Do you have your new Medicare card with a chip in it?

Gabriel_Bell

Today Amy called me, claiming to be from Medicare Services and asked me if I had received my new Medicare card with a chip in it.

I told her that there is no such thing as a new Medicare, and that she was not a government employee.
She asked me "who am I, then?", and I told her that she was a scammer trying to defraud Medicare recipients.
And she hung up.

She was not the first, but I didn't have the time to do what I usually do: make up a bogus Medicare ID number, substituting random numbers and letters, and when she asked for my present Medicare card ID number, give her those. Just substitute random numbers for numbers on your card and random letters for the number. Eventually, she asked for my bank account number and I told her I banked with Wells Fargo (which I do not) and gave her a bogus account number.

Then I asked the person, (this time a guy) who was my Medicare Advantage provider. He said that was confidential information, so I asked him for his Social Security number again, and again until he hung up.

Please note: there is NO MEDICARE CHIP CARD and Medicare sends you letters and only returns calls, they do not call anyone directly.

Werbung:
I keep them on the phone as long as possible if I am bored...looking for my card, have to find my glasses,
Is that a 1 or I, etc

Werbung:
Today Amy called me, claiming to be from Medicare Services and asked me if I had received my new Medicare card with a chip in it.

I told her that there is no such thing as a new Medicare, and that she was not a government employee.
She asked me "who am I, then?", and I told her that she was a scammer trying to defraud Medicare recipients.
And she hung up.

She was not the first, but I didn't have the time to do what I usually do: make up a bogus Medicare ID number, substituting random numbers and letters, and when she asked for my present Medicare card ID number, give her those. Just substitute random numbers for numbers on your card and random letters for the number. Eventually, she asked for my bank account number and I told her I banked with Wells Fargo (which I do not) and gave her a bogus account number.

Then I asked the person, (this time a guy) who was my Medicare Advantage provider. He said that was confidential information, so I asked him for his Social Security number again, and again until he hung up.

Please note: there is NO MEDICARE CHIP CARD and Medicare sends you letters and only returns calls, they do not call anyone directly.
When the salesmen for government care call me, I tell them I am too far gone for the government to be able to help me.

1708782199919.png

Back