Credit card applications

Dr.Who

If you are like most Americans you receive multiple credit card applications every day.

So what was the best rate offered to you last year?

What was the best rate offered to you this year?

What do you think the rates will be next year?

Werbung:
If you are like most Americans you receive multiple credit card applications every day.

So what was the best rate offered to you last year?

What was the best rate offered to you this year?

What do you think the rates will be next year?

People actually open those?

Well for me last year they all offered zero interest for a year with no transaction fees.

This year they offer zero interest with a 5% transaction fee.

But they all jump to very high rates (double digits) next year.

What will the result be for the average American?

I toss 'em.

I have a couple of credit cards, not chosen on their interest rate. They all charge way too much not to pay off the balance by the due date.

I choose which card to use based on how much they're willing to give back. At one time, I had a CitiBank card that gave me 5% on everything, sweet! When they reneged on the deal, I started using the Discover Card, that gives back from 1% to 5%.

Credit card companies call people like me "freeloaders", since we don't pay their outrageous interest. I'm proud to be a freeloader. Let the people who are bad at math pay their interest.

I toss 'em.

I have a couple of credit cards, not chosen on their interest rate. They all charge way too much not to pay off the balance by the due date.

I choose which card to use based on how much they're willing to give back. At one time, I had a CitiBank card that gave me 5% on everything, sweet! When they reneged on the deal, I started using the Discover Card, that gives back from 1% to 5%.

Credit card companies call people like me "freeloaders", since we don't pay their outrageous interest. I'm proud to be a freeloader. Let the people who are bad at math pay their interest.

The main credit card I use (but pay off every month) is the Continental Airlines One Pass card to get miles for flights.

The do have an annual fee, but if you spend enough it will even out with the miles you get.

The main credit card I use (but pay off every month) is the Continental Airlines One Pass card to get miles for flights.

The do have an annual fee, but if you spend enough it will even out with the miles you get.

An annual fee is OK if the return is high enough.

I also have an American Express that has a fee, but is also my Costco membership. The return more than pays for the fee, making my Costco membership free.

Well for me last year they all offered zero interest for a year with no transaction fees.

This year they offer zero interest with a 5% transaction fee.

But they all jump to very high rates (double digits) next year.

What will the result be for the average American?

OK I opened one today. zero interest but I didnt read much farther.
I would assume that as the financial world coems apart with inflation and rising interest that we go back to the gfood old days. this will be made worsew withthe recent rules changes. they really want people on new cards so they can manage screwing you in the NEW way more easily.

Werbung:
OK I opened one today. zero interest but I didnt read much farther.
I would assume that as the financial world coems apart with inflation and rising interest that we go back to the gfood old days. this will be made worsew withthe recent rules changes. they really want people on new cards so they can manage screwing you in the NEW way more easily.

If you spend more than you have, and put the difference on a credit card, they will screw you in the new way, the old way, or any other way that they can.

Back