Do celebrities and politics go togther?

stobocop

I was on YouTube today and found some of the celebrity 'public service announcement' (PSA) videos where some big name celebrities tell you the importance of voting. It's all for a good cause- but as more and more celebrities take an active role in politics, do we run the risk of unjust labelling and association from the celebs they get public endorsements from?

My question is mostly applicable to the young voters of America, who really idolize these people: do celebrities you admire effect your perception of a candidate?
And is the new interest that is attracted by famous people (the new voters who vote because of the hype, or because someone they idolize is all for it) a fair exchange for a surge of new, and potentially ill informed, voters showing up at the polls?

Here are some videos to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOk9B1hYr4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlaAmHbtCls

Werbung:
c'mon Lib, there's Alec Baldwin, Barbara Streisand, Al Franken, all geniuses and pillars of integrity. Oops, I almost left out O.J., Michael Vick, and Jesse Jackson.

c'mon Lib, there's Alec Baldwin, Barbara Streisand, Al Franken, all geniuses and pillars of integrity.
....And, people who've seen much-more of the World....both, physically & thru research-required for playing various characters.

Face it.....celebrities have seen much-more of the World, around us, than the average "conservative"-cretin, who sees all challenges & Life's variables as unnecessary-evils.

Yes, I'm sure that American celebrities mingle with the townsfolk, everywhere they go. What was I thinking. What a stupid argument.

You are soo cleaver, and funny. Every time I read something you have written, I can`t help but laugh. Come on tell me the truth, you don`t know a damn thing about politics
do you.? You should be a comedian, hell I`d pay to see it.

who was that one actor, you know that one that got all political all the time

O year

Reagan

Granted. As sooo many of the left have pointed out repeatedly, this is true. And if he was nothing but an actor, then I would not have been interested in voting for him.

But that is a very small part of Reagan's life that those on the left have magnified.

Reagan was in radio, and although that means little to the left who can't hold a candle in the realm of public discussion, there are many on the radio I'd considered for public office.

Reagan enlisted in the reserves. The vast majority of people in Hollywood literally hate the military, let alone, have any real world experience what it's like being in the military. Most wouldn't defend their country under any circumstances.

Reagan was elected to the Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild. Although this is related to acting, it's more of a positions of management, and requires an understanding of economics.

Of course Reagan worked for General Electric, and had 8 years as governor.

But the idea that we should think some idiot in Hollywood:

"I don't know anything about economics or policy, but I play someone who does on TV!!"

That's a joke. Some of the people in Hollywood have never held a real job outside of the limelight of star struck stupidity. What wisdom do you think the silver spoon spoiled brats of Hollywood know?

What... you think if they fly to Cuba, and get treated like royalty by a dictator in special "for-show" hospitals only available to those who pay, means that they are now experts in health care policy? Give me a break. Tell me America isn't that gullible?

Granted. As sooo many of the left have pointed out repeatedly, this is true. And if he was nothing but an actor, then I would not have been interested in voting for him.

But that is a very small part of Reagan's life that those on the left have magnified.

Reagan was in radio, and although that means little to the left who can't hold a candle in the realm of public discussion, there are many on the radio I'd considered for public office.

Reagan enlisted in the reserves. The vast majority of people in Hollywood literally hate the military, let alone, have any real world experience what it's like being in the military. Most wouldn't defend their country under any circumstances.

Reagan was elected to the Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild. Although this is related to acting, it's more of a positions of management, and requires an understanding of economics.

Of course Reagan worked for General Electric, and had 8 years as governor.

But the idea that we should think some idiot in Hollywood:

"I don't know anything about economics or policy, but I play someone who does on TV!!"

That's a joke. Some of the people in Hollywood have never held a real job outside of the limelight of star struck stupidity. What wisdom do you think the silver spoon spoiled brats of Hollywood know?

What... you think if they fly to Cuba, and get treated like royalty by a dictator in special "for-show" hospitals only available to those who pay, means that they are now experts in health care policy? Give me a break. Tell me America isn't that gullible?

May fav Gov was Jessy the body ventura, and most people just say he was a wrestler , when they don't know he was also mayor of a one of the larger cities here for years as well. And my point was that had we used the same logic, no one would have listent to him from teh start, so he never would have had the bacground then ended up with him running for president. not knocking him as president.

May fav Gov was Jessy the body ventura, and most people just say he was a wrestler , when they don't know he was also mayor of a one of the larger cities here for years as well. And my point was that had we used the same logic, no one would have listent to him from teh start, so he never would have had the bacground then ended up with him running for president. not knocking him as president.

Well, that's great... but it's not what the thread was about. We're not asking if people who happen to have had some experience as an actor should be banned from running for office 30 years later.

The question was, what do these know-nothing actors, who have spent every day with people fawning all over them, with everything they could possibly want (other than a decent life) be given to them on a sliver plater.... what could they know about the issues of life, the issues of the economy, and the issues we face in politics?

Answer... nothing. They don't know jack. They only play people who know jack on TV. They fly to Cuba, to "for-show" hospitals that only service people who visit Cuba with money, and are told a bunch of lies about how great it is, and come back telling us that we need to adopt the Cuban health care system.

Then you ask the common folk escapes from the island prison and find out, it's all a sham. Most of the public hospitals are shacks with one doctor who has very little equipment, in a dump filled with mattresses on the floor with people dying on them.

That's the point of this thread. Should we listen to Sheryl Crow and Pink Floyd, when neither of whom know the slightest thing about how the real world works? Of course not. They are singers. Go sing something.

When you run a real company, when you have to face the enemy, when you have to deal with a socialized system from the common mans perspective, then come back and talk to us about politics. But as long as they remain in the fantasy limelight of star struck Hollywood... just spare me the stupidity.

....And, people who've seen much-more of the World....both, physically & thru research-required for playing various characters.

Face it.....celebrities have seen much-more of the World, around us, than the average "conservative"-cretin, who sees all challenges & Life's variables as unnecessary-evils.

Yaaaaa - I see your point - eg Paris Hilton is a friggin genius! :) Maybe she should do research on string theory. :D :p

Werbung:
Back