Drug deaths exceed vehicle fatalities

Werbung:
Actually I have. Considering everyone goes 80 its amazing anyone survives at all. And yet they do.

Yes, it is.

Highway deaths are way down, due not to the drivers, but to the vehicles and roadways.

On the other hand, drug abuse is way up. Why is it, I wonder, that abuse of drugs has gotten so popular? It's not just illegal drugs, but prescription drugs as well.

Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S., data show

What do you conclude from this astounding finding?

The article is about overdoses and it says about 37,000 people overdose each year. It does not say how many die in car crashes but the number must be less than 37,000.

The article gives numerous anecdotal accounts of people who abused the drugs and took too much and a couple of anecdotes about people who mistakenly took too much.

The article also blames pharmeceutical advertisers for the foolish behavior of those who overdosed.

So I conclude that some people will use faulty logic to go on a witch hunt of drug companies.

A quick google search indicates that about 31,000 fatal car crashes occur each year. (I do find it odd that the stat numbered the number of fatal crashes but not the number of fatalities. if any of those crashes had more than one fatality the number should be higher)

So the most important thing to take away from this is that ads for cars should be banned.:D And we should all proclaim the evil of government motors

Yes I had heard about this statistic. The thing that is the most scary here is that we don't think about where the biggest addcition can come from because we think the source is safe. That is prescription drugs written by our doctors. Because a doctor gave us the pain medicine its all right to take it because well a doctor said it is. But unfortunately there are some doctors who write these prescriptions then don't monitor what the individual is actually doing while taking the medication. Also, what about those who live with the individual ever seen those commercials were kids are getting drugs from their parents medicince cabinets. Its another frightening truth unfortunately.

Werbung:
We can't really do anything because a lot of the abused drugs are legal. Even our attempts at curbing illegal drug use have only caused disaster. Perhaps a massive govenrment education program to discourage drugs might do the trick, but it may take years.

Back