1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Condense the board...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and questions' started by MichaelH, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MichaelH

MichaelH New Member

Too many separate forums. Since they (the forums) brush shoulders so closely content-wise, a poster may think he's putting up a controversial thread that'll get lots of comment...when in fact it'll simply get lost in the clutter.

In short, the number of forums that contain much the same content, dilutes the overall board too much...

You might give some consideration to condensing. I post occasionally on a motorcycle board that has the same problem. A "cousin" board with fewer forums has a lot more participation.

2. Everylyric

Everylyric New Member

Well, politics is different from motorcycle, so I don't think you can compare them.

But I do agree that there are many forums. I guess when there are more members, the forums will become more active.

3. MichaelH

MichaelH New Member

Just so you'll know, I'm not comparing motorcycles to politics. I'm discussing having too many forums that spread a poster material around too much.

4. Koios

Koios New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are right. We were already thinking of merging the Debates into one single forum. If you have any suggestions as to what forums to merge let us know.

Also, if anyone thinks we should not merge certain forums let us know!

5. MichaelH

MichaelH New Member

I'd be tempted to use the numbers, some. (math gets in my way a lot...:( )

I think I'd look at the lesser utilized forums first, to see if their titles could be integrated with the titles of the more popular forums...

6. Koios

Koios New Member

We have merged some forums. Check the announcement, at the top of any forum.