Death Penalty

bewitched

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- Saudi authorities on Saturday beheaded an Indonesian maid convicted of killing her employer, the Interior Ministry announced.

In a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency, the ministry said the maid used a pillow to suffocate her employer Aisha Al Makhaled and then stole her jewelry in the southern province of Asir.

Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which those convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery are executed in public with a sword.

The maid is the second person to be executed this year in the desert kingdom, according to an Associated Press count.

Saudi Arabia beheaded 137 people last year, up sharply from the 38 in 2006.

Werbung:
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- Saudi authorities on Saturday beheaded an Indonesian maid convicted of killing her employer, the Interior Ministry announced.

In a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency, the ministry said the maid used a pillow to suffocate her employer Aisha Al Makhaled and then stole her jewelry in the southern province of Asir.

Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which those convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery are executed in public with a sword.

The maid is the second person to be executed this year in the desert kingdom, according to an Associated Press count.

The point?

You are always chastising others for applying western standards to Islamic culture. Are you not doing the exact same thing right here?

As an avid supporter of the dealth penalty here in the US, I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're trying to say here...

What I see is that a murderer was executed...A person that murdered another to rob them and that most likely would have repeated that crime with any future employers...

I'm sure, you're wanting to paint it as 'it's Islamic extremist at work'....But unfortunately for you, those of us that do support the death penalty in the US, don't see it as religiously motivated...But society motivated...

Personally, I'd like to see executions here in the states opened to public viewing...Despite all the anti-death penalty people showing up and making a fuss...Such executions in public would deter criminals from committing crimes that would result in them experiencing such a thing themselves...

I also find it hilarious that those who are executed are supposed to be 'humanily put down'...Funny, but they weren't so concerned about their vicitms' suffering so why should we be considerate of their suffering?

I also think that we go way too easy on the criminal as is...The criminal has more rights then their victims...I'd like to see more stringent laws made in regards to the dealth penalty as well as lowering the number of appeals they have and not having that 20 years to get themselves off death row through appeals and pardons...I'm more partial to let them appeal once then when that's turned down, execute them immediately so my tax dollars doesn't go to supporting them for the next 20 years and allowing some soft-hearted parol board member letting them out and them repeating their criminal behavior...

So sorry Bewitched to disappoint you but...All I have to say about that article is WELL DONE! One less criminal on the streets and people can sleep a bit safer knowing they won't be her next victim.

There is not one shred of evidence that public executions deter crime. Or that executions deter crime. I am not against the death penalty, but all it does is prevent repeat offences. And I'm for that.

There is not one shred of evidence that public executions deter crime. Or that executions deter crime. I am not against the death penalty, but all it does is prevent repeat offences. And I'm for that.

I agree...With how the death penalty laws are handled today, it doesn't do the job it was intended for...Most criminals know that although they may do a crime that entails the possibility of the death penalty...They also know that they got 20 years to put appeals in, as well as time for laws to change and their sentences to be reduced/pardoned...Meaning that the likelyhood that the execution will go through is minimal...

Not much of a deterant in the least...

But if the DP was more speedily handled, the number of appeals reduced, and the number of years those executions are held over? Then yes, it would work in the manner it was originally intended to work as...

Reason I'm for more efficiant and stricter DP laws...Stop coddling the criminal and giving him a 'get out of execution' card to use.

Thank goodness for the appeals process: it has allowed new scientific methods to prove innocence in an ever increasing number of cases. I shudder to think how many innocent people may have been excecuted in the past.

I am against the death penalty - it's unequally applied, and flawed.

Thank goodness for the appeals process: it has allowed new scientific methods to prove innocence in an ever increasing number of cases. I shudder to think how many innocent people may have been excecuted in the past.

I am against the death penalty - it's unequally applied, and flawed.
I agree.
imagine how it is in countries where it takes 4 witnesses to adultry and they cut off your hands for stealing. and the cleric makes the final call.

You're probably right, but I wonder if people saw PUBLIC hangings or decapitations if they'd change their minds. For example, you kill a little girl, you go to jail for 25 years while you wait for your appeals and other BS to go through. Then, maybe 30 years after you killed the little girl, you might get a shot in the arm with some lethal soap suds. All those 30 years, though, the public has forgotten about you - out of sight, out of mind, yeah?

But, if you had the image of some SOB getting his head severed from his body IN PUBLIC - actually seeing the blood and guts (awesome!:D ) - do you think at least some would reconsider a life of violent crime? Maybe, maybe not. I'm just submitting it for review....

Agreed. Yet another reason why religion has no place what-so-ever in government.

but in 57 OIC (Islamic) countries the governments are religious.
and it is spreading. the conflicts you see in Africa and Southeast Asia are to change into Islamic governments, which follow sharia law. which behead Christians for their religious beliefs.

and it is spreading. the conflicts you see in Africa and Southeast Asia are to change into Islamic governments, which follow sharia law. which behead Christians for their religious beliefs.

That's only fair. Christians used to run unbelievers through with swords. Unless they were Jewish. Then they did worse.

Werbung:

Yeah, just like how communism took over the globe.

Back