Countries that have the death penalty

Dawkinsrocks

Werbung:
What a motley crew. These are the moral bedfellows of the US with its barbaric practice of executing its own citizens many of who are innocent of any crime

Nuff said

Can you please tell us of the recent executions in the US, how many were innocent?

It is one thing to condemn the death penalty on moral grounds, it is entirely another thing to claim innocents have been executed.

Can you please tell us of the recent executions in the US, how many were innocent?

It is one thing to condemn the death penalty on moral grounds, it is entirely another thing to claim innocents have been executed.
Not if you are a brainwashed uninformed liberal!!! :D

And most of those countries are barbaric backward rogue states

And they all have lots of murders despite their brutal treatment of prisoners

The US is in good company.

Mad, religious, right wing human rights violators

Oh and Texas Tea... your comment is not a rebuttal. It just shows how bereft you are of a real response

And how you are too weak to accept this obvious truth that the death penalty is barbaric and practised only by medieval countries in the main

Oh and Texas Tea... your comment is not a rebuttal. It just shows how bereft you are of a real response

And how you are too weak to accept this obvious truth that the death penalty is barbaric and practised only by medieval countries in the main
You are correct Dawky .... my comment is not a rebuttal .... it is a mockery at your ignorance and trollish comments!

Are the rights to life, liberty, and property inalienable so that it is clearly beyond the legitimate power of government to deprive a man to his life? Or do you merely object because the death is barbaric? Does that mean that an execution by blowing (see wiki) is worse than execution by lethal injection? Can we devise an execution that is so civilized that it ceases to be barbaric and then would it be ok?

Are the rights to life, liberty, and property inalienable so that it is clearly beyond the legitimate power of government to deprive a man to his life? Or do you merely object because the death is barbaric? Does that mean that an execution by blowing (see wiki) is worse than execution by lethal injection? Can we devise an execution that is so civilized that it ceases to be barbaric and then would it be ok?
Dear Dr ....

Your comment is very poignant but, simply wasted on the lack of intellect from our uneducated friend!

Texas tea strikes again with a devastating put down as he genuflects to the ludicrous notion that life is so precious that if you take it the state will kill you

He goes on to demonstrate his superstrong grasp on reality by suggesting that innocent people don't get executed

But then he is from Texas, the state murder capital of the western world

And he does support gun ownership as men women and children are mowed down by them in their thousands every year

And he's a big fan of the US bombing hundreds of thousands of civilians in warfare against countries that were not attacking the US

Yes, Texas Tea is a true and inspirational adherent to the doctrine of sanctity of life who argues his case well

Texas tea strikes again with a devastating put down as he genuflects to the ludicrous notion that life is so precious that if you take it the state will kill you

He goes on to demonstrate his superstrong grasp on reality by suggesting that innocent people don't get executed

But then he is from Texas, the state murder capital of the western world

And he does support gun ownership as men women and children are mowed down by them in their thousands every year

And he's a big fan of the US bombing hundreds of thousands of civilians in warfare against countries that were not attacking the US

Yes, Texas Tea is a true and inspirational adherent to the doctrine of sanctity of life who argues his case well

I give you more credit than Texas Tea does but then you ignore my sincerely asked questions and give credence to what Texas is saying.

Do you believe that life is precious?

I suspect that Texas is right that virtually no innocent have died by execution in recent history. But I am open to evidence.

I did respond to your point in my response to Texas tea

I do think life is precious

And as I said, the notion that life is so precious that if you take it the state will kill you is utterly ridiculous

The death penalty is barbaric.

It is not an effective deterrent

And it ensures that innocent people will be murdered by the state

And as you can see from the list of countries that still practice it it is kargely those that are backward, run by dictators and or theocracies

Cameron Todd Willingham wrongfully executed 2004

There's loads of examples and they are only the ones that got reinvestigated

Then there's a hoke heap of people who spent many years on death row for crimes they did not commit

The US justice system and the police are heavily skewed against black people

Which is why so many black people have been framed by the police and murdered by the state

And one wrongful execution is one too many

I did respond to your point in my response to Texas tea

I do think life is precious

And as I said, the notion that life is so precious that if you take it the state will kill you is utterly ridiculous

The death penalty is barbaric.

It is not an effective deterrent

And it ensures that innocent people will be murdered by the state

And as you can see from the list of countries that still practice it it is kargely those that are backward, run by dictators and or theocracies

Guess I missed it in there. Sorry.

Ok then so I infer that you mean life is precious so the state should have no authority to take it. How about liberty? is liberty precious?

Of course and I take your point but sometimes your liberty is a big threat to other people's liberty and you have to make a call on which is the less evil - allowing your liberty or theirs

Often the answer is to take away your liberty for a period of time

This hopefully provides an opportunity for you to improve your behaviour and it allows mistakes to be rectified

But of course rehabilitation is not really a part of US penal policy

It is all about hard time

Which just brutalises further already brutalised people

And it obviously doesn't work as a deterrent

The US has the highest prison population and recidivism rates in the western world

But it does pander to the right who are hate filled vengeance seekers

Werbung:
Of course and I take your point but sometimes your liberty is a big threat to other people's liberty and you have to make a call on which is the less evil - allowing your liberty or theirs

Who makes that call? The state? Snce the state has the authority to make the call when depriving a person of their precious liberty then why dont they have the authority to deprive a person of their precious life? Especially when that persons life is a danger to others?

This hopefully provides an opportunity for you to improve your behaviour and it allows mistakes to be rectified

But of course rehabilitation is not really a part of US penal policy

It is all about hard time

Where in the heck are you getting your information. I live here in the states and I know what it s like and it is not at all like that. hard time is defined as time spent in maximum security. Sure some prisoners are in max but certainl that is not what it is all about. The state prefers to put people in less restrictive prisons for the simple reason that it is cheaper.

Rehabilitation is also definitely a large part of our system with hordes of counselors, social workers, and parole officers involved at every step.
Which just brutalises further already brutalised people
That too is a bit of an overstatement.

And it obviously doesn't work as a deterrent
Debateable. But since you agree that the state has the authority to make the call on who loses their precious liberty then it must make the call about why it will do that. Inescapable.

The US has the highest prison population and recidivism rates in the western world
It is a function of a culture of crime in our urban areas.

But it does pander to the right who are hate filled vengeance seekers
A weird overstatement based on some propaganda someone has no doubt been feeding you.

Back