Department of Energy makes their position on Nuclear Power Clear

TheFranklinParty

USEC said the U.S. Department of Energy would not proceed with USEC's application for a loan guarantee to complete the construction of the American Centrifuge Plant in Piketon Ohio. USEC has a very efficient technology for enriching uranium. With the DOE's decision, the company said it is now forced to initiate steps to demobilize the project. This will mean more job losses for Ohio and gives us a clear picture of the DOE’s position on Nuclear Power.

Personally, I cannot fathom how this decision supports the clean and green mantra of the current administration. It isn’t like they are giving them the money. Their only guaranteeing the loan.

Werbung:
USEC said the U.S. Department of Energy would not proceed with USEC's application for a loan guarantee to complete the construction of the American Centrifuge Plant in Piketon Ohio. USEC has a very efficient technology for enriching uranium. With the DOE's decision, the company said it is now forced to initiate steps to demobilize the project. This will mean more job losses for Ohio and gives us a clear picture of the DOE’s position on Nuclear Power.

Personally, I cannot fathom how this decision supports the clean and green mantra of the current administration. It isn’t like they are giving them the money. Their only guaranteeing the loan.

Are you referring to this decision?

Department of Energy Denies USEC’s Loan Guarantee Application

“We are shocked and disappointed by DOE’s decision. The American Centrifuge met the original intent of the loan guarantee program in that it would have used an innovative, but proven, technology, reduced greenhouse gas emissions and created thousands of immediate jobs across the United States.

“Our application has been pending for a year, and we have addressed any concerns the Department raised. Technically, we operated the American Centrifuge technology in a lead cascade for approximately 235,000 machine hours. Financially, we have invested $1.5 billion dollars in the project and offered $1 billion of additional corporate support. It is unclear how DOE expects to find innovative technologies that assume zero risk, but the American Centrifuge clearly meets the energy security and climate change goals of the Obama administration.

It does make you wonder just what the DOE was thinking, doesn't it?

Like it or not, America needs to make more use of nuclear energy. We can be pious and preach all we want, but we still need the energy. That energy could even be used to reduce the effects of the coming water crisis in many areas.

Now which state wants to be first to volunteer to take the nuclear waste?

Werbung:
Like it or not, America needs to make more use of nuclear energy. We can be pious and preach all we want, but we still need the energy. That energy could even be used to reduce the effects of the coming water crisis in many areas.

Now which state wants to be first to volunteer to take the nuclear waste?

Wow, I would not have guessed you would be for nuclear energy. I wish more were for it.

I vote we give the waste to NJ

Back