College Savings Plans?

tater03

I am not sure if this is the right spot in the forum for this? But I was wondering if anyone has a college savings plan that they would recommend? I am going to be starting some kind of savings for my sons future college education and was just looking for some suggestions?
Thanks.

Werbung:
Depending on their age and your income, you might want to look into a Coverdell Education Savings Account.

Thank you, I will have to look into this one. I haven't had a whole lot of time this week to really look into this more. So this will be a good start. Thanks.

My state has such a plan, and offers additional incentives if my child chooses to attend college in the state. The down side is that if he chooses to go to college outside the state, the benefits are greatly reduced. Check with your state board of education and see if they have a similar plan, if you think it would be a good fit for your situation.

Check with your state board of education and see if they have a similar plan, if you think it would be a good fit for your situation.

I agree. You could probably check with the local board of education to see if your state has a plan already set up. Likely they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for that suggestion of going to the Board of Education. I never really even thought about starting there but it does make sense that they might be able to give me some idea. Thanks again.

I just wanted to add that you could set up a Upromise account. It's a great way to save a little extra money on things you may already be buying. :)

Werbung:
Back