Do you own a TOYOTA...do you trust it now?

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Breaking News Alert
The New York Times
Mon, February 01, 2010 -- 6:51 AM ET
-----

Toyota Says It Will Send Dealers the Parts to Fix Defective Pedals

Toyota Motor on Monday said it would begin fixing accelerator
pedals in millions of recalled vehicles this week, with some
dealerships staying open around the clock to speed the
process.

The company said its engineers have developed and "rigorously
tested" a remedy that involves reinforcing the pedal to
eliminate excess friction. It said it had an "effective and
simple" solution for current owners; dealers will install a
steel reinforcement bar into the pedal assembly to reduce the
surface tension that could cause it to stick.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/business/global/02toyota.html?emc=na
Personally I don't own a Toyota...but after the corporation issuing statements that it was the floor mats and now they've done a huge recall and are going to replace the gas pedal...I would be afraid to get behind the wheel and drive my Toyota...I would really have to think twice about putting my life in the hands of the people who kept saying that it wasn't a problem :eek:

Werbung:
I wonder why America imports so many Toyotas, or indeed, foreign cars in general?

(I don't really wonder. It is because American cars are rubbish and even lots of Americans know that).

I wonder why America imports so many Toyotas, or indeed, foreign cars in general?

(I don't really wonder. It is because American cars are rubbish and even lots of Americans know that).

most if not all Toyotas are built in America. many American nameplates are built in Canada and Mexico.

imports are increasingly being built here from German to Japanese nameplates. got a huge BMW plant in South Carolina.

Well, there's also a newsclip with a mention by Autonation's CEO that they're changing the software, too. You see, most "fly-by-wire" cars have software installed to provide a safety against acceleration while the break is being applied. If they're actually reprogramming them to install that while doing that other thing, you'd have to assume that it's an electronic failure and the gas pedal fix is a coverup.

Well, there's also a newsclip with a mention by Autonation's CEO that they're changing the software, too. You see, most "fly-by-wire" cars have software installed to provide a safety against acceleration while the break is being applied. If they're actually reprogramming them to install that while doing that other thing, you'd have to assume that it's an electronic failure and the gas pedal fix is a coverup.

This 'STORY' seems to have evolved quite a 'far-far' piece from "it's just the floor mats getting shoved up under the gas pedal and it's nothing to do with the design"...GOOD GRIEF how horrible!

I own a Ford, have had 3 ( 2 contours, and one Tbird)
had a Grand Am
Nissan Pulsar (87)
Buick LeSabar

I worked for Ford ( well a Ford Dealership so not for Ford Itself) and I have seen the huge improvements in Ford Cars since the 80's and most of there cars in the 90's. The Contour was actually the start of the move up. Euro Styled world car, that drives like a one...biggest issue that killed it was smaller back seat...

I have a Toyota.

I think I will accelerate it purposely and hit something, but not too hard. I have a bad back so I can blame that on the accident. Then get me a NYU liberal lawyer to win me a bunch of money...

How much money do you think I could win?

Werbung:
I have a Toyota.

I think I will accelerate it purposely and hit something, but not too hard. I have a bad back so I can blame that on the accident. Then get me a NYU liberal lawyer to win me a bunch of money...

How much money do you think I could win?
I would reply as I used to except my 'TROLL' would just report me to the moderators and then I would be banned :cool:

So I'll not be the normal same said sarcastic that you enjoyed and that endeared me to you;
if you did that then you wouldn't receive anything but most likely a concussion...see the trick would be the application of the brakes so that the tell-tale skid mark {black rubber strips upon the pavement/ground} so that it would actually look like your brakes were unable to stop your hurling directly into that tree...but that 'Right Winged Mentality' just seems to block that rational thought process from thinking the scenario clearly {as with your voting ability}...**snicker tee-hee**:D

Back