Drivers now being fined... for idling their engines

Little-Acorn

Once again, be careful about what jokes you tell about liberal climate whackos. It won't be long before they are DOING what you joked about... and in all seriousness!

Remember the Super Bowl commercial about a farcical environmental "Green Police" force, busting people for putting orange rinds in the wrong place, asking for plastic instead of paper, etc.? It was hilarious, and became one of the most enjoyed commercials in a game noteworthy for its well-done, humorous ads.

Someone in England apparently decided it was an instruction manual instead of a joke. And being in the government, he actually had the power to DO it... and did!

Coming soon to a national Congress near you! If you keep voting for whacko extremists like the ones in there now.

---------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-fine-leaving-engine-running-parked.html

Drivers face fine for leaving engines running while parked... because it harms environment

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:18 PM on 02nd March 2010

Drivers who leave their car engines running while their car is parked face being fined as part of a new town hall initiative.

North Lincolnshire Council will issue £20 tickets to ‘irresponsible drivers who are not considering the environment’. They say it will help reduce carbon dioxide emissions and tackle climate change.

Other councils across Britain are also considering introducing similar laws after being set air quality targets by ministers in Whitehall.

Werbung:
But what is wrong with switching your engine off rather than leave it idling?

It uses less fuel and causes less polution which is a good thing whatever your views on climate change

Unless you are a mad neocon (apologies for the tautology)

(The usual leftist smears and namecalling deleted)

But what is wrong with switching your engine off rather than leave it idling?

It uses less fuel and causes less polution which is a good thing whatever your views on climate change

And the studies that show that idling engines, using barely any fuel, are such a significant source of pollution that the govt has to get involved are... where? :rolleyes:

Depends how long they are idling for.

Eventually an idling engine will burn all the fuel in the tank.

And that unfortrunately means that another Muslim will be murdered by the US to steal some more oil to keep fat lazy dickheads leaving cars idling and wasting fuel.

And that unfortrunately means that another Muslim will be murdered by the US to steal some more oil to keep fat lazy dickheads leaving cars idling and wasting fuel.

Prove any oil was stolen, or was planned to be stolen?

Now, speaking of dickheads, do you also object to OTR truck drivers leaving their engines idling in the wintertime, or in the heat of the summer, to keep warm, or cool?

Let's imagine for a moment that you could afford a Rolex and when you were wearing it someone approached you pointing a gun at you and demanding that you sell your Rolex to him for $10.

Would you call that stealing?

Let's imagine for a moment that you could afford a Rolex and when you were wearing it someone approached you pointing a gun at you and demanding that you sell your Rolex to him for $10.

Sorry Trapper, rat has no proof...

20 Things you'll never hear a Conspiracy Theorist say

19) "Maybe I should look further by studying the science and not just reading what fellow conspiracy theorists tell me."

I was posing a hypothetical question.

I suppose you will demand that I prove that even though it is staring every rational person in the face

I know you guys are intellectually challenged but this one takes the cake.

I asked you a hypothetical question.

How is that in any subject to proof??

It just shows that you squeal 'prove it' as a knee jerk reaction despite having no basis for the half wittery you tout.

I notice that when someoine says something ridiculous like 'god exists' you don't demand proof.

Once again, be careful about what jokes you tell about liberal climate whackos. It won't be long before they are DOING what you joked about... and in all seriousness!

Remember the Super Bowl commercial about a farcical environmental "Green Police" force, busting people for putting orange rinds in the wrong place, asking for plastic instead of paper, etc.? It was hilarious, and became one of the most enjoyed commercials in a game noteworthy for its well-done, humorous ads.

Someone in England apparently decided it was an instruction manual instead of a joke. And being in the government, he actually had the power to DO it... and did!

Coming soon to a national Congress near you! If you keep voting for whacko extremists like the ones in there now.

---------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-fine-leaving-engine-running-parked.html

Drivers face fine for leaving engines running while parked... because it harms environment

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:18 PM on 02nd March 2010

Drivers who leave their car engines running while their car is parked face being fined as part of a new town hall initiative.

North Lincolnshire Council will issue £20 tickets to ‘irresponsible drivers who are not considering the environment’. They say it will help reduce carbon dioxide emissions and tackle climate change.

Other councils across Britain are also considering introducing similar laws after being set air quality targets by ministers in Whitehall.
Interesting...wonder why they consider this a bad thing:confused:

Considering the cold climate regions and the ill affects that a cold start and driving away would do to the engines this seems a ill conceived plan and a foolish waste of patrol officers time! I would probably be receiving many a ticket!

First you said this:

Then you said this:

Now you want to say it was a hypothetical when proof is demanded of you?

You are delusional.

Werbung:
Back