Dow Jones avg down 437 today, Aug. 10

Little-Acorn

I've been scolded for not commenting daily on the Stock Market, so here goes.

The Dow opened slightly lower than yesterday's close, then immediately fell like a stone by -350 points. It bounced around, then rose briefly till it was only -200 points down. Then fell again, and now sits at -437 below yesterday's close, wiping out all of yesterday's last-minute gains and more.

It's only been open for less than two hours, though, with a (very long) day to go.

Werbung:
I've been scolded for not commenting daily on the Stock Market, so here goes.

The Dow opened slightly lower than yesterday's close, then immediately fell like a stone by -350 points. It bounced around, then rose briefly till it was only -200 points down. Then fell again, and now sits at -437 below yesterday's close, wiping out all of yesterday's last-minute gains and more.

It's only been open for less than two hours, though, with a (very long) day to go.

No worries Little A. Obama is on the case. He is going to fix everything...

As I understand it, his plan is MORE deficit spending to shower his base with funny money. And, of course he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy...you know that class warfare really sells with his base... that should fix it.:rolleyes:

When the president's response to an unprecedented credit downgrade is to say its not real it really doesn't get more out of touch with reality.

If the credit downgrade is the problem, why are investors buying T bills instead of investing in the stock market?

If the credit downgrade is the problem, why are investors buying T bills instead of investing in the stock market?

I don't think the credit downgrade is really the underlying problem. Structurally we seem have a systemic debt crisis that consuming Europe and ultimately consuming us as well.

The fundamentals of the economy are horrible, and the downgrade is just another item on top of an already large pile of bad economic news.

I don't think the credit downgrade is really the underlying problem. Structurally we seem have a systemic debt crisis that consuming Europe and ultimately consuming us as well.

The fundamentals of the economy are horrible, and the downgrade is just another item on top of an already large pile of bad economic news.

We SEEM to a systematic debt crisis...SEEM to...REALLY???

What gave you that idea????

You make light of a HUGE problem, which many on the Left have no intention of working to solve.

We SEEM to a systematic debt crisis...SEEM to...REALLY???

What gave you that idea????

You make light of a HUGE problem, which many on the Left have no intention of working to solve.

I haven't seen anyone on the left or the right doing anything substantial to solve the debt crisis. Perhaps after the election, they will.

I haven't seen anyone on the left or the right doing anything substantial to solve the debt crisis. Perhaps after the election, they will.

This AGAIN proves you are clueless.

Have you ever heard of Congressman Paul Ryan? Did you pay attention to BO's own debt commission? Did you miss Bush's effort to reform Social Security? Are you aware that many in the Tea Party are working diligently to reduce government spending and balance the budget? Did you know many experts have offered plans to return the nation to solvency.

Of course not. You are busy enjoying all those wonderful colors swirling around in your head.

Put the joint down and pay attention....for once.

Werbung:
This AGAIN proves you are clueless.

Have you ever heard of Congressman Paul Ryan? Did you pay attention to BO's own debt commission? Did you miss Bush's effort to reform Social Security? Are you aware that many in the Tea Party are working diligently to reduce government spending and balance the budget? Did you know many experts have offered plans to return the nation to solvency.

Of course not. You are busy enjoying all those wonderful colors swirling around in your head.

Put the joint down and pay attention....for once.

Oh, my bad. I meant to say something practical, that would actually work.

Of course, there have been partisan shooting matches with totally unrealistic ideas being expressed by both sides.

Back