1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Condi Rice versus Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by samsara15, Sep 21, 2009.

1. samsara15

samsara15 Member

Why is it that the articulate and intelligent Conservative female, Condi Rice, was passed over in favor of the buffoon Sarah Palin, for the VP nomination? Condi would have helped neutralize the black vote, and had undeniable high level qualification and experience.

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    they where scared of the headline,,,,

"we did not know they would target the US..."

what was the title of the memo?

"Bin Ladin determined to attack inside the US"

but one thing to keep in mind, that she was not selected may have had to do with her not wanting it? and her experience was in a area that McCain was already known for, national Security....that said no idea what Palin was for outside of chanting lame slogans

3. samsara15

samsara15 Member

Yeah, Condi had made a few mistakes, and laid an egg or two, here and there, when being the spokesmen for the disastrous Bush foreign policy, but what politician hasn't done that? That's the function of a spokesperson, to take the heat for the boss.

Nonetheless, Condi's political statue was much higher than the 'lowest common denominator red meat Republicanism' which Palin brought to the table.

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Though her color doesn't help, with a party filled with racists, Condi Rice has described herself as "mildly pro choice"...that's enough to turn off the anti-choice freaks that the GOP so depends upon.

5. Bunz

Bunz New Member

I think the biggest reason Condi was more or less marginalized and pushed under other people is her connection with Bush. She was very involved with that administration, and her finger prints are all over the monumental mistakes that happened during that time.

It wouldnt have made much of a difference if McCain would have picked Mickey Mouse himself, the GOP didnt have a real fighting shot in 08 largely due to the actions and policies undertaken by Bush.

6. samsara15

samsara15 Member

Perhaps you are correct, Popeye, and Republicans would rather lose with a 'real Republican' rather than having a chance to win, slight though it might have been, with people they call RINOs, such as Condi and McCain would have been. Isn't that a suicidal strategy?

7. samsara15

samsara15 Member

You're undeniably on target, Bunz, I just wonder why Republicans seem to enjoy self-mutilation so much that they prefer deliberately weaker candidates. Her close connection with Bush surely had stained Rice's reputation.

8. pocketfullofshells

like I said, she also had the nat sec area as her focus,,,,,McCain did not need that he needed more someone who would get the frar right base and or econ cred to balance out the platform. Haveing 2 people who are best in the same area would not have worked as well....

also I think she was a bit to smart for some....they dont like all that education she had lol

9. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Condie made it clear she was not interested when it became clear that McCain was the nom.

I do not think he would have picked her anyway, she is a Bush friend and McCain never did like Bush.

But most important, Condie her self was not interested.

Had she been interested, and had she been picked then everyone who was attacking the McCain ticket would have called her a house n word, and said she was only picked for her gender and skin color. I think she knew that.

10. pocketfullofshells

well if you realy think the Far right would call her a House N......Becuse I highly doubt the left would

11. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
    OMG, OMG...that was a 'real' gotcha moment and totally self inflicted too...just makes my point about the 'inner racist that much clearer' ;)

12. Pandora

no, I think the same people who are saying it about Michael Steele would say it about her.

he only has the job because he is black
    he is just a house n....

the same people who spoke bad about Powell BEFORE he came out for obama

But I think that is only part of it

I dont think she liked McCain

before he got the nom for sure she would not say one way or the other what her political future was, once he was the for sure nom she came out saying she was not interested. So I think it was more about who she would have had to run with

13. pocketfullofshells

again things I have never heard any single person say about Steel or Powell...I am sure someplace someone has, but you make it sound like its a large amount of people....I dont see that at all.

14. Pandora

both have been said here, go back and read the crap during the primarys.

I have heard most on air america, not on news talk shows.