Did you know? Well, you'll know now!!!

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Casket shopping? Try Wal-Mart

The retail behemoth follows Costco's lead by offering a selection of caskets and urns online.

Posted by Karen Datko on Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:34 AM
Don't look for them on the shelves of your local Wal-Mart store, but Walmart.com is now selling caskets and urns at bargain prices online.

The Associated Press reports that Wal-Mart quietly added these items to its huge online selection last week. And it noted that Costco has been selling caskets and urns online as well. Who knew?
This is great news, we think, because the exorbitant prices charged by funeral homes have been one of our pet peeves for decades. Funeral homes are required by law to accept a casket you buy elsewhere -- and can't charge you extra if you do.

Read More...
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/default.aspx?feat=1342261

Well, why not...I just can't fathom having one delivered to my door step :eek:

Werbung:
Casket shopping? Try Wal-Mart

The retail behemoth follows Costco's lead by offering a selection of caskets and urns online.

Posted by Karen Datko on Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:34 AM
Don't look for them on the shelves of your local Wal-Mart store, but Walmart.com is now selling caskets and urns at bargain prices online.

The Associated Press reports that Wal-Mart quietly added these items to its huge online selection last week. And it noted that Costco has been selling caskets and urns online as well. Who knew?
This is great news, we think, because the exorbitant prices charged by funeral homes have been one of our pet peeves for decades. Funeral homes are required by law to accept a casket you buy elsewhere -- and can't charge you extra if you do.

Read More...
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/default.aspx?feat=1342261

Well, why not...I just can't fathom having one delivered to my door step :eek:

You make a good point and actually one that my grandparents on my Dad's side made before they passed away.

They thought it was ridiculous to spend large amounts of money on fancy caskets and told everyone before they died that they wanted the absolute least expensive casket available. They thought it was a huge waste of money to spend on something that was just going in the ground to rot. They lived on a farm so they were very practical... and also knew what happens to stuff in the ground I guess!

Looks like now you might be able to have your cake and eat it too. Nice without the price.

Of course you won't actually be eating cake I guess... still good to know.:D

Back