Does anyone believe our Country will "heal"...

On most days I believe we can come together, agree to disagree on some issues, and pull America back into the "positive" on the balance sheet!

WE MUST STOP SPENDING...NOW!!!

We must, for the sake of our children, stop spending, stop fighting wars, stop playing favorits in Congress with pork barrel and GET OUT OF DEBT.

After 911, we came together for a time...so that gives me hope.

As far as the international folks? Depends on how you phrase the question. Do I care who they want for our elected officials?? Pleeeaaase. If anything, I would vote opposite from what they want simply for the fact that THEY ARE LOOKING OUT FOR THEMSELVES!

These other countries aren't putting OUR INTEREST ABOVE THEIRS.

As far as "playing nice" and being good world citizens. Definitely agree.

Werbung:
TERRORISTS hit all nations! Don't try to say that they will leave us alone if we don't fight back! That is ASININE! History tells us exactly the opposite is true.

Ask them, they will freely admit they WILL KILL ALL AMERICANS when given half a chance!!

Why? Their religion tells them to kill all those who don't believe as they do!!!

So unless you want to don the burkas, ditch our way of life, we will stay their TARGET no matter what we do or don't do.

You mean the ones that voted to allow Fannie and Freddie to encourage all banks to create loans for everybody...regardless of their ability to repay?

And naturally Sham, you don't stick to the question asked. Even on a thread asking a straight question.

Do you have a lover/wife who can put up with you?

No...exactly the opposite!!! Do you understand this issue? I can post some information if you want to read it. (I am not trying to be a smart-ass)

ever?

It seems that the hate in Amercia is growing by leaps and bounds.

When we had a short gas shortage there were people fighting at the pumps!

Do you think that if attacked by another country we could manage to stop fighting with each other and defend ourselves?

The short answer is yes.... and no.

Hate is typically a "by-product" emotion, if you will. It stems from ignorance, fear, unfounded bias or downright evil (stated simply). So while hate is an identifiable emotion defined within a set parameter of actions, the source of hatred is another thing. The hate can be confronted, but essentially cannot be eliminated without identifying the cause.

Most of the hate we see in evidence around us in America today is based on
the first three; ignorance, fear and unfounded bias. Unfortunately, we have a MSM who is not doing it's job of carrying truth to the American public in the news they report. By their partisan influence they distort and/or omit full and true reports. This leaves the American public with a likewise distorted picture of events.

If you are looking for peace and unity as your objective (healing), that will never happen. It is simply not human nature, and contrary to the myriad of cultures, beliefs and objectives that in part make up this country. Some of our greatest strengths can be, unfortunately, our greatest weaknesses.

What we can hope to achieve, and will hopefully be willing to work hard for, is to gain a higher level of true respect for those who we see as different. We can achieve a higher level of honesty and accountability in our Federal government.

Loving America, patriotism, is not the problem. The problem is that there is a huge divide in how we see America. There are those who see America as the greatest country in the world, who has done more good and is more generous than any other nation; those who see it as an exceptional, blessed place to live and limitless potential. There are those who see it as imperialistic, flawed, and a arrogant member of the global community. I happen to be of the first, who see America as great, even with our problems, and a force for good in the world.

We have the boldest governing philosophy in history, and the greatest strengths and protections from our founding documents. We do not need a second Bill of Rights. We do not need to have our Constitution re-invisioned, reinterpreted, or rewritten. We do not need our history books rewritten to meet the guidelines of political correctness.

What we do need is a better informed electorate. We need to have a respect for the core principals we function on. We need to have a MSM that is rededicated to the journalistic principals of honest objectivity in their reporting, and turn from their "we can change the world" mindset.

And attacked by another country, such as another 9/11? I honestly don't know. The distrust on each side has been fueled by the MSM into an unprecedented class warfare and class class envy. The structure necessary for the public to come together for a common cause is seriously damaged, and it will depend on what happens in the next few months whether any progress will be made to the required repairs.

Pidgey, say it isn't true!!! Actually, I was just using that as a small example. The real gap in our Nation is political and I can't help but thinking that it is not good for any of us.

Truth, your piece was well written and from the heart. Thank you for your contribution...

With Obama as President this nation is not worth fighting for . I expect Russia , China, Iran to take advantage of our COWARDLY President . As for me , NO, I would not fight with obama as our "eader"

The PRESIDENCY is an office, it represents ALL OF US...even if we don't agree with the sitting person!!!

I will make an extra effort to get back into lobbying against those "plans" obama has that have been shown to be harmful for our Nation. I will advocate for fairness, STOPPING THE SPENDING and smart energy conversion from oil.

I hope I never stoop down to the level of smearing a sitting President...

Pidgey, say it isn't true!!!
I really wish I could (say it wasn't true).

My honest opinion is that I don't really think it's going to ultimately matter either who you vote for, or who wins: in the declining liquid fuels scenario, it's pretty much "game over". When the dD/dt pushes over into a firm negative, industrial age lifestyle sustainability will go out the window and the struggle to retain it by competing groups will likely cause havoc beyond our worst nightmares.

Werbung:
Very straight forward post! What do you think about the Pickens Plan? Don't you think that *if* our Nation starts NOW.

Don't do a 10 year multimillion dollar study...just start NOW to convert to every alternative energy source we can, that we have time?

Back