Donald Trump fires himself from debate-hosting duty

steveox

After most of the 2012 Republican presidential candidates refused to attend a Newsmax-sponsored debate moderated by businessman/reality TV impresario Donald Trump, the Donald himself announced Wednesday that he would step aside from his role in the event.
"I have decided not to be the moderator of the Newsmax debate," Trump said, according to Fox News.

Since Newsmax announced that Trump would moderate the Dec. 27th debate in Iowa earlier this month, the conservative magazine has struggled to convince candidates to show up. A spokesman for Texas Rep. Ron Paul said that the circus-like atmosphere of the event was "beneath the office of the Presidency" and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman's spokesman said he was looking "forward to watching Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich suck up to Trump with a big bowl of popcorn." Even Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, who has met with Trump on several occasions, declined. In the end, only two candidates, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, accepted the invitation to join.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/donald-trump-fires-himself-debate-hosting-duty-192619607.html

GIMMIE THAT JOB!!! Ill keep those reporters in line..Especialy ill keep Brian Williams in line. If he asks one liberal question ill send his ass to the showers. Just like a real Major League umpire does.

Werbung:
I'll do it, no problem.
There is no way I'm ever going to run. You couldn't run fast enough to give me the job of POTUS. I'm not sure just why anyone wants it.
Now, if Trump does run as a third party candidate, there is no way he could win, but would he get enough votes to affect the outcome of the election?

There was nothing to gain for the major candidates to participate in such a debate.

Werbung:
Back