Contested Convention . . .

Reddie

Should Trump fail to win more than 1237 delegates the GOP can wrest the nomination out of his hands. While they party may stop someone who they believe isn't a real Republican from being the party's presidential nominee wouldn't they be committing "political suicide" if they are to ignore all the voters who want Trump to be their next president?

Werbung:
Trump has been harassed on all sides- liberal democrats campaigns, stop1237fromTrump republicans funded by Super PAC (can you believe it?), lyin' Cruz-cult campaign, mainstream media false reporting, corrupt GOP establishment (unbelievable!). Yes, all of them have one thing in common: They really do not love America! Unless they have a change of heart, there's going to be a some sort of historical American revolution.

Praying for the right president for the United States of America!

I'm sure the GOP are doing secret ballots all of the time to see who is ahead and what traditional members want. It does appear both front runners were not options they had preferred and are thinking of a way to avert that within their own rules.

Trump isn't a real Republican, he doesn't even understand how the political system works without some help from others, so while he has the persona, he lacks the actual knowledge. One would expect a world leader to have both.

What I found most worrying is the story that was circulating a few days ago that Trump doesn't even want to be president, he only wants to be able to turn around in the future and say that if he wanted to be then he could have been.

That to me, if the story is true, doesn't sound like the words of a man who's got the best interests of his country at heart, but more like the ramblings of a man just out to make a name for himself. Just like I think he's tried to do his whole life.

I'm all for this because it may be the way we get to a three-party system. I would like for the Republican party to shun the ultra-conservative crazies that Nixon stirred up and become more moderate. It would be good for the country to have greater choice.

His loved ones, honorable family and millions and millions of voters and men and womem of integrity who endorsed and support Donald Trump for presidency hold him accountable. He's signed a pledge with Republican party who were supposed to keep their part of the contract.

I'm all for this because it may be the way we get to a three-party system. I would like for the Republican party to shun the ultra-conservative crazies that Nixon stirred up and become more moderate. It would be good for the country to have greater choice.
First past the post voting negates a system of more than 2 parties. Over time it will always come down to two.

Should Trump fail to win more than 1237 delegates the GOP can wrest the nomination out of his hands. While they party may stop someone who they believe isn't a real Republican from being the party's presidential nominee wouldn't they be committing "political suicide" if they are to ignore all the voters who want Trump to be their next president?
They aren't a majority, and even if they were it wouldn't matter. A simple majority is not how the candidates are nominated or elected.

I think it would bode poorly for the GOP if they don't put Trump forth as their candidate. Even though I am not a fan of Trump I think the public will be voting for him in the GOP party if it comes down to a general election. If Cruz becomes the nominee then I think a lot of Trump voters will cross over and go for Hillary.

I think it would bode poorly for the GOP if they don't put Trump forth as their candidate. Even though I am not a fan of Trump I think the public will be voting for him in the GOP party if it comes down to a general election. If Cruz becomes the nominee then I think a lot of Trump voters will cross over and go for Hillary.
Or nobody. Or write him in. I don't see how you could vote hrc if you're a Trump fan.

Or nobody. Or write him in. I don't see how you could vote hrc if you're a Trump fan.
People do counter intuitive things all the time. They could switch over to HRC just out of spite. That can happen with the people that feel they are being cheated. You're probably right though for the majority. It's more likely that they stick within party lines, or not vote at all.

Why does a first past the post system, mean that it will always come down to two parties only though? It's a genuine question by the way as here in the UK we have every man and his dog running for parliament, and sadly getting votes aswell.

Didn't the 'monster raving looney' party once nearly win a couple of by-elections just for example?

Why does a first past the post system, mean that it will always come down to two parties only though? It's a genuine question by the way as here in the UK we have every man and his dog running for parliament, and sadly getting votes aswell.

Didn't the 'monster raving looney' party once nearly win a couple of by-elections just for example?
The pols have crafted the process to where 3rd parties can't do well. Perot managed as he was wealthy and willing to spend his own money.

Werbung:

Didn't the 'monster raving looney' party once neaItrly win a couple of by-elections just for example?

When there are multiple candidates but none of them have a clear majority both voters and candidates start settling for the person that is closest to their beliefs even if not ideal. Candidates end up endorsing former opponents and joining forces and voters end up settling. History has proven this to be true over and over, at least it has in the USA.

Back