Does God protect anyone?

Well that is a pretty loaded question for a pretty dull Monday morning, but I guess it is something that is always worth asking. I am not the most religious person that there is out there, but I know that I might return to it more later in life.

Werbung:
When I think about God as a protector, I want someone who will shield me from the hardships of life. I want him to protect me and my family from disease and things like cancer, I want him to protect my car when I travel, I want him to protect my wife at all times and the list could go on. It’s tempting to read the verses in the Bible of God as a protector with a kind of absolute interpretation—applying these verses to myself directly as true for all times and places. If I read about God as a shield, I want him to be a shield in all situations.

But does God protect us in every situation? In one sense, we’ll never know how many times God actually protected us. However, in a world with free will to make our own choices, we can’t get around the fact that hardships await us— Jesus promised us as much. However, he has a perfect will for us and that includes different kinds of protection.

Werbung:
This following quote is from another forum:

Some say prayers keep the faithful from the fate of massive tragedy. Other people say God is busy protecting all people because he loves mankind. Other people say God doesn't protect anyone. Finally, athiests contend God ignores mankind cause he doesn't exist to begin with.

Any God worthy of that title would be a servant to man and would not expect or need for mankind to serve him. That is the moral thing to do.

If God is not here working for and serving us, then that is a good moral argument for his non-existence.

Regards
DL

Back