Darwin's Birthday is Thursday

PLC1

Staff member
We celebrate the 12th. of February as Lincoln's birthday, but he also shares the date with another man of equal influence in another field, Charles Darwin.

Darwin 200 years later: Evolution by selection of quotations

"If I were to give an award for the single best idea anyone ever had, I'd give it to Darwin." So wrote philosopher Daniel Dennett in his 1995 book Darwin's Dangerous Idea. "In a single stroke, the idea of evolution by natural selection unifies the realm of life, meaning and purpose with the realm of space and time, cause and effect, mechanism and physical law."

So it did. Darwin is in a class with Copernicus, with Einstein, in short, with the great scientific thinkers of the ages.

Werbung:
touch saint paddy's day I swear there will be blood....and whiskey

I pick Easter, Christmas would be to blatant

Easter it is, then. The Easter Bunny brings candy and goodies, the Natural Selection Monster will get you if you ride your new red wagon down the hill and across the busy street. It just might start a tradition.

My birthday is March 20

Since we are discussing birthdays, I thought is was important for all you HOPpers to know my birthday.

I wear a size 9M shoe, medium shirt size, 36/30 pants and would really like a new pair of boat shoes with cushy soles.

Send me a private message and I will give you mailing instructions.

Thanking you in advance,
invest07

Werbung:
Back