Cuba defeats the US in baseball!

Popeye

Cuba defeated the US Olympic baseball team 5-4 in 11 innings on Friday. Cuba is now 3-0 while the U.S. is 1-2 and might need to win all of its remaining games to finish in the top four spots in the eight team field and reach the semifinals.

The game was marred by the poor sportsmanship demonstrated by US manager Davey Johnson who claimed the Cuban pitcher was throwing at one of his batters. First off, former big league manager Johnson is a sore loser..always has been. Secondly, in the play he was complaining about the ball actually hit the American player's bat first. Anyway good win by the Cubans.

Werbung:
Cuba defeated the US Olympic baseball team 5-4 in 11 innings on Friday. Cuba is now 3-0 while the U.S. is 1-2 and might need to win all of its remaining games to finish in the top four spots in the eight team field and reach the semifinals.

The game was marred by the poor sportsmanship demonstrated by US manager Davey Johnson who claimed the Cuban pitcher was throwing at one of his batters. First off, former big league manager Johnson is a sore loser..always has been. Secondly, in the play he was complaining about the ball actually hit the American player's bat first. Anyway good win by the Cubans.

There is baseball in the olympics? wow I was shocked to know there was swimming

Proves I dont keep up on it

Question, is russa playing in the games? and are they winning anything? they usually do well dont they?

There is baseball in the olympics? wow I was shocked to know there was swimming

Proves I dont keep up on it

Question, is russa playing in the games? and are they winning anything? they usually do well dont they?

Russia is currently fifth in the medal count, which you can check out here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/medals

You'll notice that while the US leads in overall medals, China leads in what many consider the most important category....gold medals.

Russia is currently fifth in the medal count, which you can check out here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/medals

You'll notice that while the US leads in overall medals, China leads in what many consider the most important category....gold medals.

wow 5th, I always thought of them as top 2 But I only really ever watch the winter ice skating.

off topic, Popeye do you know how much Obama brought in for July? I still cant find the numbers

do you have video of the pitch cuz saying it hit the bat is meanless. I have been hit while the ball was comeing right at me, I was moving out of the way and it hit the bad..but the bat was no where near the plate.

that said, brush off pitches are part of the game...now if it was a clear just aiming at him....

Werbung:
Where did this weird notion of complaining about player or official misbehavior being equal to poor sportsmanship?? The people who cheat to win should be kicked out of the games - the only poor sportsmanship is THEIR'S.

Back