Cut Israel Off

Ideally I would agree that the U.S. shouldn't have nukes. But there's no real way for us to disarm. We can't trust Russia or China to disarm and they can't trust us either.

The answer is not to try and get everyone on Earth a stockpile.

This is just another example of the US's hypocritical foreign policy. By employing double standards, throughout the world, the US loses credibility and creates enemies.

Werbung:
This is just another example of the US's hypocritical foreign policy. By employing double standards, throughout the world, the US loses credibility and creates enemies.

Since when do politicians take an oath to defend the United States' credibility?

Our stance on nukes to the best of my knowlege hasn't created any enemies for us. Trade deals, selective foreign aid, manipulation and interference in the political structure of other governments, those things have earned us enemies.

How would you handle this situation? In regards to ourselves, Israel and Iran.

They are out numbered tremendously. Given a conventional war, they could concievably need to rely on the threat of nuclear weapons to stave off their own annihilation.
-----------
And the rest of the ME shouldn't have the same edge?
---------------------

Yes, this is a real possibility. Whether you'd like to accept it or not, the leaders of Iran and Syria as well as Palestine are capable of a genocide. This isn't speculation on my part. Its their own leader's words.
-------------------
What about the words of the Israeli leader who said that Israel will continue to expand until it reaches from the Mediterranean Sea to the Persian Gulf?
------------------------

I would like you to name me a country in the world that has had hundreds of people come from an outside land and kill its citizens, which has demonstrated a more paitent and careful response than Israel.
-------------
Lebanon.

We haven't used them for longer than Israel has had them.
------------
Not germane.
--------------

And we weren't trying to wipe out the Japanese.
-----------
We were trying to wipe out the Japanese in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
----------------

We killed almost as many German civilians with conventional bombs.
---------------
Right, some quarter million innocent women and children in Dresden alone, even though it was unnecessary - the war was almost over and there were absolutely no military targets there. It was a vengeance thing by the Zionists controlling the government.
------------------------

Ideally I would agree that the U.S. shouldn't have nukes.
-----------
But it's alright for Israel to?
------------

But there's no real way for us to disarm. We can't trust Russia or China to disarm and they can't trust us either.

The answer is not to try and get everyone on Earth a stockpile.
--------------
Then why did the U.S. allow Israel to become the only possessors of weapons of mass destruction in the ME? Take Israel's weapons away and then let the chips fall where they may.

Our stance on nukes to the best of my knowlege hasn't created any enemies for us. Trade deals, selective foreign aid, manipulation and interference in the political structure of other governments, those things have earned us enemies.

How would you handle this situation? In regards to ourselves, Israel and Iran.

Stay out of it.

Who says they have 200-300 nukes? The numbers I have always heard was less than 15 total.
Ah but let me guess that is the Zionist controlled media brainwashing me.

The notion that Lebanon is stable enough as a country to possess nuclear weapons responsibly is a joke.

My biggest concerns with nuclear proliferation is not countries having them, it is individuals and terrorist organizations. A country can and would be held accountable for its use of nukes in the modern age. As with the current situation with AQ, that is virtually impossible to respond to them in kind without destroying much more than was needed.

Israel has the bomb, so what? If her neighbors down like it, maybe they should invade to disarm them from those weapons. They had better back an awfully big lunch, because it hasnt worked for the neighbors since day one.

Anyone heard the saying it is good to have friends in high places?
Israel has a few of them. The Jewish people have been oppressed throughout history anywhere they went. After the atrocities of the Holocaust during WWII it became completely obvious an autonomous Jewish homeland was long overdue and completly necessary. They have thier homeland, and I dare someone to try and take it from them.

Who says they have 200-300 nukes? The numbers I have always heard was less than 15 total.

The notion that Lebanon is stable enough as a country to possess nuclear weapons responsibly is a joke.

My biggest concerns with nuclear proliferation is not countries having them, it is individuals and terrorist organizations. A country can and would be held accountable for its use of nukes in the modern age. As with the current situation with AQ, that is virtually impossible to respond to them in kind without destroying much more than was needed.

Israel has the bomb, so what? If her neighbors down like it, maybe they should invade to disarm them from those weapons. They had better back an awfully big lunch, because it hasnt worked for the neighbors since day one.

Israel has a few of them. The Jewish people have been oppressed throughout history anywhere they went. After the atrocities of the Holocaust during WWII it became completely obvious an autonomous Jewish homeland was long overdue and completly necessary. They have thier homeland, and I dare someone to try and take it from them.

They have their homeland and they deserve it. However, they don't have any rights to other lands including occupied territories and they have to remedy some grave injustices that they hold equal responsibility for. They either must give up the occupied territories or accept it all into Israel with a corresponding franchise for it's inhabitants. Which of course would never work demographically...

Sure the Jewish people have been oppressed at times in history, but now the oppressed have become the oppressers, as they treat the Palestinians like so much human garbage.http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-07-liberty-meeting_N.htm

Ah my spinach and rodent eating friends. I wont condone the bad behavior of Israel, not in the slightest. Both sides have behaved badly, I dont take sides to much in the Israel-Palestine issue. I will call either side out on the issue. For every example of Israeli bad behavior there is one from the other side.
The whole situation is FUBAR. What I am talking about is the past wars between Israel and her neighboring countries.
As I have said before, the notion that Israel has an arsenal of nuclear arms most likely provided by the Americans is a poorly kept secret. If that is detterence enough to prevent another attempt to over run Israel by foreign armies, then I am OK with them having them. Even if I wasnt OK with it, there is little I or anyone on this board can do about it.

Ah my spinach and rodent eating friends. I wont condone the bad behavior of Israel, not in the slightest. Both sides have behaved badly, I dont take sides to much in the Israel-Palestine issue. I will call either side out on the issue. For every example of Israeli bad behavior there is one from the other side.
The whole situation is FUBAR. What I am talking about is the past wars between Israel and her neighboring countries.
As I have said before, the notion that Israel has an arsenal of nuclear arms most likely provided by the Americans is a poorly kept secret. If that is detterence enough to prevent another attempt to over run Israel by foreign armies, then I am OK with them having them. Even if I wasnt OK with it, there is little I or anyone on this board can do about it.

Remember the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, killing 34 Americans, in 1967? The surviving crew members had a reunion recently and many are of the opinion that Israel, despite it's claims of a mistake, knew exactly what it was doing.

Why would Israel attack a US ship? Crew members feel that it was to incapacitate the Liberty's listening devices. You can read the details in the link, but to put it bluntly they feel it was Israel, not Egypt, which started the Six Day War in 1967. They are far from alone.

While I wasnt alive for another 14 years after it happened I am quite aware of the circumstances of the event. I dont condone it. I dont think anyone will know exactly why it happened.

In terms of the 6 day war. Whoever fired the first shot makes little difference at this point does it? Both sides were on a one way path to collide under armed conflict. One thing is for sure, in 6 days, the Israelis whipped everyone handily.

--------
Undoubtedly.
=========================================================

---------
No nation in the ME is as stable as Israel, which has been at war ever since its birth, eh?
==========================================================

My biggest concerns with nuclear proliferation is not countries having them, it is individuals and terrorist organizations.
---------------------------
Like Shin Bet, The Jewish Defense League, Mossad, Jewish World Congress, Baruch Goldstein, Sol Morel, Menachim Begin, and Ehud Yatom?
======================================================

Israel has the bomb, so what?
-----------
Iran is getting the bomb, so what?
=============================================

Israel has a few of them.
-----------------------------
Of course they have, and they bought them with American tax money.
=========================================

No nation in the ME is as stable as Israel, which has been at war ever since its birth, eh?
They have done pretty well for themselves in those wars havent they?
Like Shin Bet, The Jewish Defense League, Mossad, Jewish World Congress, Baruch Goldstein, Sol Morel, Menachim Begin, and Ehud Yatom?
Those individuals and entities do not have those weapons. The government of Israel does. I am alright with governments having them for the most part. There are some I would rather not have them. But I especially dont want non-government people/groups possesing them. Because they are far less accountable in thier actions should the unthinkable happen and one get used.

If terrorist group XYZ were to detonate a nuclear bomb in whatever city, how would that government respond. Right now nuclear weapons are a deterent against other countries using them. You nuke me, Ill nuke you. Very simple.
Iran is getting the bomb, so what?
my issue with that is not that they are doing it...its how they go about it. They are breaking the NPTreaty that they signed. They are claiming it is for peaceful purposes, but you are claiming it is for weaponry. All I know is that I dont know who to believe. I dont believe Bush in any of his WMD scare tactics anymore. I got fooled on that one once and never again.

Of course they have, and they bought them with American tax money.
Id like to see the check that was written then, or the appropriation at least.
Here is the thing with Israel-US relations. Without the US help, Israel would not exist. I think Israel should exist.
We have established trade and aide programs with them. Should we also not sell weaponry to our other allies? Saudi Arabia flies from what I understand, a much more capable F-15 than the Israelis possess.

Always remember. Money Talks, Bull$hit walks.

Werbung:
But regardless, considering the neighbors Israel has, it would be prudent for them to have a small deterant/self defense arsenal.
You've gotta consider the locals'-perception (of what's transpiring), as well.

"The US administration under the rule of the neo-cons was never serious in establishing peace in the region or in calling for serious negotiations or discussions regarding the issues of the Arab-Israeli conflict.

What this administration was successful at was to completely destroy Iraq’s economic, human and cultural power. Thus serving Zionist goals and mythology which claims that rebuilding the Temple cannot be accomplished before Babylon is destroyed, and Iraq is partitioned and its might destroyed."

Back