Does Obama know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?

I will gladly go on to other Obama subjects. I believe I was actually the one who ask that you take this back on track.:)

But I do want to end on a response to what you said about "understanding". I understand well. My oldest daughter had a late term miscarriage. My younger daughter's best friend just recently had a baby born still-born.

And I've sat in the waiting room with female friends that have had abortions. I've watched the crazies run up to the car with their anti-abortion signs screaming out their threats and personal religious beliefs.

Oh, I've seen all sides alright. But at the end of the day I know women that are absolutely positively sure that they did what they had to do and would have done it either way... legal as a safe medical procedure... or something I don't even want to think about more risky.

It's America. People have different views and I can respect that. But I lose respect in any argument that includes... You must be legally forced to use your own personal body against your will.

Let's leave it at that.... and agree to disagree.

We have a Planned Parenthood clinic in Centralia, the only one in Lewis Co. From what I understand, they don't even perform abortions in this clinic, but that doesn't stop the idiot pro lifers.

About once a month, a woman comes into town, packing her young children and all, and sets up camp on the corner that the clinic is located. She then proceeds to put up these giant pictures of aborted fetuses and hassle anybody walking on the sidewalk or trying to get into the clinic. Like many active anti abortionists, she's a real pain in the ass, but apparently she's breaking no law.

You just have to wonder what kind of mindset it takes to go about, as your primary mission in life, getting into other people's personal business. Still despite the crazies, women, thankfully, have reproductive freedom in this country. Let it always be that way.

Werbung:
We have a Planned Parenthood clinic in Centralia, the only one in Lewis Co. From what I understand, they don't even perform abortions in this clinic, but that doesn't stop the idiot pro lifers.

About once a month, a woman comes into town, packing her young children and all, and sets up camp on the corner that the clinic is located. She then proceeds to put up these giant pictures of aborted fetuses and hassle anybody walking on the sidewalk or trying to get into the clinic. Like many active anti abortionists, she's a real pain in the ass, but apparently she's breaking no law.

You just have to wonder what kind of mindset it takes to go about, as your primary mission in life, getting into other people's personal business. Still despite the crazies, women, thankfully, have reproductive freedom in this country. Let it always be that way.

It's the Reverend Hagee, Ron Parsley militant evangelist mindset that some people buy into. I've personally watched those lunatics chase women into the clinics. Here where I live the clinics actually have 6 to 8 bodyguards on duty that will come out to the car and shield these poor women from the lunatic fringe abuse and give them some sense of being safe.

I will say the protesting has slowed quite at bit as I think they over time see they are not changing any minds. I mean come on... abortion has been legal in America for over 35 years.

This is America. No one is forcing anyone to have any procedure done to their own personal body. Don't like abortion... that's great... be sure not to have one.

Who is the neo cons? I hear that a whole lot, but every time I hear it everyone is a neo con.

Reagan a neo con
bush a new con
mccain a neo con

what republicans are not neo cons?

neo lib is a new word for me Who is neo lib and why is Obama only a lib in your book but hillary is a neo lib?

is neo con bad or good? is neo lib better than a lib?

In the usage of the low-brow ignorant left rabble, "neocon" means anything they don't like.

Here's the correct explanation, given by Rich Lowry, editor of NR:

Historically, 30 years ago it meant a former liberal who became a conservative. The cliche was because "they were mugged by reality," but it was because they saw the empirical failures of liberal welfare, state and foreign policies, and they were therefore less ideological than other conservatives and brought much more of a social science background to their argumentation.

They were associated with Irving Kristol's journal, the Public Interest, that had a lot of social-science pieces poking empirical holes in liberal theory. These people were former liberals, former Democrats, and in some cases former communists, but gradually over 30 years they really merged into the conservative mainstream, and the difference was very difficult to tell.
In fact, one of the foremost neoconservatives, Norman Podhoretz, wrote an obituary for this distinction several years ago because it just seemed to no longer matter. We've seen the rise of it again, first of all, with John McCain's candidacy in 2000, where the segment of conservatives that supported Sen. McCain tended to have more neo-kind of tendencies and tended to sort of self-consciously describe themselves as "neoconservatives," foremost among them Bill Kristol and David Brooks.

Neoconservatives are less skeptical of government than other conservatives. They are less worried about reducing the size of government, less enthusiastic about tax cuts, more concerned about forging national crusades that can tap either the American public's patriotism or its desire for reform. You saw this in McCain with his campaign finance proposal and a little bit in his foreign policy.

And with the war on terror, you saw neoconservatives emerging as a distinct tendency within conservatism, mostly on foreign policy; its hallmarks being extreme interventionism, extremely idealistic foreign policy, and emphasis on democracy building and spreading human rights and freedom and an overestimation, in my view, of how easy it is to spread democracy and liberty to spots in the world where it doesn't exist currently.

OH yuck! I am NOT a neo con. No wonder I can not stand McCains freaking guts.

I wish neo cons would just go back and be democrats, fix their own stupid party instead of warping the republican party.

thanks for the info

But you are probably right the term is used by the left for any one they dont like.

OH yuck! I am NOT a neo con. No wonder I can not stand McCains freaking guts.

I wish neo cons would just go back and be democrats, fix their own stupid party instead of warping the republican party.

thanks for the info

But you are probably right the term is used by the left for any one they dont like.

hey dont send those crack heads to the Dems...not like the Dems want to need them. Send them off to Iraq with big American Flags on them ....but not in the Green zone.

hey dont send those crack heads to the Dems...not like the Dems want to need them. Send them off to Iraq with big American Flags on them ....but not in the Green zone.

Did you read the post before mine? It said they came from the Dems in the first place, if that is true then send them back.

They have to go someplace. Or we have to start a new party for the real republicans who want more business, small government, low taxes and moral values.

Werbung:
Does Obama know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?
Here is his speech given on Memorial Day. One very small quote where he eludes to the meaning of Memorial Day, then shoots that in to foot by saying he sees many of the “fallen” out in the audience.

Obama: On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

The rest of the speech has nothing to do with Memorial Day or the fallen or the reason the day exists. It’s just a Q and A political speech aimed at vets. I personally think he confused veterans day and memorial day.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/05/020607.php

Welp,

Tomorrow is Veterans Day and let’s hope he gets it right this time! I don’t want to have a whole book of obamaisms before he even swears himself in. The world is watching and I don’t want them to find out what an idiot he is.

Back