Drowned polar bears?

I guess that means the the polar ice cap must be the same then and not really melting...More of the same ...look we got one guy...thus we can throw out all the science...

most of you I bet don't even know that all that hopla about the Emails...and turned out really was nothing to most of what was said...but man you thought you had the holy grail.

Global warming is a myth but a super powered person created us all and guide everything...that we can belive with no proof of course.

Werbung:
I guess that means the the polar ice cap must be the same then and not really melting...More of the same ...look we got one guy...thus we can throw out all the science...

most of you I bet don't even know that all that hopla about the Emails...and turned out really was nothing to most of what was said...but man you thought you had the holy grail.

Global warming is a myth but a super powered person created us all and guide everything...that we can belive with no proof of course.

I would not say global warming is a myth as much as a religion of the left.

Climate change though is very real

and every major study says....Man influenced....UN, Bush White house Study...countless more...but of course...who cares...can't hurt profits got to drive gas sucking cars and drill in Mt Rushmore if we find oil.

and every major study says....Man influenced....UN, Bush White house Study...countless more...but of course...who cares...can't hurt profits got to drive gas sucking cars and drill in Mt Rushmore if we find oil.

To some degree man is influencing the climate change, that is reasonable. Is man the CAUSE of it, no way the climate is going to heat and cool even if every human being was shot in the head

Please make a connect-the-dots for me. I admit to being a liberal progressive, probably even far left, but short of the insane fringe.

Why do you say there is a religion of global warming? I find that an unusual comment in the first place, but especially so when you follow with the comment that climate change is real.

Most on the left would specify to you that global warming is the wrong term. The better term is climate change. This fits in pretty well with what you have written. So.... why do you believe there is a religious aspect to believing the facts?

To some degree man is influencing the climate change, that is reasonable. Is man the CAUSE of it, no way the climate is going to heat and cool even if every human being was shot in the head

of course not, I mean why would one think that billions of pounds of pollution and CO2 pumped into the air would have much effect..thats like thinking if you keep throwing gallons of oil in the drinking water one day the water may not be good to drink..its just silly.

of course not, I mean why would one think that billions of pounds of pollution and CO2 pumped into the air would have much effect..thats like thinking if you keep throwing gallons of oil in the drinking water one day the water may not be good to drink..its just silly.

I don't think its the same

we have seen what happens when tons of oil goes in the ocean, stuff dies
and as the CO2 increases we still have people increasing and doing ok

Sure! All you have to do is look at Texas, and the whole of the US this Summer. . .and you'll absolutey know that people talking about climate change have been lying!

Are you saying that texas and the summer were hot so there must be AGW. IF that were true then one could just point to a cold time and place to dispute what you say. Short of measuring the entire planets temp we just can't know - and so far there have been NO measurements of the entire planets temp. The sampling that has been done is woefully inadequate and even biased.

You can say that "someone on the left lied about global warming" or you can say that "someone on the right is playing dirty games so that they can obtain more drilling permit in the already delicate balance of the north pole and Alaska!"

People say both but until we have good science on the subject who is to know? What we do know so far is that we do not have good science on the subject so we need to take any measures other than to get good science.

Climate-Change Symbol
Average temperatures in parts of the Arctic have warmed at 10 times the global average, leading to “major reductions in summer sea ice,” according to the Fish and Wildlife Service’s decision. Less ice “may result in increases in bear mortality associated with swimming when there is little sea ice to buffer wave action.”

Who cares about average temperatures in ONE PART of ONE PART of the world? That just means that heat moves around the world - well we knew that.

The designation became a symbol of the effects of climate change. “It caught public attention because it was the first sighting of drowned polar bears in open water,” Ruch said in an interview. “The bears were witnessed by other people. There are contemporaneous notes and there are photos, so we’re mystified as to what’s going on.” The state of Alaska filed a lawsuit claiming the polar-bear decision would limit resource development and the economy.

The guys boss suspended him and probably for good reason. His lawyer brought a counter suit. Time will tell.

Climate changes have been very mild for hundreds of years. . .but it has dramatically changed in the the last 10 years, and even more in the last 2 years.

Um, sorry you are incorrect. climate change has been going on for hundreds of years - even thousands of thousands. A hundred years is such a small amount of time that talking about a hundred years and thinking it is meaningful is like looking at your watch and supposing that a mountain has eroded. And in fact there has been NO warming trend in the not so credible measurements for 11 or 12 years now.

Climate measurements are like stock market measurements - they go up and they go down but you just can't predict what is going to happen based on them.

The icebergs are melting at a rate that is much faster than it has ever been recorded before, and much faster than it was even predicted 10 years ago.

I don't know if they are still melting now but an isolated area of melting ice is not very convincing of anything. Some areas melt and some areas get more ice - big deal.

The historically colder countries are getting warmer winters, and the warmer countries are getting colder winters.

Since there has been NO warming for 11 or 12 years and before that there was maybe warming for 40 years and before that there was cooling and all of this is just a part of the recent ice age ending and that is just a part of the natural cycle - again who cares.

Droughts are wide spread. . .Texas is experiencing a drought that is worse than that of the "dust bowl" era.

And someone else is experiencing flooding. You can;t make statements about what is happening to the whole earth based on what is happening in one part of it. The largest part of the earth that has been measured is the upper atmosphere and that has always shown no warming. But that is still not all of the earth it is just the largest part.

I am not a scientist, so I do not know why this is happening, or what can be done to slow climate change, so that OUR life doesn't have to change so drastically, and so that our earth can feed all of us, including in Africa.

You are using the words "climate change" as if they mean global warming. Climate change means that the climate changes - the temps go up and they go down. They do it erratically and unpredictably. You can't slow that.

Just to be clear, the reason there is more summer ice is because the winter ice that used to be there is now gone. Unfortunately this story really shows just how serious the problem is. If there is 409,000 square miles of new summer ice it is because there is 409,000 square miles of sea that is no longer frozen year around. Whether we like it or not, that is a scary piece of news.

If what you say it true then it would clearly say that in that area there is MORE ice than before. That would mean that IF the receding ice were a sign of AGW then the increasing ice must be a sign of AGC. Of course it is not a sign of either. Cooling or warming in parts of the earth are not an indication that the whole earth is warming or cooling. A representative sampling of the earth might tell us something but that has never been done.

heh heh.... The viking leader who named Iceland and Greenland was a real estate promoter. He owned Greenland, he didn't own Iceland. So he named his competitor Iceland and his own lofty estate was named Greenland. But the place was covered with ice. He was just a charlatan promoter trying to con people into emigrating to his new world by fluffing its name.

Greenland has been covered in ice for very long period of time. But parts of it were green during the medieval warming period - right around the time it could have been named. So there may be truth to the clever marketing - truth that parts of it were warmer.

IMO the hoopla was exaggerated one way and then also exaggerated when people said there was nothing there.

The emails did in fact show that there was an intent to shade the evidence. That it may not have been criminal does not mean that it was nothing.

and every major study says....Man influenced.

Sorry that is incorrect. We don't even know global warming is happening since we have never measured the earth's temp correctly so any study that claims said warming is man influenced is based on faulty assumptions.

Since people only conribute less than a fraction of a percent of carbon any influence from man could only be a fraction of a percent. Any such study that said it was influenced by us would be an exaggeration of such gross proportions that one might say the proponents of it were feeling a religious zeal.

Please make a connect-the-dots for me. I admit to being a liberal progressive, probably even far left, but short of the insane fringe.

Why do you say there is a religion of global warming? I find that an unusual comment in the first place, but especially so when you follow with the comment that climate change is real.

Most on the left would specify to you that global warming is the wrong term. The better term is climate change. This fits in pretty well with what you have written. So.... why do you believe there is a religious aspect to believing the facts?

The so called facts have not been confirmed so believing them must be a matter of faith. When you understand that climate change just means that the climate changes - something no one doubts and global warming is used my most to mean AGW which is not happening then you will understand.

But go and tell us the most important FACT of AGW and someone will show you that it is not a confirmed fact.

Werbung:

No it is more like thinking that if you wave a quart of oil near a well the well will still be safe to drink.

Those billions of tons of carbon represent a tiny tiny fraction of all carbon which itself represents a tiny portion of all greenhouse factors.

On top of that the actual data shows that the earth sheds more heat than all the models assumed and that the planets where we do not emit carbon just might be warming.

Back