Dirty politics

Hello TruthAboveAll,

I agree with much of your posts. Whoever the GOP candidate is, especially if it is against Hillary, the mud is going to pile up like firewood.

I do disagree with your notion of a moderate being able to bring the country back after 8 years of bad government memories for me and plenty of others. I would like to see some healing and unification after all this, as I said before.

I think McCain is the only person in the race still that could do that. I dont think of McCain as a liar, but a generally honest guy. I dont trust Hillary and am tired of her.

Now, I as an Independant, I wont be voting along party lines. McCain to me, and many other independants will agree is the only one that can have a chance at winning the general election.

Werbung:
Hi Andy,
Well I guess it would be fair to say we have different definition of what a moderate is versus a liberal. Maybe I should clarify though what I think is the real positive about McCain, and that is his willingness to work beyond party lines with the aim being a workable solution that is practical along with taking on the issues that none of the other candidates would such, as he did with campaign finance.

That being said, Andy who do you like for President?

No one... thus far

Hi Andy,
Well I guess it would be fair to say we have different definition of what a moderate is versus a liberal. Maybe I should clarify though what I think is the real positive about McCain, and that is his willingness to work beyond party lines with the aim being a workable solution that is practical along with taking on the issues that none of the other candidates would such, as he did with campaign finance.

That being said, Andy who do you like for President?

I am unsure of how being a Democrat, while calling yourself a Republican, is working beyond party lines. Nor do I see how being so would be a positive.

Basically you are saying being dishonest about your true loyalty is a plus.

Further, it may end up being more a of negative. The Democrats normally are consumed with power. As such for their own benefit they would be against McCain regardless of how much he supports their causes. Of course the Republicans will not support McCain because he constantly sides against them.

It could very quickly end up being like Jesse Ventura who because he was 'independent', had support of neither party, and had a horrible time getting anything passed.

As for me, I really do not see the Constitutionalist position being truly supported by any candidate. I may not vote, I may vote against Hilliary, and I may vote independent. It depends on if Hilliary is on the ticket, and who the repug is. I get sick of repugs though because of their lack of Constitutionality. It's possible our country is too far gone for a candidate of my liking to be on the ballet. :rolleyes:

Check out this garbage. A mailer, similar to this, has been received by voters in SC. It basically calls John McCain a traitor.

This is nothing but a cowardly act, done by many of the same people, headed by Jerry Kiley and Ted Sampley, that were involved in swift boating John Kerry.

Every time I think politics can't get any dirtier, it does just that.
You must be too young to remember 2000.

mccain_bush-hug-767929.jpg

:rolleyes:

Is it just me or is the other bloke (not Bush) absoloutley dripping with sweat? Or is that just wierd varicose veins on his face...

Begin to understand this ideology. Look at history... did you ever hear of the great moderates? No, because there is nothing great about being moderate. Centrists are nothing more than road kill.

Can anyone tell me what the 'moderate' view is on any major issue, or why anyone should support the 'moderate' view?

Moreover, McCain supported limiting freedom of speech. This is not moderate, this is liberal.

McCain supported tax and spend policy. This is not moderate, this is liberal.

McCain supported amnesty for illegals. This is not moderate, this is liberal.

McCain supported preventing an up or down vote on judicial nominees. That isn't even constitutionally supportable, and clearly very liberal.

I'm not sure of any political view of his that is not liberal.

If McCain is a moderate, then that's only a liberal who left the Democrat party. Calls himself a moderate and joins the repug, but he's no different than any donkey on the ticket.

To be fair, he has been pretty pro-life throughout his career. That said, I still wouldn't trust him to be a "conservative" by any means. And as was said above, if these charges are true then what's wrong with them?

Granted

To be fair, he has been pretty pro-life throughout his career. That said, I still wouldn't trust him to be a "conservative" by any means. And as was said above, if these charges are true then what's wrong with them?

It's possible he's pro-life. But some of his statements have made me wonder. More specifically, he has said many anti-religious statements, that is both liberal and alienates religious voters.

I was not making a point about those statements being good or bad. Honestly many Democrats would find most of those as being very positive.

My point is merely that those statements are not the views of a Constitutionalist, a Conservative, or a Republican. As in, McCain is none of those.

Again, if McCain wins, there will be two Democrats running for office.

Again, if McCain wins, there will be two Democrats running for office.

I know, aint it great? I mean this is my third Presidential election to vote in.
In the previous two it was George Bush versus also ran. Now if there were to be an Obama-McCain general election, I would consider either candidate a victory for me personally.

I know, aint it great? I mean this is my third Presidential election to vote in.
In the previous two it was George Bush versus also ran. Now if there were to be an Obama-McCain general election, I would consider either candidate a victory for me personally.
Whatta shame (for you).

If you'd noticed the seating-arrangement (at the SOTU), you (probably) saw the Dem-ticket; Clinton/Biden. :cool:

Shaman,
Guess we will see when its said and done. Personally I like Biden. I would like to see him in the next administration. With Obama that is unlikely, but no worries. Like I said before an Obama-McCain general election would be a no lose situation for me.
As for Clinton, I think there is a good chance you will Wes Clark on her ticket.

It does make you wonder... why do we have a constitution anyway? We don't follow it, we elect people that we know will ignore it. What purpose does it serve anyway?

But it's all good. Go tyranny! Freedom is over rated!

It does make you wonder... why do we have a constitution anyway? We don't follow it, we elect people that we know will ignore it. What purpose does it serve anyway?

But it's all good. Go tyranny! Freedom is over rated!

I dont disagree Andy. It seems that the slippery slope started long ago.

No doubt.

I dont disagree Andy. It seems that the slippery slope started long ago.

No question about it. But to think we have progressed to the point where all the options on the list are nearly a carbon copy of each other, that our defaults are Obama and McCain, and that people are happy about it... is really really sad... Basically the people are voting for the candidates they know the least about. McCain "I supported the surge" and Obama "We are great!"

I wager the loss of our civilization as we know it, will likely be within my life time. Just in the last 40 years, our country and government has warped to be nothing of what the founding fathers envisioned. We already have completely accepted Communism as the default for how our country should run. And despite what people say about supporting freedom and protecting rights, they consistently vote for those who by virtue of supported policy, want to tax more and control more and regulate more.

Werbung:
Shaman,
Guess we will see when its said and done. Personally I like Biden.

As for Clinton, I think there is a good chance you will Wes Clark on her ticket.
I was always hoping Joe Biden would run, again (after Kerry imploded), back before Hillary announced. I can easily see him negotiating-with/cajoling, on international-matters. He always makes reasoned-arguments.....rather-than the sophomoric-justifications (from the present-Admin), for their actions. :rolleyes:

Back