Does God demand equality?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

My Gnostic Christian God demands equality of all peoples as a part of our Universalists beliefs.

Most religions also preach some form of equality yet also preach homophobia and misogyny. Why are most believers denying equality to the vast majority of those not in their particular religion as well as to many within their own circles?

It seems that Gods do demand equality. Love thy neighbor as yourself, or some other reciprocity rule, are in every major religious tradition. It seems that the religious believe in equality just as little as they believe in their Gods who demand it. What happened to fearing God and doing as he commands?

I cannot see the world solving its problems, be they religious or political, while the vast majority, the religious, deny equality to the other majority who are not of their particular religion. That religious hatred against gays, women and those in other religions must stop. Religious hate of others puts more hate than good into our societies and prevents rapprochement.

We, as individuals, are quite good and altruistic. This is quite apparent if one looks at the statistics of our progress as a people in other moral areas. It is our religions and other social institutions and governments that are evil, not the people, as many governing hierarchies have institutionalized misogyny in their written policies.

Our last great challenge against justice, our hate directed against gays and women must be set aside if the harder challenges we face, if there are any, are to be defeated.

That hate is holding back our rise in being civilized people. I urge all men to look at their mothers, daughters and wives, and wonder why they do not see them as equal or demand that their religious laws make them so.

I urge all women to ask the men in their lives why exactly they continue to promote the hate and inequality of gays and women through their support of homophobic and misogynous policies.

Does your God demand equality and why are you, --- you meaning all religious people, --- not granting it?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I urge all women to ask the men in their lives why exactly they continue to promote the hate and inequality of gays and women through their support of homophobic and misogynous policies.

All homophobia doesn't come from religion. A lot of men simply hate effeminate male behavior for whatever irrational reason, and they falsely link homosexuality to child molestation. In my own experience, it seems homophobia is the product of insecure men and boys who pick on classmates etc.. who are different. In addition, a lot of men simply like to bait gays because it's cruel fun.

In reality, a lot of these men don't go to church at all, so they can't really use their own religion to justify homophobia without being hypocritical. For instance, if some guys go all night drinking and chasing prostitutes, and then decide to make fun of some gays, then that's very hypocritical.

Last edited:
All homophobia doesn't come from religion. A lot of men simply hate effeminate male behavior for whatever irrational reason, and they falsely link homosexuality to child molestation. In my own experience, it seems homophobia is the product of insecure men and boys who pick on classmates etc.. who are different. In addition, a lot of men simply like to bait gays because it's cruel fun.

In reality, a lot of these men don't go to church at all, so they can't really use their own religion to justify homophobia without being hypocritical. For instance, if some guys go all night drinking and chasing prostitutes, and then decide to make fun of some gays, then that's very hypocritical.

Your book promotes homophobia and adds to the problem.

Do you actively support gay marriage and life style?

If not, you are a part of the problem.

Regards
DL

My Gnostic Christian God demands equality of all peoples as a part of our Universalists beliefs.

Most religions also preach some form of equality yet also preach homophobia and misogyny. Why are most believers denying equality to the vast majority of those not in their particular religion as well as to many within their own circles?

It seems that Gods do demand equality. Love thy neighbor as yourself, or some other reciprocity rule, are in every major religious tradition. It seems that the religious believe in equality just as little as they believe in their Gods who demand it. What happened to fearing God and doing as he commands?

I cannot see the world solving its problems, be they religious or political, while the vast majority, the religious, deny equality to the other majority who are not of their particular religion. That religious hatred against gays, women and those in other religions must stop. Religious hate of others puts more hate than good into our societies and prevents rapprochement.

We, as individuals, are quite good and altruistic. This is quite apparent if one looks at the statistics of our progress as a people in other moral areas. It is our religions and other social institutions and governments that are evil, not the people, as many governing hierarchies have institutionalized misogyny in their written policies.

Our last great challenge against justice, our hate directed against gays and women must be set aside if the harder challenges we face, if there are any, are to be defeated.

That hate is holding back our rise in being civilized people. I urge all men to look at their mothers, daughters and wives, and wonder why they do not see them as equal or demand that their religious laws make them so.

Does your God demand equality and why are you, --- you meaning all religious people, --- not granting it?

Regards
DL

People are different and not equal. I don't need God to tell me this

Bible says that God is no respect of persons. If someone wants to send in the eyes of God, that's their choice. It's not my job or my choice as a Christian to judge. God is the judge. If people that choose to live outside of what he says do so, there is nothing a Christian can do to convince someone otherwise. Even Jesus do this. He told his disciples to preach, and if they didn't want to listen to what they said, Jesus told them to kick the dust off their feet and move on.

I think the main problem in this debate is that although God says that, it's not happening to Christians. Christianity has been around for 2000 years, but people that don't believe in God are doing their best to legislate and oppose people that do. Just because some crazy nut balls burn down abortion clinics or scream hateful things, doesn't mean that all Christians do that or feel that way. In fact, the majority of Christians don't like people who do those things. But people that don't believe in God can't seem to understand that.

I've never heard of Gnostic Christians. You have me intrigued, though. I'll have to look it up

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. We Gnostic Christians lost the God wars and much that is written is from the victors and they have distorted much. I will not guide your research but I will recommend Elaine Pagels, author and scholar as a good starting point. Her book, Adam, Eve and the serpent are quite an eye opener.

Regards
DL

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. We Gnostic Christians lost the God wars and much that is written is from the victors and they have distorted much. I will not guide your research but I will recommend Elaine Pagels, author and scholar as a good starting point. Her book, Adam, Eve and the serpent are quite an eye opener.

Regards
DL
The victors are the ones who write the history books. Of course they are going to distort it. I'll look her up. Thank you for the tip!

The victors are the ones who write the history books. Of course they are going to distort it. I'll look her up. Thank you for the tip!

You woke the beast. LOL.

The preacher beast in me that is.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

I really like the "I am" concept. Everything I've read is a lot more intriguing than I expected. Have you found god?

Werbung:
if there was a god, and they wanted equality...it would not be very hard...
1. just make it happen, your a god
2. Say it directly, don't beat around the Bush
3. stop being a local god, you have a whole world of people, yet most Gods seem to just focus on one area for a short time, then disappear...

Back