"Contract On America" 2.0

Ummm... this is your evidence that tax hikes caused economic growth?
I think it used to be called Basic Economics.​

"On the same day, House Republicans joined in. While they still prefer generous tax cuts, they agreed to tie their across-the-board rate cut to declining interest on the debt.

So why the debt-reduction fever? Clinton sees it as a way to shore up the Social Security and Medicare programs, while blocking huge GOP tax cuts. To Greenspan, it's a ticket to lower interest rates. And to Hill fans, it's proof of fiscal prudence. Besides, paying down debt is a neat way out when politicians deadlock over how to spend the surplus." (Besides.....the 1%ers' wallets are fat-enough.)

"The economic argument for debt reduction is clear, say its backers: A sharp drop in the debt would lead to lower interest rates and more business investment, boosting productivity and creating better-paying jobs. Says Assistant Treasury Secretary for Economic Policy David W. Wilcox: ''The most pro-growth, pro-saving fiscal policy that we are aware of is debt reduction.''

Yeah.....whatta shame we'd (actually) minimize our interest-payments to China. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
We are talking about Newt and Clinton, but you can't refute anything said so you go to the classic liberal defense of "bush lied people died."
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....so, when the subject is Lying, Lil' Dumbya gets the (traditional) Auto-Pass, huh?

I'd say the body-count (from Clinton's lying...about SEX)....was probably less-significant than The Idiot Son's body-count (prompted by lying). :rolleyes:

I think it used to be called Basic Economics.

Yeah.....whatta shame we'd (actually) minimize our interest-payments to China. :rolleyes:

Shaman... I asked for evidence of the Clinton tax rates improving the economy. You responded by saying the deficit was reduced. That does not show a causal connection between anything. I want you to show me a causal connection between the Clinton tax rates and the economic condition of the 90's.

I think it used to be called Basic Economics.

So in your world, hiking taxes, thereby reducing the ability of citizens to buy goods and services, is "basic economics"? So you had a course on economics when? And what school was it, so we know where not to go?

Ah, so by reducing the deficits through higher taxes, that prevent people from causing economic activity, that this is basic economics?

And someone reducing the deficit, which just means we are not borrowing as much, means our interest payments are going to go down? So if you owe $50 thousand, and you cut your budget so don't 'borrow as much', that your interest payments will go down? Try that one out with a credit card, see if your interest payments go down.

I feel like we're arguing with a 10-year-old.

I love the reference of a Clinton page to prove your point. Again you come across with a completely reliable source. By the way the reason the G W subject doesn't work here is because he's not the discussion. If you have some facts besides a Clinton home page please present them, or any legitimate facts to back up your case with Newt! You have been asked for them several times, but yet you fail to provide them. Which can only mean that this is more idiotic Shaman banter.

Werbung:
I love the reference of a Clinton page to prove your point. Again you come across with a completely reliable source. By the way the reason the G W subject doesn't work here is because he's not the discussion. If you have some facts besides a Clinton home page please present them, or any legitimate facts to back up your case with Newt! You have been asked for them several times, but yet you fail to provide them. Which can only mean that this is more idiotic Shaman banter.

Back