David Letterman is a rude, liberal political hack

Come to think of it, wasn't Michelle Obama referred to as Barack's "baby momma" during the campaign?

Aren't offensive remarks about women made by a variety of political types?

I dont know what a baby mamma is but you could be right, I remember wondering what it was.

does it mean slutty like or whore like? Gosh I hope not.

If it was something she is clearly not, then it was wrong. what ever it is.

and I remember people getting uptight about it and that being ok to be upset. I dont remember anyone who now excuses calling Sarah Palin slutty looking or insinuating her teenage daughter is a whore being perfectly ok with being mean to michelle obama

Werbung:
I did not say you called her a whore, I was "trying" to say you dont seem to think its wrong for letterman to call her one.
Well, in regards to what Letterman said exactly, he crossed the line. He also apologized and clarified his words later. I am one though who understands that public figures are going to be joked about at any opportunity, and for the most part, even if I like the person I can still take a joke(or a lame attempt at one).
If the joke is that Sarah Palins daughter cant get through a baseball game without screwing one of the players it does not take the use of too many brain cells to know that is something whores do. He infered she was a whore by joking she would randomly screw a guy at a baseball game.
I am not sure if you follow baseball, but the player in question (A-Rod... Alex Rodriguez) is a known womanizer and fits just about every cliche about pro ball players. Including steroid use, and a high profile divorce that apparently stemmed from his infidelity.
But then again she was not at the baseball game, the 14 year old daughter who has not been knocked up was at the game.
Again, as TopGun pointed out, Bristol and Willow look very much alike. I will post pictures later.
Why the frak do you care if the family believes in teaching not to have sex? What does it matter to you? You teach your daughters to grab a condom on the way out the door if you think that is best. I do not see why everyone is in constant attack mode because she teaches her children something you dont agree with.
I dont care what a private family teaches thier children, but when it comes to someone who is elected to Govern and make policy how everyone should teach thier children and I disagree is where the issue arises.
I dont know Carson Daily so I cant speak on that.
Not sure if he still has any TV appearances, I have more or less removed talk TV and radio from my life in the last 6 months, but either way, he is a young, hearth throb type that is targeted towards the under 30 crowd.
and I was not trying to give you a low blow. I did not know how much domestic violence was done against women in Alaska till the Sarah Palin bashing started.
Fair enough, I appreciate the clarification. I have openly admitted that the per capita rates of many negative social issues are higher in Alaska. Much of it can be attributed to how the stats are compiled, as a per 100,000 people number. When it comes to this, Alaska has roughly 700,000 people. So that makes some numbers glaringly high. This is not in any way an attept to sweep anything under the rug, as we have many challenges up here, and thankfully with the current Governor's support we will have the resources to face those problems.
I dont think you are one of the guys doing domestic violence against women but if you are ok with treating women that way, any woman its not in any way helpful to stopping domestic violence, if anything a person doing it could take your words as condoning.
Well again, as I said before, Letterman probably crossed the line. As he has done in the past, including a major flap with Oprah who is as left wing as it comes.
In regards to the DV issue, this is actually something I hold near and dear to my heart. If I found a genie bottle, one of my wishes would be that people who love or care about each other not to do physical harm to one another.

But at the same time, as is pointed out earlier, we are talking about "jokes"

No, I was not defending Rush, and am sorry my comment was mis-construed. I was merely pointing out that public life is rough, and always has been, so if you want to avoid being insulted, then you had best avoid public life. I even remember pundits rough comments about Margaret Truman, around 1951 or so, so it is nothing new.

Fair enough, I understand your clarification. As for the Truman comments, well that was wayyyy before my time. But I know full well that journalists and politicians have a loooong history of nasty things being said and published. This is nothing new.

Has the Republicant Party completely nothing except for weak attempts @ obstruction & whining? Seriously. I mean do you not see how weak this makes you look?

David Letterman is A COMEDIAN!:D

This is something I mentioned earlier. If you cant take some misaimed harsh words from Letterman, how is someone going to deal with real missles and bombs coming from Al-Q, N.Korea or Russia.
And before anyone starts this pathetic, he was talking about the 14 year old daughter... just stop. It was Palin's oldest daughter Bristol that's always been in the limelight and that was directly related to her getting knocked up when without being married... I mean that's the whole connection to the Letterman joke... Bristol gets knocked up again this time by a baseball player.
TG, thanks for this.
Tell me which one is which.
bristol_palin_large.JPG

and who is this?
43.jpg

Conservatives need to grow up. As a Conservative, you're going to be viciously attacked... you and your family. Expect it, prepare for it, deal with it, just don't cry about it. It irritates me that so many Conservatives look to play the same crybaby victim card the Democrats are always throwing around.

"Boo Hoo, so and so is a meany... they said nasty things, make them stop..."

Those on both sides need to grow the F up, get a thicker skin, and act like adults. This is America, freedom of speech means just that... There is no right to not be offended.

GenSeneca's Blog: What's wrong with bans on Indecency?

Well Ill deal with the blog statements when I read it and will comment there. As a side note GenSen, you are probably the most avid user of the blog feature on the site and thanks for keeping it active.

As for the other statements, I would agree for the most part with a few key exceptions. Firstly, is the notion that Conservatives need to grow a thicker skin, whereas those on the other side dont need to either. Every public figure needs to understand full well the potential pitfalls that come with public life.
While I often think the media should leave those alone who wish to be left alone. On the other hand those who constantly seek media attention need to roll with the punches when the negative comes thier way as well.

I dont know what a baby mamma is but you could be right, I remember wondering what it was.

does it mean slutty like or whore like? Gosh I hope not.

If it was something she is clearly not, then it was wrong. what ever it is.

and I remember people getting uptight about it and that being ok to be upset. I dont remember anyone who now excuses calling Sarah Palin slutty looking or insinuating her teenage daughter is a whore being perfectly ok with being mean to michelle obama

Baby Momma or Baby Daddy is a reference to (often and orginally used in the black community) the person who fathers or mothers a child in an unwed situation, and the relationship is no longer viable. So in other words,
Bristol is Levi's "Baby's Momma". As Levi is Bristol's "Baby Daddy"

Baby Momma or Baby Daddy is a reference to (often and orginally used in the black community) the person who fathers or mothers a child in an unwed situation, and the relationship is no longer viable. So in other words,
Bristol is Levi's "Baby's Momma". As Levi is Bristol's "Baby Daddy"

I dont see anything wrong with this term, letterman should have joked that Bristol is a baby momma instead of a whore who cant get through a baseball game without making it with one of the players.

Well, in regards to what Letterman said exactly, he crossed the line. He also apologized and clarified his words later. I am one though who understands that public figures are going to be joked about at any opportunity, and for the most part, even if I like the person I can still take a joke(or a lame attempt at one).

He did cross the line but he did not apologize. He made a second joke of the apology, it was not sincere in anyway. Hell he was waiting for his audience to laugh between the one liners of his apology. I also understand about public figures being made fun of. But if you could name another politician that we joked dressed slutty or anything in that arena of humor? Its also been said that we don’t make fun of politicians kids, though there was the rare exception of the two times the Clinton daughter was called ugly. I think that was mean but calling someone ugly is very different than insinuating they couldn’t get through a three hour event without having sex with a stranger at the event.

I am not sure if you follow baseball, but the player in question (A-Rod... Alex Rodriguez) is a known womanizer and fits just about every cliche about pro ball players. Including steroid use, and a high profile divorce that apparently stemmed from his infidelity.

Does that mean he sleeps with women a lot? I suppose the joke would be fitting if it were him and Madonna or something but the Palin’s daughter having sex with her boyfriend is not slutty or whore like. No matter how horrible A Rod is, its not a good excuse to insinuate a teen age girl sleeps around.

Again, as TopGun pointed out, Bristol and Willow look very much alike. I will post pictures later.

still does not matter, he should not be insinuating that either of Palin’s teen age daughters were so slutty that they could not get through a base ball game without having sex with a stranger at the event. Unless of course in the past one of her daughter’s did have random sex with a stranger at an event, then the joke would be in poor taste but at least relevant.

I dont care what a private family teaches thier children, but when it comes to someone who is elected to Govern and make policy how everyone should teach thier children and I disagree is where the issue arises.

If her opinion is teach to keep your legs closed and pants on, did it stop you from giving a boat load of condoms to your daughter or son? Did it close any planned parenthood offices? Did she say she believed in something else then once elected came out with the crazy nutty idea that kids should not have sex until they are in a committed relationship or married. I personally do not want my daughter’s school to teach her that we have a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol when it comes to sex you are basically a dog in heat so get a condom; I want my school to stay out of it period.

Fair enough, I appreciate the clarification. I have openly admitted that the per capita rates of many negative social issues are higher in Alaska. Much of it can be attributed to how the stats are compiled, as a per 100,000 people number. When it comes to this, Alaska has roughly 700,000 people. So that makes some numbers glaringly high. This is not in any way an attept to sweep anything under the rug, as we have many challenges up here, and thankfully with the current Governor's support we will have the resources to face those problems.

Men do domestic violence against women because they perceive them in a certain way, that way is the same as what letterman described of the Palin’s, dressing slutty (mother) and acting slutty (daughter) This is one of those things that should not be debated and there should not be sides, we should all be able to agree you do not call a teenager slutty even if she is known to have had sex with a boyfriend, and you should not call a woman dressing slutty if she does not and Sarah Palin does not. The sad thing is, were these things said about anyone else I think everyone would have agreed its wrong.

Well again, as I said before, Letterman probably crossed the line. As he has done in the past, including a major flap with Oprah who is as left wing as it comes.

Now its probably crossed the line? Probably?

In regards to the DV issue, this is actually something I hold near and dear to my heart. If I found a genie bottle, one of my wishes would be that people who love or care about each other not to do physical harm to one another.

Then be an example, stand up for women and girls. It should never be ok to say a woman dresses slutty if she does not, and its never ok to insinuate a teen age girl is slutting around because she had a sexual relationship with a boyfriend.

But at the same time, as is pointed out earlier, we are talking about "jokes"

Jokes should be funny not hurtful. The Todd Palin molests his daughter joke was not funny either.

And jokes should be exaggerations of the truth.
I have never seen where Sarah Palin dresses slutty and I have never heard that any of the Palin daughters have slept with multiple guys or had random sex at events in the past. Had any of those things true the joke would have been funnier.

Examples

Jokes about Bill Clinton are too numerous to count when it comes to sleeping around. They are funny and they are done by democrats and republicans alike, but it is because he has a history of this type of behavior. The same sleeping around jokes would not be funny or appropriate if said about Hillary because she is not known for those things. And jokes are never made about Hillary sleeping around.

I am sure michelle obama had sex with someone before she had sex with her now husband, so by the same standards we could make jokes about her not being able to get through a rally during the primary's without having sex with one of the event organizers. But it would not be appropriate or funny.

This is something I mentioned earlier. If you cant take some misaimed harsh words from Letterman, how is someone going to deal with real missles and bombs coming from Al-Q, N.Korea or Russia.

Isn't this just the reality of the Republicant Party...

When in power: Complete and utter bullies, treat the minority like the true TORTURES they are. Do everything in their power to grind them into the dirt.

When out of power: Whine and piss & moan that they're having trouble slowing the process down and take turns throwing temper tantrums.

Seriously this has to be the oldest most worn out playbook that's ever been written and the vast majority of the American people are really sick of it.

TG, thanks for this.
Tell me which one is which.
bristol_palin_large.JPG

and who is this?
43.jpg

You're welcome...

You know how I came about this? When this joke first broke as a story I started watching the news clips & photos on it and when I saw them I said to myself... Well hell there's Bristol right there, what the hell are they even talking about she was on that trip to NY.

It wasn't until I actually went in and looked up the Palin family pictures that I even realized the two daughters could be twins they look so much alike.

So not surprizingly... boiled down to typical Republicant whining over really nothing.

And jokes should be exaggerations of the truth.
I have never seen where Sarah Palin dresses slutty and I have never heard that any of the Palin daughters have slept with multiple guys or had random sex at events in the past. Had any of those things true the joke would have been funnier.

Examples

Jokes about Bill Clinton are too numerous to count when it comes to sleeping around. They are funny and they are done by democrats and republicans alike, but it is because he has a history of this type of behavior. The same sleeping around jokes would not be funny or appropriate if said about Hillary because she is not known for those things. And jokes are never made about Hillary sleeping around.

You know what? I'm now having to start classifying you as not just a disgruntled Republicant looser just trying to spin some false yarn... but as someone who actually, purposefully leaves out the truth even when it's right there... but inconvenient to your deception.

President Clinton broke no laws having a consensual adult affair. That's what the jokes were about. Those jokes most assuredly hurt his young daughters feelings. But see you're fine with hurting a young girl if it's you're side doing it.

Sarah Palin FLAUNTED HER EX-MISS WASILLA PAGEANT QUEEN STATUS... but her looks can't be talked about???::eek: And since day one many, many people on both sides have commented on her sexy librarian or naughty school teacher look.

And the Right didn't attack Hillary Clinton's personality & looks... OH PLEEEEEASE!!! If I had a dollar for every Hillary's ugly pants suit... Hillary's a b!tch... Hillary's gotten fat... Hillary has cankles joke the morons on the Right spit out I'd have so much money I'd be on a permanent Caribbean Cruise.

CRY US ALL A RIVER YOU POOR MISTREATED REPUBLICANT VICTUMS!
:rolleyes:

You know what? I'm now having to start classifying you as not just a disgruntled Republicant looser just trying to spin some false yarn... but as someone who actually, purposefully leaves out the truth even when it's right there... but inconvenient to your deception.

I am not a republican and I would not like if someone said michelle obama dressed slutty either. I would not like it if someone attacked the obama kids and insinuated they were so slutty they could not get through a game without having sex with some stranger at the event. I would not like it if someone joked about The Clinton Daughter in that way either.

Had the “you dress slutty” comment been about Madonna or Bo Derek I would not have said anything or thought it was bad because it would be true. Had the joke about “someone so slutty they cant get through a base ball game without having sex with a player” were said about someone who has a history of doing things like that on the right or left ( I can not think of an example) I would have had no opinion on it.

President Clinton broke no laws having a consensual adult affair. That's what the jokes were about. Those jokes most assuredly hurt his young daughters feelings. But see you're fine with hurting a young girl if it's you're side doing it.

The law President Clinton broke was lying under oath. People do still make jokes about the meaning of “is” because of it but more than that they joke about him having out of marriage affairs. That does fit him because there is a history of it. The jokes about the Clinton daughter being ugly were mean and should not have been done. Probably the jokes about janet reno being ugly should not have been done either and I am as guilty as any for laughing at the janet reno jokes. But at least janet reno was an adult.

Sarah Palin FLAUNTED HER EX-MISS WASILLA PAGEANT QUEEN STATUS... but her looks can't be talked about???::eek: And since day one many, many people on both sides have commented on her sexy librarian or naughty school teacher look.

david letterman thinks airline stewards dress slutty and now you add that pageant queens dress slutty too? Sheesh!

And the Right didn't attack Hillary Clinton's personality & looks... OH PLEEEEEASE!!! If I had a dollar for every Hillary's ugly pants suit... Hillary's a b!tch... Hillary's gotten fat... Hillary has cankles joke the morons on the Right spit out I'd have so much money I'd be on a permanent Caribbean Cruise.

Ugly pant suits / dresses slutty ?? The same?? Again jokes usually are about something that stems from some aspect of truth… even the libs on SNL made jokes about the pant suites. I am not sure how you can claim this is the same as saying someone dresses slutty or adding in a whole group (airline stewards) in the same category. I have yet to see Sarah Palin dressed slutty. Actually I can not think of anyone in politics who does dress slutty on the right or left, male or female. That always seems to go with hollywierd.

CRY US ALL A RIVER YOU POOR MISTREATED REPUBLICANT VICTUMS! :rolleyes:

I have noticed liberals scream in all caps very often that if you don’t agree with them you are crying. I am not crying. I am just doing what this forum was meant for. I am giving my opinion. I would be giving the same opinion if these things were said about a democrat, even a democrat that I do not like. I am a feminist before I am conservative, and I am a mom to a daughter before I am anything else.

I am not a republican and I would not like if someone said michelle obama dressed slutty either. I would not like it if someone attacked the obama kids and insinuated they were so slutty they could not get through a game without having sex with some stranger at the event. I would not like it if someone joked about The Clinton Daughter in that way either.

Had the “you dress slutty” comment been about Madonna or Bo Derek I would not have said anything or thought it was bad because it would be true. Had the joke about “someone so slutty they cant get through a base ball game without having sex with a player” were said about someone who has a history of doing things like that on the right or left ( I can not think of an example) I would have had no opinion on it.

This happens all the time... the comics say hash & insulting things about Democrats too... quit whining!:rolleyes:

The law President Clinton broke was lying under oath. People do still make jokes about the meaning of “is” because of it but more than that they joke about him having out of marriage affairs. That does fit him because there is a history of it. The jokes about the Clinton daughter being ugly were mean and should not have been done. Probably the jokes about janet reno being ugly should not have been done either and I am as guilty as any for laughing at the janet reno jokes. But at least janet reno was an adult.

And yet again the truth is the jokes were not about his "lying under oath... about something he did that was totally legal by the way" they were about his having an affair... which no doubt hurt his daughters feelings. Proving you are hypocritical in your righteous indignation just for Conservatives.

david letterman thinks airline stewards dress slutty and now you add that pageant queens dress slutty too? Sheesh!

Hey stick in the mud.................. IT'S A JOKE!:D
Ugly pant suits / dresses slutty ?? The same?? Again jokes usually are about something that stems from some aspect of truth… even the libs on SNL made jokes about the pant suites. I am not sure how you can claim this is the same as saying someone dresses slutty or adding in a whole group (airline stewards) in the same category. I have yet to see Sarah Palin dressed slutty. Actually I can not think of anyone in politics who does dress slutty on the right or left, male or female. That always seems to go with hollywierd.

You either get it and you're just playing dumb to avoid the embarrassment... or you are dumb... I can't tell.

If you can sit there and say Conservatives that should have a lot more restrictions on behavior than comics like Druggie Limbaugh and his ilk let alone hundreds of comedians that have cracked on and taken very personal shots at Democrats don't exist... I can only say one thing.

You're not an honest person.

I have noticed liberals scream in all caps very often that if you don’t agree with them you are crying. I am not crying. I am just doing what this forum was meant for. I am giving my opinion. I would be giving the same opinion if these things were said about a democrat, even a democrat that I do not like. I am a feminist before I am conservative, and I am a mom to a daughter before I am anything else.

The caps I use mean... ARE YOU KIDDING ME! It's a way to show stunned amazement.

And you are whining. All this thread is about is whining. You took a joke... twisted it to mean something against a 14 year old when it was obviously intended for an adult that had been in the public domain voluntarily & repeatedly bringing up her personal problems on her own... and then you also cry and throw a hissy fit because someone said Palin looks kinda slutty at trimes... when Palin looks kinda slutty at times.:D

I wish I had the Kleenex concession in your town you poor victimized thing (no caps).

Here this will really make you sob... everyone else try to stop laughing... I dare you!

This happens all the time... the comics say hash & insulting things about Democrats too... quit whining!:rolleyes:

And yet again the truth is the jokes were not about his "lying under oath... about something he did that was totally legal by the way" they were about his having an affair... which no doubt hurt his daughters feelings. Proving you are hypocritical in your righteous indignation just for Conservatives.

You either get it and you're just playing dumb to avoid the embarrassment... or you are dumb... I can't tell.

If you can sit there and say Conservatives that should have a lot more restrictions on behavior than comics like Druggie Limbaugh and his ilk let alone hundreds of comedians that have cracked on and taken very personal shots at Democrats don't exist... I can only say one thing.

The caps I use mean... ARE YOU KIDDING ME! It's a way to show stunned amazement.

And you are whining. All this thread is about is whining. You took a joke... twisted it to mean something against a 14 year old when it was obviously intended for an adult that had been in the public domain voluntarily & repeatedly bringing up her personal problems on her own... and then you also cry and throw a hissy fit because someone said Palin looks kinda slutty at trimes... when Palin looks kinda slutty at times.:D

I wish I had the Kleenex concession in your town you poor victimized thing (no caps).

Here this will really make you sob... everyone else try to stop laughing... I dare you!

That was the funniest video I have seen in a really really long time.

I don’t know why you thought I would not like it. All the things they made fun of her about short of one thing was just exaggerations of the real her and it was very funny.

I think they could have made some jokes about how her knowing how to field dress a moose was valid to being VP. That would have brought extra laughs and been a great joke on those (and there were some) who thought that added to her qualifications.

My favorite part was her on the phone then popping out her baby and getting back to the phone call right after.

I am sending this around in email, its well worth it. Thanks for posting it Top Gun!

And the Putin part was too funny also. The whole thing was great!

Werbung:
Apparently there is a group who will picket out side of David Letterman’s studio tomorrow because they want him fired for what he said.

I think what he said was wrong and he should not have said it. I also think his first apology was ridiculous. But he should not be fired for what he said, he just shouldn’t say stuff like that about kids again.

He apparently taped his show for today and there is what seems like a real apology, that is enough and it should be let go now. I hope he does not get fired over this. Bill Maher should not have gotten fired from politically incorrect for his comments about 911 either.

On another note, apparently a RNC fundraiser said on a blog something to the effect of michelle obama is related to a gorilla. That is wrong also, and when called on it the man seemed like it was nothing. The RNC should dump this guy and wash their hands of him.

I have laughed at jokes about michelle obama being ugly, I think that was mean of me to do but I have done it. I have laughed at jokes about janet reno being ugly too. In general we shouldn’t joke about stuff like that but most especially we should not joke about stuff like the race thing this RNC guy said about the gorilla.

I think about the obama kids and it has to hurt their feelings. The grown ups are big enough to take hearing they are ugly but they should not have race stuff thrown at them and this one trickles down to the daughters.

Oh and joy bayhart (spelling) came out in support for Sarah Palin on the stuff letterman said as did whoopie and a few fem dem women. I was glad to see that.

Back