Does the Pope Have to Prove That He Has Testicles?

Werbung:
I have heard that Pope Joan wasn't the only woman who got the job, but as we know the Catholic church is pretty much hysterical about women being in positions of power so it only makes sense that they'd do something extreme like this to protect their male turf.

I'm just curious if the still do it, but of course no Catholic will know or be willing to say.

Could that chair be employed to help settle this question?

The problem is that male and female are end points on a continuum with every gradation inbetween. Intersexed people are usually the ones who have visibly mixed sex organs, but the insides of people are far more complex and prone to many more subtle kinds of intersexed conditions. The brain is especially complex and can be intersexed or sexed differently than the body. People don't like this because we are so deeply embedded in the gender binary that if we can't tell if a person is male or female it makes us uncomfortable.

Once it was discovered that the XX and XY chromosomes were not a reliable indicator of gender, once we found out that there are 9 chromosome patterns found in humans and that none of them is an absolute predictor of gender we were at a loss as to how to gender-type people. Mostly scientists are using 8 markers and assigning a "probability" of gender.

I have an intersex condition that is not visible to look at me, but I have testosterone receptors in my body (though I never had normal levels of male hormones) but it took me nearly 20 years to go through puberty. On the other hand I have estrogen receptors in my brain and I suffer depression and hopelessness when my brain is flooded with testosterone as it was when I began puberty. Once I had sexual reassignment surgery and my body no longer produced testosterone I am much happier and more functional than before.

The problem is that male and female are end points on a continuum with every gradation inbetween. Intersexed people are usually the ones who have visibly mixed sex organs, but the insides of people are far more complex and prone to many more subtle kinds of intersexed conditions. The brain is especially complex and can be intersexed or sexed differently than the body. People don't like this because we are so deeply embedded in the gender binary that if we can't tell if a person is male or female it makes us uncomfortable.

Once it was discovered that the XX and XY chromosomes were not a reliable indicator of gender, once we found out that there are 9 chromosome patterns found in humans and that none of them is an absolute predictor of gender we were at a loss as to how to gender-type people. Mostly scientists are using 8 markers and assigning a "probability" of gender.

I have an intersex condition that is not visible to look at me, but I have testosterone receptors in my body (though I never had normal levels of male hormones) but it took me nearly 20 years to go through puberty. On the other hand I have estrogen receptors in my brain and I suffer depression and hopelessness when my brain is flooded with testosterone as it was when I began puberty. Once I had sexual reassignment surgery and my body no longer produced testosterone I am much happier and more functional than before.

Wow. There's the voice of experience talking. I was just trying to make a little joke of the "testicle chair."

It must be difficult to adjust as an adolescent. Even adolescents with no mixing of genders at all have difficulty.

According to this website, the Pope used to have to prove that he had testicles before he could be confirmed as Pontif. Is this still the case? Who gets the job of checking these days? There must be a faithful Catholic out there with information on this.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican39.htm

Now that is a 'JOB DESCRIPTION' that rates right up there with 'BUTT CRACK CHECKER' for the Sumo Wrestlers (sp)...:eek:

OMG how unfortunate for the people that have no other skills/family positions to pass onto their unsuspecting children!!!

Wow. There's the voice of experience talking. I was just trying to make a little joke of the "testicle chair."

It must be difficult to adjust as an adolescent. Even adolescents with no mixing of genders at all have difficulty.

The terms "painful" and "confusion" don't begin to cover puberty as a transsexual and that's one reason why we need to have more education on the subject. I never even discovered that transsexuals existed until I was nearly 30 and never met one until I was in my 40's. What amazes me is that the American Medical Association has been successfully treating this birth defect for 40 years now and the information still hasn't made its way into the public's knowledge base.

Now that is a 'JOB DESCRIPTION' that rates right up there with 'BUTT CRACK CHECKER' for the Sumo Wrestlers (sp)...:eek:

OMG how unfortunate for the people that have no other skills/family positions to pass onto their unsuspecting children!!!

Yeah, another great job would be the person at the zoo who has to give elephants their suppositories for constipation. I saw a picture of this process once and I give thanks every day that I work in construction.

Originally Posted by ASPCA4EVER Now that is a 'JOB DESCRIPTION' that rates right up there with 'BUTT CRACK CHECKER' for the Sumo Wrestlers (sp)...:eek:

Yeah, another great job would be the person at the zoo who has to give elephants their suppositories for constipation. I saw a picture of this process once and I give thanks every day that I work in construction.

Maybe these examples should be called into that poor guy that does that TV show 'Dirtiest Jobs'...LMAO He's asking for suggestions every time he's on :D

As a Director of a human services agency I always said that I would never insist that my employees do a job I would not be willing to do myself.

One time one of our human clients needed suppositories for a few weeks and someone needed to teach him how to put them in. I took the first crack at it. I think I might prefer elephants.

Werbung:
As a Director of a human services agency I always said that I would never insist that my employees do a job I would not be willing to do myself.

One time one of our human clients needed suppositories for a few weeks and someone needed to teach him how to put them in. I took the first crack at it. I think I might prefer elephants.

A double entendre and a play on words, good for you!

Back