cost of perscription drugs

tater03

I am very frustrated with the cost of some of these medicines now a day. My mom was recently diagnose with a severe case of osteophorsis. It is so bad that she has to give herself a shot everyday for the next one to two years. The problem is this medicine is 470.00 a month. They do have perscription covrage thru my father's health insurance through where he used to work. So it costs them 270.00 a month which i guess is better. The problem is my father was laid off, but he has just recently started a new job. They do get to keep the insurance thru where he worked. But at their limited income now there is no way they can afford this. I just feel so helpless. I tried contacted the company that makes this medicine, but they cannot help since they do have some kind of coverage. This just makes me sick.

Werbung:
It really is a shame, but I'm at a loss as to what can be done about it. Governmental intervention? That's always spooky.

It really is a sorry state of affairs when people have to rework their entire budgets to pay for medicine. I've often wondered why it is exactly that medical care and supplies are so expensive. It seems like making them less so would go a long way toward alleviating this situation.

i think a large part of the problem is that our laws will not let governments and the like negotiate for lower prices with drug companies. Canada and several other nations are allowed to do so and costs are far cheaper.

It really is a sorry state of affairs when people have to rework their entire budgets to pay for medicine. I've often wondered why it is exactly that medical care and supplies are so expensive. It seems like making them less so would go a long way toward alleviating this situation.

True the situation is horrible. To many people can not afford any medical coverage. The only solution is really governement intervention but since drug companies seem to have them in their pockets, I doubt that will happen.

It's quite a shame that the stuff that saves life cost that much....wonder if it really has a reason to be so high...

Currently the only words I hear are profiteering and marketing. I struggle to (but wish I could) come up with a different reason- the same fears are rife in the Australian pharmaceutical industry with a almost-recent hullabaloo regarding deregulation and an expansion of license to sell over-the-counter pharmaceuticals in major shopping outlets...if I recall correctly.

Werbung:
You know the more I mull this over the more it comes right back down to the almight dollar. Anyway you can get more money from someone is how I think they look at it. You can bet the person or persons that own these companies don't have these problems. It really makes me sick.

Back