Dem jokes about Hurricane

Actually it's Poopeye who has no concept of reality! He claims that the only pictures he remembers seeing are of them sitting around and eating cake, so I guess he'd have us believe that he was in a COMA for all of the HOURS of coverage, and miles of photographs, from ALL of the trips when President Bush came to New Orleans after Katrina.

President Bush was IN New Orleans 4 days after the storm, and came back 2 more times over the next 2 weeks, and made literally dozens of other trips down to see what progress had been made, and to be personally briefed on what was needed, so that he could use his executive authority to expedite whatever was needed.

As one who was there for Katrina, the only words that I can use to describe the lowlives who use the deaths of 1,600 people, and the devistation of literally hundreds of thousands of peoples lives for political fodder is,...well, I can't use the words I would like to use here, so SCUM will have to suffice.

as true as all of that may be, i don't think it was ever at issue, at least not in my posts.

the op was about how awful it was for that democrat to make that joke... and while i agree that it was bad, and probably everyone agrees, the issue became the double standard. oh, one guy made light of a disaster- yeah, but your guy also made light of a disaster. and moreover, the explicit rejection of that idea without so much as a cursory investigation into its veracity by libsmoothie, which is something that happens often around here.

Werbung:
as true as all of that may be, i don't think it was ever at issue, at least not in my posts.

the op was about how awful it was for that democrat to make that joke... and while i agree that it was bad, and probably everyone agrees, the issue became the double standard. oh, one guy made light of a disaster- yeah, but your guy also made light of a disaster. and moreover, the explicit rejection of that idea without so much as a cursory investigation into its veracity by libsmoothie, which is something that happens often around here.

I totally reject your entire premise. There's not a reasonable individual in the country who bought into, or approved of, that MORON preachers comments, and there's not a reasonable individual in the country that approves of what Obama's moron said either, and ANYONE who doesn't loudly condemn what BOTH of them said, remains in my book, the lowest form of SCUM there is, and I wouldn't urinate on ANY of them if they were to burst into flames right in front of me.

I totally reject your entire premise. There's not a reasonable individual in the country who bought into, or approved of, that MORON preachers comments, and there's not a reasonable individual in the country that approves of what Obama's moron said either, and ANYONE who doesn't loudly condemn what BOTH of them said, remains in my book, the lowest form of SCUM there is, and I wouldn't urinate on ANY of them if they were to burst into flames right in front of me.

On September 18, 2006, Pastor John Hagee whose endorsement McCain said he was “glad to have” — told NPR that “Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God,” Hagee said, because “there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came.”

McCain's pastor friend spouted this garbage, McCain ate cake and partied with Bush....how can anybody defend such blatant lack of leadership during a time of national crisis?

what did wright say that was so awful? i've heard the same 45 seconds-out-of-over-20-years as you have, and i did not find any of it particularly controversial. harsh, maybe, but not wrong.

except for the idea that the us gov't created aids, that's clearly incorrect.

Werbung:
Of course if you put this into a different context, let me show you;

Crazy evangelical christians pray for rain during the DNC.... it's nice and sunshines bright.... RNC comes around, and here comes a hurricane. The synchronicity lends itself to the very comment he made. There is nothing to see here, it's not a bad thing going on under the hood with these guys, I've heard people unrelated to any political faction make the very same comments...it's an obvious thing to say.

They prayed for rain upon their enemies, and a bolt from the blue struck them dead as they prayed....

Back