1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Defense Cuts - Are you kidding me.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by chestnut, Feb 13, 2009.

1. chestnut

chestnut New Member

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

He promised he would do it, so I guess at least he keeps his word on some stuff.

I wish he kept his word on not hiring lobbyists instead :(

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Your Faux News link is no good.

Good move Barack!

Last year's defense budget was over 500 billion...almost as much as the rest of the world combined. If anything, Obama should cut it much more than 10%.

4. Hobo1

Hobo1 Active Member

Hey, I am a hard-core conservative - but I also served in the military during Vietnam and I know the military can spend money faster than a drunken sailor. I remember in DaNang using an American Standard toilet mounted on Weyerhauser plywood - all imported from the US. Running the military is the most inefficient bureaucracy in Washington, and every year they get more greedy and more inefficient.

Believe me, after 8 years of Bush spending with zero care about fiscal responsibility I am positive the military can afford a 10%, cross the board haircut and no one would feel any pain. Don't tell me we are fighting a war - the budget has long ago been adjusted and fattened to the war in Iraq. Fighting a war is no excuse.