Congress is still fooling 12% of the population

PLC1

Staff member
Poll: Congress' approval rating reaches all-time low of 12%

WASHINGTON — Americans are plenty angry at Congress in the aftermath of the debt crisis, and Republicans could pay the greatest price, a new Associated Press-GfK poll suggests.

The poll finds the Tea Party has lost support, Republican House Speaker John Boehner is increasingly unpopular and people are warming to the idea of not just cutting spending but also raising taxes — anathema to the GOP — just as both parties prepare for another struggle with deficit reduction.

The results point to a chilly autumn in Washington as the divided Congress returns to the same fiscal issues that almost halted other legislative business and are certain to influence the struggle for power in the 2012 elections.

Could it be that people are getting tired of partisan BS?

Werbung:
The people who are fooled are the ones that think it is the partisanship that is to blame. It is the partisanship that has saved us from congress doing much worse than they would have done.

Gallup had Nancy's 111 congress at 13% yours does beat that but who did the pole?? It says AP-GfK polling I know what the AP is of course but what is the GFK and what other poling have they done. I don't know this group

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/12/15...b-approval-rating-worst-in-gallup-history-13/

It doesn't say who did the poll, but the results were essentially the same as the one you cite.

it doesn't appear that Congress' approval rating increased because of switching from Pelosi to Boehner. why would it? The same ***** is still going on.

It doesn't say who did the poll, but the results were essentially the same as the one you cite.

it doesn't appear that Congress' approval rating increased because of switching from Pelosi to Boehner. why would it? The same ***** is still going on.

AP-GfK did the poling, I was looking them up. The story you posted seemed pretty bias against the Tea party and republicans in general so I got curious to check the group out. They seem more leaning left but it balanced out for me when I saw they gave obama a 38 % approval rating. Though they were much kinder about obama in that story than they were to the tea party and republicans in the congressional poll.

I miss the days when they were sneaky enough not to let us know who they were cheering for.

AP-GfK did the poling, I was looking them up. The story you posted seemed pretty bias against the Tea party and republicans in general so I got curious to check the group out. They seem more leaning left but it balanced out for me when I saw they gave obama a 38 % approval rating. Though they were much kinder about obama in that story than they were to the tea party and republicans in the congressional poll.

I miss the days when they were enough not to let us know who they were cheering for.

This was about Congress' approval rating, not the president.

If the pollsters were biased, it was against Congress and their partisan bickering.

But it seems pretty likely that it is the voters who are tired of the partisan bickering.

they don't approve but will reelect most of them...thats how America works...
There have been a few wave elections lately: 1994, 2006, and 2010. Chances are rising that we will see a wave election in 2012, and Republicans could easily lose 100 seats in the House, lose the Presidency, and lose state legislatures around the country. There are few Republican seats up in the Senate so that probably won't change much.

The poll may say that people are angry with Congress, but my bet is that a better poll would show that the people are angry at the Republicans in Congress who have constipated just about everything.

This was about Congress' approval rating, not the president.

If the pollsters were biased, it was against Congress and their partisan bickering.

But it seems pretty likely that it is the voters who are tired of the partisan bickering.

Yes, I know.

I will repeat myself

I read your link, it was allot more like a partisan hack job against the tea party and republicans than a fair written article on the problems with congress.

So I looked up the group and found lots of complaints about a left leaning bias.

THEN I read their poll on obama's approval rating and it matched other pollsters ratings of 38 percent.

After that, I felt better about the hack piece you posted about how the tea party and republicans are to blame for congress low approval ratings.

There have been a few wave elections lately: 1994, 2006, and 2010. Chances are rising that we will see a wave election in 2012, and Republicans could easily lose 100 seats in the House, lose the Presidency, and lose state legislatures around the country. There are few Republican seats up in the Senate so that probably won't change much.

The poll may say that people are angry with Congress, but my bet is that a better poll would show that the people are angry at the Republicans in Congress who have constipated just about everything.

maybe.

I think it's more likely that they're disgusted with the partisan sniping and the perception (most likely correct) than both parties are more interested in getting and keeping power than in solving the problems we face.

maybe.

I think it's more likely that they're disgusted with the partisan sniping and the perception (most likely correct) than both parties are more interested in getting and keeping power than in solving the problems we face.
What actions, comments, and behaviors are leading you to believe Democrats are behaving differently than they have behaved in the past? My own perception is that there is an especially large class of freshmen in the House this year, and they are feeling their oats. They haven't figured out that what goes around comes around.

What actions, comments, and behaviors are leading you to believe Democrats are behaving differently than they have behaved in the past? My own perception is that there is an especially large class of freshmen in the House this year, and they are feeling their oats. They haven't figured out that what goes around comes around.

I've not seen the Democrats be quite so willing to borrow more in order to maintain big government policies in the past. I used to say if the Democrats were the party of tax and spend, then the Republicans must be the party of borrow and spend. Now, the Democrats are out borrowing and spending the Republicans.

No one in Washington is willing to come up with any specific spending cuts, or any real tax increases to try to bridge the budget deficit. Politics is the art of compromise. Lately, what compromise has there been?

Werbung:
I've not seen the Democrats be quite so willing to borrow more in order to maintain big government policies in the past. I used to say if the Democrats were the party of tax and spend, then the Republicans must be the party of borrow and spend. Now, the Democrats are out borrowing and spending the Republicans.

No one in Washington is willing to come up with any specific spending cuts, or any real tax increases to try to bridge the budget deficit. Politics is the art of compromise. Lately, what compromise has there been?
In general, when the Dems control Congress they use some form of PayGo. Yes they spend, but they also generally pay opfr the spending. Keynesian economics do say, however, when the private sector isn't spending then the public sector must spend. This disaster we are in right now is one of those times. Also, Democrats are not afraid of asking Americans to pay a fair share for taxes, and Americans respond by paying a fair share.

Any fair review of where America's debt has come from points to Ronald Reagan and Bush(43). The destruction caused by those tax cuts 10 years ago are still killing us.

Back