Court rejects challenge to 'don't ask, don't tell'

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Pentagon policy forbids gays, lesbians from serving openly in the military
Court rejects 'don't ask, don't tell' challenge
June 8: The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear an appeal from a former Army captain who was dismissed under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. NBC's Pete Williams reports. MSNBC
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court has turned down a challenge to the Defense Department policy forbidding gays and lesbians from serving openly in the military, granting a request by the Obama administration.

The court said Monday that it will not hear an appeal from former Army Capt. James Pietrangelo II, who was dismissed under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

The federal appeals court in Boston earlier threw out a lawsuit filed by Pietrangelo and 11 other veterans. He was the only member of that group who asked the high court to rule that the Clinton-era policy is unconstitutional.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31168203
Just have to shake my head in frustration...Do they really think that this is going to keep the 'gay away' from serving in our armed forces???

IMO...anyone that wants to serve/is physically fit to serve/is brilliant enough to serve...deserves the right to serve this country that we all live in!

Werbung:
Don't ask, tell always seemed kinda stupid to me.

Not only will people figure it out but the person at fault is not the gay person but the one who would treat the gay person poorly.

How about "tell whatever you want but don't beat up the guy who tells" as the best policy?

Werbung:
Don't ask, tell always seemed kinda stupid to me.

Not only will people figure it out but the person at fault is not the gay person but the one who would treat the gay person poorly.

How about "tell whatever you want but don't beat up the guy who tells" as the best policy?

Now that's a good idea...LMAO

OR - "Mind Your Own 'F'n Business" and if you ever slap me on the 'ARSE' in the shower I'll beat you senseless. Seems to be the way things used to be done...way back in the 'DAY'...LOL

Back