Does God protect anyone?

Jason76

This following quote is from another forum:

We're as much in God's hands as the citizens of Hiroshima.

Some say prayers keep the faithful from the fate of massive tragedy. Other people say God is busy protecting all people because he loves mankind. Other people say God doesn't protect anyone. Finally, athiests contend God ignores mankind cause he doesn't exist to begin with.

Werbung:
God does what he can to incline your heart to do the right thing. But people still chose what they do.
If it's protection you want you'll just have to take your chances with the mob.

In God's hands? - he should be careful how he handles us then.
If it's protection you want you'll just have to take your chances with the mob.
I agree with that!

God does little in the way of our lives; especially in mine if that is the case. I see it like this:

In this world we make ourselves, we work, speak, act and do as we please - God has little say, after all we are human and have evolved this way. If, God want to play a more active role in the world, I suggest He steps up to the plate and takes care of his creation unless it no longer matters.
I have nothing against religion, actually I am an Administrator on a Christian Forums in a Technical Support role but I don't see any of His doings - I'm not going to lie.

P.S. @Jason76, what forum was it - PM me if you wish not to disclose it on the open forums.

In God's hands? - he should be careful how he handles us then.

I agree with that!

God does little in the way of our lives; especially in mine if that is the case. I see it like this:

In this world we make ourselves, we work, speak, act and do as we please - God has little say, after all we are human and have evolved this way. If, God want to play a more active role in the world, I suggest He steps up to the plate and takes care of his creation unless it no longer matters.
I have nothing against religion, actually I am an Administrator on a Christian Forums in a Technical Support role but I don't see any of His doings - I'm not going to lie.

P.S. @Jason76, what forum was it - PM me if you wish not to disclose it on the open forums.
God could have absolute say but chooses not to. He does not want slaves.

God can't save everyone because some people need to fall to learn. If you do believe in Karma, and the rewards and consequences of prior acts, then it can make sense why some people aren't saved. They are atoning for their past actions.

God can't save everyone because some people need to fall to learn. If you do believe in Karma, and the rewards and consequences of prior acts, then it can make sense why some people aren't saved. They are atoning for their past actions.

tell that to the kid being raped and murders...well don't worry Karma will get them...

God could stop kids from being raped but he finds that stopping you would be wrong.....some god

That comment was a bit below the belt.

Anyhow, some people have noted that one person's idea of evil differs from another person's idea. However, some things, like child rape, obviously tend be viewed negative by nearly everyone.

War, on the other hand, is debateable. For instance, Hiroshima is viewed as a tragedy by the Japanese, humanitarians, some extreme leftists, and liberals. However, some conservatives, as well as the large anti-Japan crowd in Asia, could care less, as heartless as that sounds.

Finally, even if some God has a definite standard of what evil is, in order to stop evil, he/she would have to stop evil everywhere. As one commenter on this thread noted, it would reduce people to slavery.

Last edited:
Werbung:
That comment was a bit below the belt.

Anyhow, some people have noted that one person's idea of evil differs from another person's idea. However, some things, like child rape, obviously tend be viewed negative by nearly everyone.

War, on the other hand, is debateable. For instance, Hiroshima is viewed as a tragedy by the Japanese, humanitarians, some extreme leftists, and liberals. However, some conservatives, as well as the large anti-Japan crowd in Asia, could care less, as heartless as that sounds.

Finally, even if some God has a definite standard of what evil is, in order to stop evil, he/she would have to stop evil everywhere. As one commenter on this thread noted, it would reduce people to slavery.

How is that below the belt? Its a simple fact that If there was a god, god chooses to let children be raped...and does nothing about it. But to stop that would be slavery? what kind of god can't figure out how to stop child rape and not make you a slave at the same time? Must be hard to accept that God does not care enough to stop it...or just does not exist so must make up excuses to justify it right?

People like to say their is not atheist in a fox hole...sure there is...and pray all you want even if there was a God, he could care less if that artillery shell blows your body into a million pieces....At best your an ant farm that he gave some rules to

Back