1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Crimes of Israel

Discussion in 'Middle Eastern Politics' started by Plato, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Plato

Plato New Member

Israel's assault on the Gaza strip may be self-defense, but it is more than that. It involves serious violations of international law, including war crimes. The UN has a right to retaliate against an armed attack from another state. Israel had not suffered a large "armed attack" to be able to retaliate against the Hamas. The Palestinians have loosed thousands of bombs and other explosives into Israel, causing two dozen Israeli deaths. But is this enough of a reason to "retaliate"? They have caused 2,700 palestinian deaths, most of them innocent civilians, and have not given a single thought about what they were doing. In June 19, 2008, Israel and the Hamas signed a treaty of peace. Neither side has compiled perfectly. Israel refused to substantially ease the suffocating siege of Gaza imposed in June 2007. Hamas permitted sporadic rocket fire -- typically after Israel killed or seized Hamas members in the West Bank, where the truce did not apply. The rockets killed one Israeli. Israel broke that truce on November fourth, raiding the Gaza strip and killing a Palestinian. The Hamas continued the rocket barrage, but no one died. Israel cannot claim than their actions have been in self-defense, because it was provoked by them.

According to the Wall Street Journal:
    [​IMG] -------------------------------------[​IMG] -------------------------------------------[​IMG]

Israel seems to not know the difference between a military and non-military location or place. They have destroyed or attempted to destroy vital government buildings, police stations, and even a university. It is unknown to me at what scale they attacked these places. All I know is that they did. When non-military locations are targeted, civilians die. Killing innocents, even if they hate you but haven't made a move against you, is a crime that is almost unspeakable. Deliberate attacks on civilians that lack strict military necessity are war crimes. Israel's current international law violations come from a long path of abuse to the people of the Gaza strip. Even though Israel removed its troops from Gaza in 2005, they still patrolled and guarded the closest places to Gaza that is not Gaza. They denied the people of Gaza their rights, so we should deny them the long friendship the world has given them. We must pressure them to change their ways. We should give the Palestinians their rights if Israel will not. We should stand by the old but twisted friend. We will stand beside the one who protects our values and our ideals. Not doing so is contradicting ourselves in entirety.

Killing children and innocent people is homicide. It must be stopped. Israel does not want reporters inside Gaza because they do not want the world to see what they are doing. By the time they are done, half of the Palestinians will be dead. We cannot and must not make this happen. They need to let reporters into Gaza so we can see what they are doing, but they won't. Why? I don't think many people know, but it is probably because they don't want the world siding with the people of Gaza until their dastardly deed is done, that is if they are doing things that terrible. Nothing coming from Gaza has been verified by anyone except the Israelis and United Nations officials. If it comes to the tipping point, Israel should be officially charged for serious violations of international law and war crimes.

2. Bunz

Bunz New Member

3. Plato

Plato New Member

I suppose I didn't word that well. I meant to say that killing many people, mostly innocents, isn't the greatest way to respond to rocket fire.

Why are they killing everyone now? Spending all that time and money for accurate arms, and then killing anyone around a real 'bad guy'? Let me remind you that the US has given Israel about 2.5 Billion dollars over the past year.

I suppose that because the truce doesn't apply, they feel like they are allowed to fire rockets. I can't blame them for defending their people, but that is what Israel is doing, too. I feel that they should try and work something out instead of killing one another

But by killing more Palestinians, Israel is just provoking the conflict. They just want some excuse to wipe the place from the face of the Earth.

Very good response, Bunz. I have no problem with them defending themselves, I just feel like they are going over the top.

Good point. I never thought about the university thing. But they could at least lower the amount of innocents they kill in the university.

Both are horrible. I never said anything about the rockets, though. It is bad enough that they are shooting at one another in the first place.

That is what we all want, right? When they stop firing, Israel needs to stop as well. If they don't, there will be sufficient proof of war crimes.

4. HankHill

HankHill New Member

Educate yourself as to what Israel is dealing with:

http://www.pmw.org.il/

An enemy that cannot be reasoned with, an enemy that will not stop until you are dead, an enemy that teaches their future generations to hate.

5. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

................why should they? If Hamas want to play in the majors then they had better be up to the task..... they have dragged their electorate into this fiasco knowing full well what was going to happen why then are they so upset? for that matter why is the electorate now a tad puzzled by the fact that Israel is going to continue screwing them six ways from Sunday until the rockets stop? Elect idiots into office this what you get!

Welcome to the real world!!! Its called WAR

Heres a though for you.... The US dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Allies during WWII pounded Dresden, Hamburg, the Ruhr valley and indeed most of Germany into powder whilst millions of civilians died. Millions targetted deliberately, why? To reduce the desire of the people to continue fighting. Isreal is sending a pretty simple message to a very stupid population - if you want to keep these guys in power then fine, but be prepared to answer for the consequences of their actions!

6. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

After all... they could have gone in with GBU-43/Bs and done things a lot faster!

7. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

.........nah, 50 KT airburst would do the trick :rolleyes:

8. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

Methinks the winds might bring some fallout over Israel. No need to crap in one's own nest if that can be avoided...

9. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

10. Plato

Plato New Member

Since when isn't it a crime to kill many innocent people? Sure, I'm fine with Israel defending themselves, but killing innocent civilians is plain wrong.

11. Ejgertz

Ejgertz New Member

And your thoughts on Hamas sending untargeted rockets into Israel? That kills innocent people as well.

12. hormanh

hormanh New Member