Delhi High Court decriminalises homosexuality

And like bododie you are giving Mr. Saxon a free pass on advocating that the military be used against American gay people.
This is what he said:
Saxon:
Wonderful, in a nation of over 700 MILLION, fags must be dealt with. I have, since my very birth, been advocating the destruction of faggotry.
He never once mentioned using the American military (or any military) against American gays... In fact, he was talking about New Delhi... We don't have 700 million people in the US (at least not until after ACORN finishes the Obama census).

Now what do you suppose the military will do to gay people? Concentration camps? Summary executions? Cookies and milk with arsenic? Medical experiments? Target practice?
My guess would be the same thing that happens to gays in Iran? Oh wait... Ahmadinnerjacket said there were no gays in Iran.

I have never advocated the systematic destruction of any group, nor have I ever voted or advocated denial of equal rights to any group. Somehow I think your pop-psych accusation of self-loathing is probably misplaced.
Relax Mare... We may disagree on some things but as Top Gun pointed out, we're Americans first and anyone looking to do harm to my fellow Americans will have a sh1t storm on their hands the likes of which they can't imagine.

Werbung:
Relax Mare... We may disagree on some things but as Top Gun pointed out, we're Americans first and anyone looking to do harm to my fellow Americans will have a sh1t storm on their hands the likes of which they can't imagine.
Saxon did not identify a country and many people don't know how many people live in the US, so I assumed he was just another American Nazi and addressed him as such. Silly me.

It would be nice to think that any group of Americans being shot down in the streets would cause an uproar and maybe it would, but below are two links to massacres in which the military or police forces slaughtered people in the past.
http://www.santafetrailscenicandhistoricbyway.org/ludlow.html

http://www.phmc.state.pa.us/ppet/lattimer/page1.asp?secid=31

I also know that quite a number of transgendered people are killed in this country. The two paramedics who refused Tyra Hunter medical care and allowed her to die were not disciplined despite the fact that Washington D. C. was required to pay several million in a wrongful death suit. The man who shot two transwomen while they sat in their car at a stoplight was never caught even though witnesses said he parked his Honda Accord and walked back to the women's car and shot each one 9 more times before driving off. The sheriff who refused to arrest the two men who raped Brandon Teena, but did tell the men that the rape had been reported, was never prosecuted despite the fact that the two men went to the house where Brandon and two friends were staying and they shot all three of them to death.

We should also bear in mind that the holy book of the dominant religion in this country does still call for the deaths of gay people, and that book is considered the inerrant Word of God to a lot of folks.

When martial law is declared the military will do as they are told, whether that means rounding up Japanese Americans to put them in concentration camps or shooting striking miners. Call me paranoid if you like, but I've had my life threatened, I've had guns pointed at me in anger, I've seen the aftermath of the beatings delivered to transwomen by groups of angry men. When someone calls for the military to be called out for the "destruction of faggotry" it concerns me.

I do appreciate you spirit of support though, thank you.

Saxon did not identify a country and many people don't know how many people live in the US, so I assumed he was just another American Nazi and addressed him as such.
He was just another whackjob Canadian like UShadItComing... Its a shame the only Canuks that come through here give Canada a bad name.

We should also bear in mind that the holy book of the dominant religion in this country does still call for the deaths of gay people, and that book is considered the inerrant Word of God to a lot of folks.
The same book also says its ok to sell your daughter into slavery...
Exodus 21 verse 7:"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do."

...And those working on the sabbath should be put to death:
Exodus 35 verse 2: "For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Christians don't do those things either.

I do appreciate you spirit of support though, thank you.
You're welcome.... despite the hyperbole and accusations of racism, sexism, bigotry, homophobia and fascism, launched at me... None of them are remotely accurate, its just political demonization.

My belief in individual rights extends to all Americans, period.

The same book also says its ok to sell your daughter into slavery...
Exodus 21 verse 7:"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do."

...And those working on the sabbath should be put to death:
Exodus 35 verse 2: "For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Christians don't do those things either.

My point with the examples I gave was that they Do kill gay and transgendered people and they have for a lot of centuries. Nobody cares if you work on Sunday, but more than half the States have passed anti-gay marriage Constitutional amendments, thus showing the depth and breadth of the antipathy faced by gays, and we still do not have a Federal anti-discrimination law that mandates protection for transgendered people in all States.

My point with the examples I gave was that they Do kill gay and transgendered people and they have for a lot of centuries.
If by "They" you mean Christians, I think you're stereotyping the entire group based on the actions of a few individuals. Also, its an over generalization to think that all who literally bash gays are somehow Christian, most of those who commit violence against gays are not Christians and are not doing so for religious reasons... they are just bigots.

Nobody cares if you work on Sunday, but more than half the States have passed anti-gay marriage Constitutional amendments, thus showing the depth and breadth of the antipathy faced by gays,
I think you're wrong to equate opposition to Gay Marriage with opposition towards gays in general. Those same people who are against gay marriage have no problem with you having all the same rights under a civil union.

and we still do not have a Federal anti-discrimination law that mandates protection for transgendered people in all States.
And I hope you never get such a law. Our laws should protect all people equally, regardless of race, gender, nationality etc. All individuals should have the exact same protections by law and we don't accomplish that by specifying that this or that group has protections that other groups do not have. This is why I don't support Affirmative Action, hate crimes legislation and other forms of laws that discriminate among individuals based on some superficiality or aspect of an individuals life.

I would surely make faggotry illegal, as it is a sick activity, for those with sick minds. That such activities are being foisted upon our children is the end, the straw that broke the camel's back. The faggotry has to go. Repent, or be jailed. Even worse, be sent packing to the USA since they are such a 'loving' country who would have no problem taking in the new refugees. Those fags who rape little boys had better be prepared to draw a dot between their eyes like the Hindus. Such dots made for good targets for my British ancestors in India, and they would do the same for the fags who commit such crimes.

You know all this drama & overreacting kinda makes you sound a lot like Larry Craig.

I am not gay. I've never been gay. My boyfriend might be gay. But I am not gay!
;)

If by "They" you mean Christians, I think you're stereotyping the entire group based on the actions of a few individuals. Also, its an over generalization to think that all who literally bash gays are somehow Christian, most of those who commit violence against gays are not Christians and are not doing so for religious reasons... they are just bigots.
"They" refers to whomever is doing the killing, but one of the most common defenses is "reasonable provocation" which implies that the victim deserved it. Why would someone think a gay person deserves to be killed? Well it DOES say so in the Bible. The Word of God is applied just as selectively as the law in our country.

I think you're wrong to equate opposition to Gay Marriage with opposition towards gays in general. Those same people who are against gay marriage have no problem with you having all the same rights under a civil union.
Maybe, maybe, but some of the amendments expressly forbid ANY legal sanction that approximates marriage:
"This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage." Commonwealth of Virginia Ban on Gay Marriage

"To secure and preserve the benefits of marriage for our society and for future generations of children, the union of one man and one woman in marriage shall be the only agreement recognized as a marriage or similar union for any purpose." Michigan Gay Marriage Ban

In addition, every time I find people arguing against gays having equality it's Christians. Every single person who testified before the Oregon legislature against our anti-discrimination bill and our civil unions bill was a self-identified Christian. I know of no group other than religious ones who are actively campaigning against our rights.

And I hope you never get such a law. Our laws should protect all people equally, regardless of race, gender, nationality etc. All individuals should have the exact same protections by law and we don't accomplish that by specifying that this or that group has protections that other groups do not have. This is why I don't support Affirmative Action, hate crimes legislation and other forms of laws that discriminate among individuals based on some superficiality or aspect of an individuals life.
I understand your point and I agree with you. The problem is that if one is not mentioned in the law, then one is not protected. In most States one can be fired, denied housing, and denied services simply for being a transsexual. If the law was applied equally, then I would not look to hate crime laws, but the law is NOT applied equally.

An example would be Portland, Oregon. I moved here because they have strong protections at the city and county level for transsexual people. Until our new State-wide anti-discrimination law went into effect a transsexual could be fired or denied housing and services LEAGLLY almost every place else in the State.

The law is not applied equally in marriage either. The equal protection clause of the Constitution requires that laws be applied equally to all adults. Denying some consenting adults the legal contract of marriage while allowing others to enjoy that contract is legal discrimination in our country because the law is seletively applied to gay people to deny them marriage rights. Murderers on death row can marry, meth-heads, drug dealers, child molestors, sick people, old people, ANYBODY can marry, except gay people. Why? Christianity specifically, and religion generally.

Werbung:
I understand your point and I agree with you. The problem is that if one is not mentioned in the law, then one is not protected.
If the law mentions specific groups then that is a problem with the law being too specific, the language used should be broadened to include everyone. Adding this or that specific group only compounds the underlying problem in the original law of it being too specific.

Also, you would have far more support if you were looking to reform such laws so that all persons would be covered, rather than trying to gain support for specific groups of people to also be covered.

The law is not applied equally in marriage either.
Well... I don't know who gave the government the authority to decide who can and cannot get married and I don't know when they began exercising that power but I'm one who would like that power removed from the hands of government and returned to the people involved. Marriage is only the business of those directly involved, everyone else should mind their own business.

Back