Do you agree or disagree with the author?

Werbung:
The author seems to be a true Christian following the precepts in the Bible.

Proverbs 23:13 Withold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
Proverbs 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

God allowed children to be sold into slavery and slaves were allowed to be beaten, so I guess beating kids is what God wants. Look what God did to His Son, beating, and crucifixtion to boot--can we do any less?

The author seems to be a true Christian following the precepts in the Bible.

Proverbs 23:13 Withold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
Proverbs 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

God allowed children to be sold into slavery and slaves were allowed to be beaten, so I guess beating kids is what God wants. Look what God did to His Son, beating, and crucifixtion to boot--can we do any less?

A better translation is spare the rod spoil the child

but they were not talking about a literal rod, it meant its ok to give your child a spanking.

I think spankings are fine, though I only spanked my son 3 times growing up (all three times to keep him from getting killed by stupidity)

my daughter I would never spank, I adopted her and she came from a family where spanking and hitting ended up in child abuse stuff and it would be counter productive to even consider it.

A better translation is spare the rod spoil the child

but they were not talking about a literal rod, it meant its ok to give your child a spanking.

I think spankings are fine, though I only spanked my son 3 times growing up (all three times to keep him from getting killed by stupidity)

my daughter I would never spank, I adopted her and she came from a family where spanking and hitting ended up in child abuse stuff and it would be counter productive to even consider it.

I was being satirical. I'm not sure about a better translation since those were both direct quotes from the Bible and I'm not entirely convinced that changing translations to make the Bible say what you think it should say is the correct course of action.

When my spouse and I got together the boys were 9-10 years old and never needed any spanking. My brother was a real kid beater, his kids were frightened of him, one left home and never spoke to him again. The palpable fear in his house always made me uncomfortable.

I was being satirical. I'm not sure about a better translation since those were both direct quotes from the Bible and I'm not entirely convinced that changing translations to make the Bible say what you think it should say is the correct course of action.

When my spouse and I got together the boys were 9-10 years old and never needed any spanking. My brother was a real kid beater, his kids were frightened of him, one left home and never spoke to him again. The palpable fear in his house always made me uncomfortable.

That is sad about the beating kids.

about the bible. The king james is a translation of the Torah and Tanakh

there are many mistakes and poor translations. Its always better to go with the oldest known document.

the king james bible is translated from Septuagint: The ancient Greek translation of the Jewish scriptures, it was taken from the Hebrew and Aramaic writings of the Torah and Tanakh.

and all bibles must be 20% different than the previous bible published. So things start looking different over time. For the most correct translation of what we call the Old Test... better to get the translation right from hebrew to english instead of hebrew to greek to latan to english...

Werbung:
Octavius said:
Yeah it has to be a joke, if my parents did any of that crap to me i'd have them taken away or something
Sadly its no joke and the way the world is today,i wouldnt be surprised if this still goes on quite alot!

Back