment into Afghanistan for the Russians} in the 80's when it was $6.50 a share...I sure as SH!T wasn't going to purchase it when it had been $33.00 a share, so I waited patiently and bought low and sat on it for 20 plus years {that is my son's inheritance and his trust fund}. And if you can't trade & or track the market...because not all shares are failing...check it out, there are still some that are maintaining and some that are actually going somewhere!

So thank you for your concern but you don't need to fret/worry about my understanding of the stock market and the finite ways in which that old money works and the manipulations that go on around the world behind the scenes.

And if NYC can face bankruptcy and make a comeback...I'm sure that California will figure something out as well. For me I'll stay tuned and in touch with my backyard and that will keep me busy!!! :)

ASPCA - interesting you would mention a share or was it shares? in a reputable company that democrats try to vilify (remember DC)

But if you still own it, you are foolish.

Under Bush the price was $50/sh.
Under Obama it is now $20/sh.
If you hold it, it will go lower eventually.

Do you understand your mistake?
I'm not saying it's a bad company even if it produces brown energy.
I'm just saying you lost a ton of money, or was it your son?

It would be great if it goes to your son, but the profit will go to others in the future.

Do you follow me?

Werbung:
ASPCA - interesting you would mention a share or was it shares? in a reputable company that democrats try to vilify (remember DC)

But if you still own it, you are foolish.

Under Bush the price was $50/sh.
Under Obama it is now $20/sh.
If you hold it, it will go lower eventually.

Do you understand your mistake?
I'm not saying it's a bad company even if it produces brown energy.
I'm just saying you lost a ton of money, or was it your son?

It would be great if it goes to your son, but the profit will go to others in the future.

Do you follow me?

Oh, I follow you and when we sold our shares and put the nest egg into a trust account for our son...my dearly departed Petroleum Engineer husband was the master mind behind that stock purchase...I was pulling for buying shares of Wal-Mart. But he's gone 5 years now and at the time we liquidated those shares...he was right and I was wrong...and I'm glad that he drug me into that venture. I'm not happy nor would I be investing in that corporation again...but money is near & dear in this repressed economy so I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face ;)

And neither am I foolish nor wrong in what and why we invested in what we did at the time that we did it...when the stock market is down it allows many, many different investors to come aboard...if the market is always up then you'll only have a select few selling/trading and that is not efficient IMO!

Worked for and Edward D. Jones Company while I was in college {back when there was a D. in that Jones logo} learned quite a bit about what is listed and what you have to ask for to invest...that's way the people that are trained in those offices know where to put their own money and it isn't always where the 'John Q. Public' gets told to invest. But SHHHH it's all a big secret ;)

Back