Drum-Roll, Please!!!!

Mr. Shaman

"General Colin Powell, the former Secretary of State, is preparing for a live TV interview tomorrow amid intense speculation that he is ready to endorse Barack Obama’s campaign. :cool:

Aides from John McCain’s camp are bracing themselves for another damaging blow, with one being quoted yesterday as suggesting that such an announcement from General Powell would be personally embarrassing” for the Republican nominee – with whom the General has been friends for 25 years – and would “create momentum against us”.

powell385_416600a.jpg

"It's KARMA-TIME, fellow-Republicans!!!!"

.....And, an(other) ARIES leads-the-way!!!!

:cool:

"Is he committed to some idealistic cause and angrily defending the underdog? That figures. Male or female, these people will fight what they feel is an injustice on the spot, and they're not bashful about voicing their opinions. The Ram will talk back to a traffic cop or an armed gangster with equal vigor, if either one happens to annoy him. He may regret it later, but caution won't concern him in the heat of the moment. Mars people come straight to the point, with no shilly-shallying."

Werbung:
Powell would not make a good Secretary of Defense, his personal beliefs and convictions make him more suited for Secretary of State.
True......but, I can't help-but-think he'd be salivating over finally having the opportunity to pare-down all-o'-the fat in the U.S. military/military-budget.....and, transform it into a 'Vette with a GAU-8/A.....as-opposed-to the NeoCons' budget-military.....and, Powell could be just-the-guy to finally DEEP-SIX Corporate Amerika's private-army!!!! :mad:

True......but, I can't help-but-think he'd be salivating over finally having the opportunity to pare-down all-o'-the fat in the U.S. military/military-budget.....and, transform it into a 'Vette with a GAU-8/A.....as-opposed-to the NeoCons' budget-military.....and, Powell could be just-the-guy to finally DEEP-SIX Corporate Amerika's private-army!!!! :mad:

Well, the Secretary of Defense does not set the military budget by himself. Although with Obama as President, he might have a lot of success.

Keep in mind that Clinton did pare down the military and intelligence budgets by large amounts, and it did not really turn out all that well, especially with intelligence. While there is some stuff that could be cut, any cuts must be examined very carefully.

Also, the Secretary of Defense should not be picked based on their desire to "pare down" the budget. The Secretary of Defense needs to be someone like Rumsfeld or Gates that will balance out the very diplomatic approach the Secretary of State always takes. A President needs to hear all sides of the argument in order to make the best decision, not pack the cabinet full of a one approach type of person.

Well, the Secretary of Defense does not set the military budget by himself. Although with Obama as President, he might have a lot of success.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind that Clinton did pare down the military and intelligence budgets by large amounts, and it did not really turn out all that well, especially with intelligence.
You should (also) keep-in-mind the NeoCons' rhetoric (aka lies).

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should (also) keep-in-mind the NeoCons' rhetoric (aka lies).

I concur that Cheney was against some of these weapon systems, and with the collapse of the USSR it made sense in that context.

In today's context it does not make sense. That said, we can win a war without the B-2, but the intelligence budget was indeed slashed, and that had a very large impact on the information that was available to make decisions.

I concur that Cheney was against some of these weapon systems, and with the collapse of the USSR it made sense in that context.

In today's context it does not make sense. That said, we can win a war without the B-2, but the intelligence budget was indeed slashed, and that had a very large impact on the information that was available to make decisions.
Yeah....that's what it was....a slashed intelligence-budget. :rolleyes:

"John Hannah, a Cheney aide who became the vice president's national security adviser after Libby's resignation, recycled some of the material into a draft of the speech Secretary of State Colin Powell was to give at the United Nations in February 2003—a draft that Powell threw out, calling it "bullsh!t."

Much is still to be learned about how intelligence was used and abused in CTEG and OVP. But one story gives a hint of what the historians may find: When I interviewed him several months ago, Powell's former chief of staff Larry Wilkerson recounted the story of a meeting in the White House situation room during the run-up to the invasion of Iraq when policymakers met with top intelligence officials from a number of agencies. After the intelligence officials made their presentations, Douglas Feith "leapt to his feet, pointed to a certain National Intelligence Officer and declared 'You people don't know what you're talking about.' "

Yeah....that's what it was....a slashed intelligence-budget. :rolleyes:

Yes, in large part it was.

Many top admin officials and former admin officials openly state that the evidence was not disputable. If it was bad evidence or not was not the question. In the intelligence world you will never have "good" evidence, you have what you have.

Yes, in large part it was.

Many top admin officials and former admin officials openly state that the evidence was not disputable. If it was bad evidence or not was not the question. In the intelligence world you will never have "good" evidence, you have what you have.
Hey....you wanna give Dick Cheney credit for cherry-picking "evidence" (while discarding any info that questioned the "evidence"), knock-yourself-out.

Hey....you wanna give Dick Cheney credit for cherry-picking "evidence" (while discarding any info that questioned the "evidence"), knock-yourself-out.

I knew that was coming, but from my experience with actual former administration officials, I do not really buy into that.

Werbung:
Back