Does anyone wonder why Chrysler is failing?

Andy

The latest release....

GEM-Peapod.jpg

Oh yeah, sign me up. I've always wanted a butt ugly car with a Barney-ish smiley face on the front. This looks like something rejected from a Dr.Seuss. Now I have to wonder... did Obama push this rolling crap?

OOOoooo it's electric. Now I really want it.... 0.o

Any other thoughts?

Werbung:
Is this a joke? That can not be a real car, perhaps a childs toy?

If this is the future I should buy up some stuff on the lots now so Ill be able to have a real car and I probably should buy 5 trucks because I dont see them ever making a real truck again if this is what they are calling a car!

Who knows... when the price of oil rises again, they might be in vogue!

2409817500073664377S200x200Q85.jpg

Yes !!!! ... Terrible management meaning they don't know how to appeal to the public ... they have been producing terrible looking cars for years .... I don't know who their designers are but even I can come up with a better looking car(s) than they have .... and as far as that car you are showing ... go to Europe and see what they are driving ... since their gas prices have been out of sight for years they have to drive what they drive so they can get around without it costing them more of a fortune in gas than they are already spending ... that's why you see a lot of mopeds and bikes instead of cars ...

Oh I don't know, I could put it in my purse and not have to worry about a parking space.
I wonder if a good gust of wind makes the car fly if you would get a speeding ticket.

Oh I don't know, I could put it in my purse and not have to worry about a parking space.
I wonder if a good gust of wind makes the car fly if you would get a speeding ticket.

That's smaller than Mr. Bean's car which was picked up and moved once by a few guys with nothing more than their bare hands.

I didn't find that video but here is another funny one in which he buys a few things at the hardware store and then can't fit in his car so he rides on top:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMW3Q7TQars

I thought those little Polski Fiats that I saw in Poland back in 1980 were absolutely hilarious. Polish people are fairly large and those cars were so small, but it was all that some folks could afford. And those were the more well-to-do folks...

Most of the women had REALLY muscular calves from walking everywhere.

The latest release....

GEM-Peapod.jpg

Oh yeah, sign me up. I've always wanted a butt ugly car with a Barney-ish smiley face on the front. This looks like something rejected from a Dr.Seuss. Now I have to wonder... did Obama push this rolling crap?

OOOoooo it's electric. Now I really want it.... 0.o

Any other thoughts?

just a hint for you, Obama never pushed for any car...and if he had, you would not see it for years. he has been in office 100 days, you think they make cars that fast? get a grip , nothing you see come out, has anything to do with Obama...also keep in mind its a world market, not just US, and those cars could sell well in other areas.

Is this a joke? That can not be a real car, perhaps a childs toy?

If this is the future I should buy up some stuff on the lots now so Ill be able to have a real car and I probably should buy 5 trucks because I dont see them ever making a real truck again if this is what they are calling a car!

Chrysler issued a statement that if you rub it on the carpet a few times, it goes really fast.

just a hint for you, Obama never pushed for any car...and if he had, you would not see it for years. he has been in office 100 days, you think they make cars that fast? get a grip , nothing you see come out, has anything to do with Obama...also keep in mind its a world market, not just US, and those cars could sell well in other areas.

I don't know about that. No, it is likely that this car was in development prior to Obama taking office. I'm just wondering if these projects were supported as being "green cars" that Obama has referred too. I'm not claiming he said "go make crap" and within four months, they came up with this. I know better. But that doesn't prove there were not communications between the car company, and the administration over what projects to push to the front, and which to relegate to the back. And you could be right. I see no evidence either way about it. But you can't really deny it's possible since Obama already kicked a CEO out of GM. You can't possibly claim he can request the CEO to step down, and not request they push this "green" clown car.

Beyond that though, it is interesting that the two car companies doing the worst off, and taking the most government bail out, and having the most government control, are also the two car companies coming up with crap right now.

GM has the PUMA, essentially a wheel chair with an electric motor that wouldn't survive hitting a pot hole. And this rolling cartoon car coming from Chrysler.

Now as for selling good elsewhere.... well great. I don't know about Chrysler, but GM's international division are already profitable. We need cars that can be made profitably in our domestic market, not over seas.

Unless you think that they can actually make this car, using expensive domestic labor, and sell it in Korea or Japan where labor is far cheaper? I don't see that happening. There's a reason why generally cars are imported, not exported. We'd really have to cut labor costs to do that.

Werbung:
Who knows... when the price of oil rises again, they might be in vogue!

2409817500073664377S200x200Q85.jpg

And that's entirely possible too. Given Obama's anti-drilling stance, despite saying he's for it.... As long as we keep preventing domestic drilling, we will end up being more and more subject to the prices swings of international oil. And it could spike again.

Back