Do you believe in evolution?

Werbung:
hahaaa

Of course, but your post only mentioned man. I'm intrigued by the latest revision of the Bible in which the 6th Commandment is being re-written from: Thou shalt not kill. to Thou shalt not murder.

It's fun for me to watch the inerrant Word of God, kept pure down through the ages by the hand of God, and every word is literal truth, being changed right before our eyes. Will miracles never cease!

Translation is sometimes different:D these two are almost the same words:D
To fully understand holy Quran you need to speak Arabic, what about millions of people who don't, they have the best posible translations:D

Translation is sometimes different:D these two are almost the same words:D
To fully understand holy Quran you need to speak Arabic, what about millions of people who don't, they have the best posible translations:D

Not so fast, sheepskin, the Bible has had the word "kill" in the 6th Commandment for centuries and now all of a sudden it's being changed to "murder". One of the reasons for this I suspect is the animals' rights movement which has used the 6th Commandment to good purpose. Kill and murder are very different words with divergent meanings, "murder" traditionally carries with it a moral value that "kill" does not. It's just another example of Bible revisionism to bring the immutable, infallible, unchanging, inerrant, eternal, Word of God up to date with our current religious needs.
Please note how quickly the Mormons received a revelation from God about allowing black men to hold the priesthood after the Federal Government threatened to revoke their tax exempt status if they didn't. Christians are a violent, but practical people.

hahaa

Not so fast, sheepskin, the Bible has had the word "kill" in the 6th Commandment for centuries and now all of a sudden it's being changed to "murder". One of the reasons for this I suspect is the animals' rights movement which has used the 6th Commandment to good purpose. Kill and murder are very different words with divergent meanings, "murder" traditionally carries with it a moral value that "kill" does not. It's just another example of Bible revisionism to bring the immutable, infallible, unchanging, inerrant, eternal, Word of God up to date with our current religious needs.
Please note how quickly the Mormons received a revelation from God about allowing black men to hold the priesthood after the Federal Government threatened to revoke their tax exempt status if they didn't. Christians are a violent, but practical people.

I disagree with you. Most of churches are protestant. First, there are many different kinds of Bible in the USA :D Protestants follow 16th century rebels against Catholic Church. I am not sure which of these churches changed word murder to word kill but it is nothing new for Protestants. They adjust doctrines to modern time, in this case maybe to animal rights activists. In the San Francisco, CA even cult of Satan was registered and began their mission to bring followers. Why would I be surprised that someone change the Bible anyway they want?:D :D

I disagree with you. Most of churches are protestant. First, there are many different kinds of Bible in the USA :D Protestants follow 16th century rebels against Catholic Church. I am not sure which of these churches changed word murder to word kill but it is nothing new for Protestants. They adjust doctrines to modern time, in this case maybe to animal rights activists. In the San Francisco, CA even cult of Satan was registered and began their mission to bring followers. Why would I be surprised that someone change the Bible anyway they want?:D :D

I own a lot of different Bibles since I have been studying the history of Christianity for several decades, but all of them have had the word "kill" in the 6th Commandment till just very recently--last decade or two--when some versions are being printed on put on the internet with the word "murder".

It doesn't surprise me either, they've been changing it for centuries to make it fit the current popular political situation.

Werbung:
Mare
Forget the specific wording in newer Bible translations. The 10 commandments were presented to the Hebrews somewhere around 1450 BC. The appropriate translation is the one that Hebrew scholars use, the ones who are familar with Hebrew society and customs at that point in history.
The Hebrew word is best translated as "murder" although some scholars beleive it may also include negligent manslaughter and taking no action when murderous intentions are known.

Back