Does anyone believe our Country will "heal"...

Out of my office window, I see tractor-trailers hauling the extremely large columns for wind generators every day. We've got a manufacturer or two here that build(s) them. Implementation is proceeding at a very healthy pace. Is it healthy enough to stave off disaster?

Intuitively... no. And would it IF it were going much faster? I don't think so, again from the hip. Liquid fuels are what they are: portable. If you want a compact but fairly accurate and complete read on the subject, try this one:

www.peakoil.org

Werbung:
It is the opinion of many and the prediction many years ago of many others that this current financial crisis would be the inevitable result of Peak Oil. It wouldn't have mattered who was president at the time... you simply cannot support a growth-based industrial economy if your energy costs rise exponentially out of proportion with production and consumption:

http://www.princeton.edu/hubbert/current-events-08-05.html

And, regardless of energy costs, you certainly cannot maintain a positive industrial production level if energy production declines.

It's said that "The Media" dare not utter the words "Peak Oil" for fear of a panic. If the world were to mitigate the disaster, "they" would have to transition back the way we came towards a more agrarian civilization (read: Little House on the Prairie). It is the opinion of a huge group of environmental scientists that sustainability would ultimately mean a world population of only a billion or less. Imagine reaching that number in less than 30 years time.

I haven't personally even tried to calculate such numbers, only imagined possible scenarios. It's a pretty daunting task to attempt to find the way forward that would be acceptable.

Agrarian civilization sounds pretty stark...now Little House on the Prairie isn't nearly as bad. Can we get that in the city??

T Boon Pickens has an energy plan that says it will get us there. Have you read it and joined? If not, I encourage you to as you are clearly one of the smarter bunch!

Agrarian civilization sounds pretty stark...now Little House on the Prairie isn't nearly as bad. Can we get that in the city??

T Boon Pickens has an energy plan that says it will get us there. Have you read it and joined? If not, I encourage you to as you are clearly one of the smarter bunch!
It's interesting to note that one of T. Boone Pickens' favorite websites is:

www.dieoff.org

You don't even have to click that URL to get a disturbing sensation in the pit of your stomach as to its probable content.

Another one of his favorites is the one I already gave you.

We are heading toward being a banana republic because we are very much in debt, have limited resources, limited manufacturing, a government becoming increasingly corrupt, and ruled by a wealthy clique. We are increasingly seeing a wider class divide: Total income of the wealthiest 1% is almost twice as much as the total income of 50% of the poorest. The attitude of the captains of industry such as Enron and the financial institutions borders on total disdain of the working class.

I hope we can recover from the coming depression, but healing of the political divide won't heal the country. Our problems are far deeper.

Oh, don't worry--it's a worldwide crisis and it's hitting the rich as well as the poor. Actually, The Poor usually end up in far worse shape when The Rich join them--you KNOW things are bad when The Rich can't make any money.

You're probably thinking of money in the wrong terms anyhow... money is simply a medium of exchange and there really can be a striking difference between the value of what I can do for you today and what you can do for me. We all know this regardless of how much or how little we like the reality of it.

Now, for an absolute certainty... if you take cheap energy out of the equation, the maximum of that difference comes a whole lot closer back to earth.

With Obama as President this nation is not worth fighting for . I expect Russia , China, Iran to take advantage of our COWARDLY President . As for me , NO, I would not fight with obama as our "eader"

You will fight to protect your land, if anyone came to try and take it. But I can understand not joining an obama army, I would never let my son join an obama army and I would do anything I could to talk the kids I know in high school from joining an obama army.

No because there are still enough idiots out there with twisted views on running a civilisation! Like U !
Feels good to say that!! mmmm

Nobama? I don't think so. To the minority of no-sayers: YES WE CAN

BYE MCSAME

GO PRES. OBAMA

You will fight to protect your land, if anyone came to try and take it. But I can understand not joining an obama army, I would never let my son join an obama army and I would do anything I could to talk the kids I know in high school from joining an obama army.

Just as I convinced no less than 7 of my relatives not to join GW's army. Now I have 7 relatives who didn't die for a liar.......

Werbung:
Back