Dems fleeing party in battleground states

dogtowner

Staff member
thats going to leave a mark

thats not money in the GOP bank to be sure but its a troubling thin g for the DNC. first the state pols flee the albatross Obama now the voters are distancing themselves. oh my...

President Obama and his re-election team have prided themselves on their well-oiled get-out-the-vote effort. But a new study from the centrist think tank Third Way suggests Democrats are losing ground organizationally in nearly all of the key battleground states in the general election.

The group's analysis found that, in the eight politically-pivotal states that register voters by party, a significant number have left the Democratic party since 2008, with many choosing to register as independents. Over 825,000 registered Democrats in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina and Pennsylvania have departed the party rolls since President Obama's election in 2008, a much more significant share than the number of Republicans (378,000) who have done the same. Meanwhile, the number of registered independents has ticked upwards by 254,000.

The Democratic decline is especially stark in Iowa and Florida, two early Republican primary states where Democrats have lost significant ground. In Iowa, the number of registered Democrats has declined 7.9 percent since 2008, while the number of registered Republicans has increased by two percent. In the Sunshine State, Democratic registration decreased by five percent, while Republican registration dipped 2.2 percent.

In New Hampshire, Democratic registration plummeted a whopping 14.6 percent, with Republican registration declining a similarly significant 13.5 percent.

Werbung:
thats going to leave a mark

thats not money in the GOP bank to be sure but its a troubling thin g for the DNC. first the state pols flee the albatross Obama now the voters are distancing themselves. oh my...

Odd they are leaving the party...but not joining the Republicans...ever wounder why? I can tell you...They hate your party even more.

This just sucks so badly! They are leaving because obama is a miserable failure but where can they take their vote? There is not really any good choice on the republican side either. I am just disgusted!

This just sucks so badly! They are leaving because obama is a miserable failure but where can they take their vote? There is not really any good choice on the republican side either. I am just disgusted!

has there been a good choice since like Madison ?

Ronald Reagan was originally a Democrat. But as the party moved farther and farther to the left, he eventually gave up on it, as did many others.

The trend continues to this day.

has there been a good choice since like Madison ?

Ronald Reagan was good though I was a communist back then so I thought he sucked at the time :)

Barry Goldwater would have been fantastic!!!!!!!!!

But since I have been old enough to vote there has only been bad and worse

I won’t vote for Newt or Huntsman so if they get the nod I either am not voting or I will write in someone and I probably would not vote for Ron Paul just because of his FP, everything else about him is fantastic. Not that it matters in the people’s republic of Eugene. They have already picked the winner by the time we do our fraudulent vote by mail.

TRANSLATION: "If I can't refute the data Fox has presented, but I hate it anyway, I'll just announce they made it up and hope someone believes me instead of Fox."

No need for anyone to believe ME, or YOU!

NO ONE has ANY IDEA until November 2012.

What I am referring to is the "arrogant certitude" of victory by the GOP . . .in spite of the piss poor candidates!

What I am referring to is the "arrogant certitude" of victory by the GOP . . .in spite of the piss poor candidates!

Oh yeah. They're all as bad as Reagan was. I remember what the dems said about Reagan in 1980. He was either a dumb hick or the antiChrist. I certainly hope no one has "arrogant certitude" of victory. It's gonna be nasty. That's all the dems have. Nasty attacks and telling us how piss poor every candidate is. Aint gonna work. The nation is in bad shape and people are scared of the future. Obama has lost them with his divisive policies and arrogant insults.

So the number of people currently registered in the Democrat party in the states mentioned, and the number registerd in 2008, is a matter of OPINION instead of something that can be verified (as the author apparently did) by checking voter rolls?

And the increases and decreases in voter registration as of the date of the report, is something we can somehow not find out until Nov. 2012?

The leftist fanatics' lies are becoming even more hysterical than I thought.

My sympathies.

Werbung:
So the number of people currently registered in the Democrat party in the states mentioned, and the number registerd in 2008, is a matter of OPINION instead of something that can be verified (as the author apparently did) by checking voter rolls?

And the increases and decreases in voter registration as of the date of the report, is something we can somehow not find out until Nov. 2012?

The leftist fanatics' lies are becoming even more hysterical than I thought.

My sympathies.

You know what?

In many states, registered Independents can vote in both Republicans and Democrats primaries.

Guess what. . .my husband is a registered Independent. . .

Want to guess why? ;):)

p.s. I believe he is planning on voting for the Ron Paul. . . in the primary!

Then, he'll vote for Obama in November 2012.

But, some people just take a little longer to decide. Still, the number of registered Democrats is INCREASING over the last few months:

Thursday, December 01, 2011

The number of Democrats in the United States increased by nearly two percentage points in November, while the number of Republicans held steady.

During November, 34.9% of Americans considered themselves to be Democrats, up from 33.1% in October. That’s just a tenth of a point below their best showing of 2011 which came in January.

Rasmussen Reports tracks this information based on telephone interviews with approximately 15,000 adults per month and has been doing so since November 2002.

Back