Does human life begin at conception?

Is abortion killing?
I'm not talking about murder which is a legal concept.
Does abortion result in death?
I don't see how any rational thinker could not reach the conclusion that abortion is not death.
Because abortion results in the death of an innocent person and that person has no say in the decision, the pro-choice argument seems very thin.
Either a "fetus" is alive or it is not.
If it is alive, abortion is killing regardless of what the law says.
Pro-choice is Pro-death.

Werbung:
While its still tied in to the same subject, I think the pro choice argument us for a whe different thread and debate. The OP was asking if people thought human life began at conception, then obviously it's gone on to discuss abortion.

To end a comment with pro-choice is pro-death, is going to open up a whole different can of worms altogether.

pwarbi,
Full Definition of LIFE
a : the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body

b : a principle or force that is considered to underlie the distinctive quality of animate beings

c : an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction
a : the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make up the existence of an individual

b : one or more aspects of the process of living <sex life of the frog

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/life

Based on this definition which includes several aspects of the life experience, life MUST begin at conception.
#1C above would include a newly fertilized egg.

But that's an argument about abortion and life, not about the right a person has to choose.

Each case is going to 've different, I dint see how you, me, or anybody has the right to sit and judge what another person does. People are always ready to jump in with their opinions when they don't know the facts.

That's why I'm saying that it's a different argument from what the original post is asking.

And by the way, anybody from both sides of an argument can copy and paste a dictionary definition of a word to back up their claims.

Life is in the DNA.
We are all born with it and no human life exists without DNA.
Our DNA is permanently fixed very soon after the sperm enters the egg.
One strand of the sperm's DNA detaches and the same thing happens to the egg. When these 2 detached strands unite our DNA is fixed for life.
This is the moment at which life begins and is the exact moment when the individual begins to exist.

The spark of life begins when the fertilized egg implants itself into the lining of the uterus and starts cell division. About three days after conception.

I always find it tragic when women are ignorant of the facts of developmental biology. First there is no such thing as a fertilized egg....once fertilization is complete, the egg no longer exists...and division and development is well underway by the time the child reaches the uterus.

For me life begins when a heart beat is detected. Yes, there could also be an arqument that it starts with brain activity as well, which is also a good argment in itself. When it come to fertilization for me this is the promise of life but its not actually the beginning. Anything can happen during those first few month including rejection of the fetus in general. So, for me no life doesn't begin at fertilization the promise of life does.

So according to you, single celled organisms are not alive? There are a great many cell biologists who would argue with you...You tend to begin your statements with something like "for me". Does that indicate that you live in a fantasy world where things are only as you believe they are? Do you accept any facts or must you "believe" in everything you hold true?

Can you support that opinion?

It is only after cell function ends that you are irretrievably gone. A body can function without mind and still be alive and consuming resources for a very long time....as I said pronouncing death is an arbitrary legal necessity....in cases of brain death amounts to withholding resources till cell function ceases.

To me 'life' is when a body is able to function by itself without the aid of another. While a fetus is developing, the mother is keeping the fetus alive. Without the mother the fetus would not be able to live, therefore, if it cannot live, it's life hasn't begun.

Conception is when cells merge and a possibility if a new life can begin. Many women may have conceived and the the cells naturally did not survive and they may not have even known. Was that a life that was naturally expelled from the uterus?

To me 'life' is when a body is able to function by itself without the aid of another. While a fetus is developing, the mother is keeping the fetus alive. Without the mother the fetus would not be able to live, therefore, if it cannot live, it's life hasn't begun.

What anything is "to you" is irrelevant....words have meanings and scientific findings are what they are. The fact that you use faulty, or even made up definitions in an attempt to justify your position says all that need be said about you.....and your position...and all those that hold your position with you.

Conception is when cells merge and a possibility if a new life can begin. Many women may have conceived and the the cells naturally did not survive and they may not have even known. Was that a life that was naturally expelled from the uterus?

So you are telling me that you were not alive prior to the time you were born...all that growth and development was not done by a living organism?.....you just sprang into existence once you were on the outside? Your logic is so flawed that you may as well be invoking magic.

Not all eggs hatch still a chicken in there.

Werbung:
Not all eggs hatch still a chicken in there.

The convoluted flawed logic that they use in an attempt to defend an indefensible position would be hilarious if it weren't so f'ing tragic.

And you will never hear them simply state that they want what they want because only a sociopath would actually admit to wanting what they want out in the open and they certainly don't want to admit to being sociopaths. Really, who except a sociopath could admit to believing that it is fine to kill one human being in order to make another human being's life more convenient.....but that is what they want....no doubt.

Back