Do corporations control the US?

Werbung:
Do corporations control the US?

What do you think of corporate control in the United States? :confused:

Corporations can't control anything without government help. Why? Because only government has a monopoly on LEGALIZED FORCE.

If you don't want to shop at Wal-Mart, then you can choose to go elsewhere. Wal-Mart can't send a bunch of armed goons to your house to force you to come into their store. But government can use force to make you comply with whatever it wants to do. That's why government is the greater threat.

The real danger is when larger corporations use government to destroy their small business competition, as the following article proves. This article also shows there is no true free market in the U.S.:

Dairy Industry Crushed Innovator Who Bested Price-Control System

In the summer of 2003, shoppers in Southern California began getting a break on the price of milk.

A maverick dairyman named Hein Hettinga started bottling his own milk and selling it for as much as 20 cents a gallon less than the competition, exercising his right to work outside the rigid system that has controlled U.S. milk production for almost 70 years. Soon the effects were rippling through the state, helping to hold down retail prices at supermarkets and warehouse stores.

That was when a coalition of giant milk companies and dairies, along with their congressional allies, decided to crush Hettinga's initiative. For three years, the milk lobby spent millions of dollars on lobbying and campaign contributions and made deals with lawmakers, including incoming Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.).

Last March, Congress passed a law reshaping the Western milk market and essentially ending Hettinga's experiment -- all without a single congressional hearing.

"They wanted to make sure there would be no more Heins," said Mary Keough Ledman, a dairy economist who observed the battle.

Rest of article at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...AR2006120900925.html?nav=rss_email/components

The problem being the Government is largely Bought and owned By corporate contribution as well as other means of political paybacks..........................

the other problem being Corporations and politics are cut from the same cloth these days.the lines are no longer visible they have become interchangable look at Carlisle Group to get an idea or the Pnac or any other number of politcorp structures that exist in todays world

If you don't want to shop at Wal-Mart you don't have to, but try finding a soft drink thats not made by Coca Cola.

Sure, you'll find one after looking at the labels of about 20 drinks, but so many drinks are made by Coke, even some brands of water.

Corporations are people. People control government, people control corporations, people control damned near everything except global warming.

well talk about technicalities

funny...........

watch em fall for it too!!

Palerider does have a point. Corporations are owned by people, and to restrict their contributions would be restricting their right to free speech. I'm not saying that its good bad or ugly, but I would like to ask, what are you gonna do about it?

well jesus of course he has a point ....

wtf ?

are you people really this deft? Of course corporations are ran and owned by people.....this is the stupidest debate tactic ever its second grade sandbox technicality .....this is simply astounding......lets talk about the most obvious Undeniable aspect of this subject so we can shut em down every time on the "technicality"

this is really something a 60 year old man using 3rd gradetactics in his debate

are you dense?

wtf? again

the technicality is spelled out for you.can you read? whats the problem here ? he said

"Corporations are people. People control government, people control corporations, people control damned near everything except global warming."

and i said

funny...........

Of course corporations are ran and owned by people.....this is the stupidest debate tactic ever its second grade sandbox technicality

?????????????????????/?/????/????????

are you dense?

wtf? again

the technicality is spelled out for you.can you read? whats the problem here ? he said

and i said

?????????????????????/?/????/????????

tisk tisk, do we really want to get into name calling?

You made the point that corporations are "buying government," and Palerider simply said that is there right to contribute to political candidates just as anyone else, as granted by the first ammendment, and you start calling that a technicality. I would not consider the first ammendment to be a technicality. It was intended to protect freedom of expression, and the Supreme Court has made it very clear that this extends to giving money to politicians. So I ask you again, where is the technicality?

You made the point that corporations are "buying government," and Palerider simply said that is there right to contribute to political candidates just as anyone else, as granted by the first ammendment, and you start calling that a technicality. I would not consider the first ammendment to be a technicality. It was intended to protect freedom of expression, and the Supreme Court has made it very clear that this extends to giving money to politicians. So I ask you again, where is the technicality?

Many people who go on about corporations fail to see to the very heart of the matter. That being, that corporations are just groups of people. And they often ignore the fact that they, themselves, may very well be part of several corporations since the vast majority of people today are stockholders in one corporation or another.

Personally, I don't hold stock in corporations whose political activites go against my political or social positions.

I didnt call you any names.........

I asked you a QUESTION................

the question was

Are YOU Dense..................

notice how i dint say gee your dense

or man are you dense

or how dense can you be

any of which would have been calling you dense

I asked you directly if you were dense

a simple yes or no would have sufficed?

I never said that the corporations were "buying" Government what i said and is abundantly TRUE is that CORPORATIONS control Government through DONATIONS to parties and causes so in a sense they are Buying government

you are so far off base on this i cant believe you are trying to shove this down our throats......let me say it again slow just for you ok ?

this again is what pale rider said

Corporations are people. People control government, people control corporations,

see that simple sentance there? i didnt say anything prior to that or after that concerniong any of the semantics you are implying that i was in support of

i saw this sentance and it humored me because it was in response to a statement that Corporations controlled Government at this time....

pale said oh no................people control Government

THAT IS A TECHNICALITY is it NOT?

again i must ask are you dense?

as my response to his sentance was as follows

funny...........

Of course corporations are ran and owned by people.....this is the stupidest debate tactic ever its second grade sandbox technicality

Not at one single time in this thread did i EVER address paleriders assumption that contributing to them was ok or not i never addressed any of what you are saying in short your Full of Sh^t.....what i said is emphatically clear....

I have spelled it out twice for you...because you seem to have comprehension issues . he wrote a sentance i reponded to the sentance .......period end of story

quit implying that ive said things that i have NOT said .....

Werbung:
Many people who go on about corporations fail to see to the very heart of the matter. That being, that corporations are just groups of people. And they often ignore the fact that they, themselves, may very well be part of several corporations since the vast majority of people today are stockholders in one corporation or another.

Personally, I don't hold stock in corporations whose political activites go against my political or social positions.

what is exactly youur ****ing point ? You people slay me Did any of you read where i told you they would now use this singular point to continue to "win" theyre argumenyt? here let me quote it cause here it is happening right before your eyes

..lets talk about the most obvious Undeniable aspect of this subject so we can shut em down every time on the "technicality"

OF COURSE CORPORATIONS ARE OWNED AND CONTROLLED BY PEOPLE

wtf? DID ONE PERSON IN THIS THREAD TRY AND SAY ANYTHING BESDIES THAT?
No they didnt and here you are doing EXACTLY as i predicted on page ONE how frigging transparent !!!!! what a JOKE ....you know what ? Truth Bringer is right about the shetland pony rider!!!!!

You have just again demonstrated to us your lack of insight !!! ridiculous

who said that Corporations arent owned or run by people? who was it ? where did they say that? where has anyone denied that GLARINGLY OBVIOUS point that your hammering on like 2 third graders in the sandbox?

Personally I dont hold stock in anything .....all of my holdings are exactly that MINE.....you are Ridiculous

this thread continues to go on

all hinging on the singular point that i CALLED in the first page

your ass is in the breeze again

Back