Conservatives were the best choice

Alexia

The UK has made a wise choice and I did think that they would win with a small majority. The reason is that many people saw how a coalition did not work and while some may not have voted for their favorite party, they may have voted tactically.

That is the difference; voting for your own beliefs, but it it may be a 'wasted' vote or to vote for stability and growth. The country is doing well and a change would set back the country and people are tired of struggling. I do think that the Scottish referendum helped as the promises Cameron made have been implemented when teh Scots decided to remain part of the UK.

Labour lost because of the SNP but also because of their EU policies and unrealistic manifesto. Many of my friends disagree, but running a country requires more than funding the NHS and schools.

Werbung:
There will be the EU referendum by 2017 to pave the way for Brexit and opinion polls are slightly in favour of Britain's exit from the EU. English voters voted Conservative strategically to stop the rise of the SNP but England has the same nationalist problem with regard to Brussels. Cameron wants to control EU immigration, which contradicts with fundamental principles of the EU. There were 300,000 migrants to the UK last year, most of whom were from other EU member states.

Whether Britain decides to remain in the EU rests largely, but not exclusively, on David Cameron. The question being asked in many European capitals this weekend is: will a second-term Cameron, triumphant after securing an unexpected majority in parliament, be in a better position to manage the campaign leading to the in-out referendum he has promised before the end of 2017, and achieve the outcome he has always said he favours

the UK remaining in the EU?

The SNP certainly did a number on Labour up in Scotland, practically wiping out any seats they had.

What a lot of people don't understand is that it wasn't all that long ago that Scotland decided to stay part of the UK. Now they've pretty much voted for their own independance.

Scottish MP's will now have a massive say in parliament, and not just on issues that affect Scotland but the UK as a whole. I'm not too sure I like that idea.

Sadly we are at a point and time in the evolution of conservatism where austerity is seen as a key aspect of said conservatism. The negative economic impacts of austerity are widely known and felt by all but a few of the most wealthy people in the nation who seem to not only thrive under it but also grow.

I think that's one of the issues people have found hard to understand. While the conservative party have been in power, the working class have definitely taken the brunt of the cuts. More people are having to rely on food banks, cuts to public spending such as the NHS and the police, have hit the poorer people more than most.

If you can afford private health insurance and are lucky enough to live in walled mansion, then your not really going to be too affected by NHS and police cuts.

So why did the conservative party romp home to such a convincing win? Many people I know, voted Labour, UKIP or simply didn't vote at all. So where did all these new conservative voters come from?

Duped by dogma and propaganda I expect...either that or Labour is fatigued because no matter what they suggest its getting bonked on the head by the rich and powerful who see any progress by Labour as a threat to their dominion....which it is of course. And that would be a GOOD thing.

Liberal policies fail. All they want to do is tax and spend, while ignoring their immigration and security problems. Europe is losing it's sovereignty.

While I agree that liberal policies do fail. I don't think the people of the UK know just what a conservative government is going to do.

When they was in power before, the coalition they formed held them back from doing a lot of what they wanted.

Now they rule as a majority government so can do pretty much whatever they want.

Personally, from my perspective as a NHS worker, I think it's going to be a very hard 5yrs for most of the UK.

Where I work, we've been hit with major cuts to our finances, just like all the other hospitals. Well be lucky to even have a hospital in 18 months, and yes. Things really are that bleak.

There will be cuts to most other public services, the police and fire service being hit the hardest. The budget of local councils will be cut...do I need to go on?

The working class and people on benefits will be hit the hardest, as is always the case under a conservative government and I don't think that will change.

I am not in Britain so can only go by what I hear. If the protests yesterday are an guide. Britain is going to have a rough 5 years. Austerity is used by Conservatives against workers to reduce their deficit. If England leaves the EU, Scotland will leave the United Kingdom.
Boats can not be stop unless you turn back to where they come from. This was done by Australia in returning them to Indonesia. But this has cause friction with our neighbour. If you did the same you would have friction with your EU neighbours.

While I'm not particularly happy about the election results myself, the fact is though, they got voted in by the majority of the voters in the UK. It was a democratic ballot and the party with the most votes won.

I don't see the point of rioting about it now. That's not going to achieve anything.

Werbung:
With the 'special bond's the UK and the US are supposed to have, I don't think it matters who gets in to either government. The UK will always be the lapdog of America.

You say jump, we'll say how high.

Back