Detroit--The Cradle of Insanity

Werbung:
Had never heard of Bobby Dare before

here his style reminds me a little of the Big Bopper and Johnny Cash

It is too bad more Americans did not KNOW that liberalism killed Detroit. It might wake them up to the horrendous consequences of this childish and foolish ideology.

I would like to home to Detroit. Only it would have to be the Detroit I knew as a child.

It is too bad more Americans did not KNOW that liberalism killed Detroit. It might wake them up to the horrendous consequences of this childish and foolish ideology.

I would like to home to Detroit. Only it would have to be the Detroit I knew as a child.

It was once a great city--full of everything.
Then--liberalism--sparked by unions--dismantled every single pillar of decency there.
Hell--for fun--the commit group ARSON! o_O

I think we have found ourselves in a global economy. It's going to take some doing to figure out how we can have jobs for everyone that pays them enough to live in a country that costs so much.

My dad was a middle class blue collar worker that has had a good life on what he made. Never went into debt and saved for a nice retirement and wasn't in a union. My mom didn't have to work. I think those days have long passed us.

I think we have found ourselves in a global economy. It's going to take some doing to figure out how we can have jobs for everyone that pays them enough to live in a country that costs so much.

My dad was a middle class blue collar worker that has had a good life on what he made. Never went into debt and saved for a nice retirement and wasn't in a union. My mom didn't have to work. I think those days have long passed us.

I think people's expectations for wealth and materialism are exceeding their abilities very quickly.
Our folks--back in the day--pinched a nickel until the buffalo pooped for no other reason than they were careful about the future not being a "sure thing".

Nowadays we all--I have done the same--just fill our homes with crap we buy and play with or look at for three days--then go out and repeat the process.

China makes more crap than even a Roman Emperor could consume--and we buy it all because it is cheap--relatively.

Saving anything is discouraged now (look at the savings interest rate on CDs at banks now) and we are pushed to spend to bolster the economy.

It is a futile and pointless endeavor--that ends in collapse.
It's really a Ponzi scheme.

^good post.

I was thinking more about if you were a young person, just starting out on your own, what would it cost you to do it? And, how much would you have to make, just to afford rent, food, transportation, insurance, clothes - just the basics.

^good post.

I was thinking more about if you were a young person, just starting out on your own, what would it cost you to do it? And, how much would you have to make, just to afford rent, food, transportation, insurance, clothes - just the basics.

It all depends on HOW you choose to live.
Think back to college days or a young person starting out in the work force--hell--I knew how to eat on a small amount if I needed to. And lived in some funky places--but--it was fun to do that and is looked down on now. If you had a car that ran well--you were quite happy. Even if your folks could afford to give you a lot--they often didn't just to make you understand life isn't easy. We were less spoiled 40-50 years ago.

But--you work hard to spoil your kids when you can--it is a circle of dichotomies--a dog chasing it's tail. Life is really just one never-ending crap-shoot. Ha! :confused:

Ben Franklin said--
"A man has three friends in this life: an old wife, an old dog and ready money."

Werbung:
I think people's expectations for wealth and materialism are exceeding their abilities very quickly.
Our folks--back in the day--pinched a nickel until the buffalo pooped for no other reason than they were careful about the future not being a "sure thing".

Nowadays we all--I have done the same--just fill our homes with crap we buy and play with or look at for three days--then go out and repeat the process.

China makes more crap than even a Roman Emperor could consume--and we buy it all because it is cheap--relatively.

Saving anything is discouraged now (look at the savings interest rate on CDs at banks now) and we are pushed to spend to bolster the economy.

It is a futile and pointless endeavor--that ends in collapse.
It's really a Ponzi scheme.

Yes....many Americans are debt serfs. The banks, government, and the Fed love over consumption and debt serfdom.

Many experts think this is changing thanks to the poor economy and demographics. The huge Baby Boomer generation is heading into their retirement years and most of them possess few assets, while their Social Security benefits are in question. As a consequence, they are NOT spending (which the Fed and gov hate). They are deleveraging and saving what they can.

Back