Easter

Aus22

This week millions of Christians are celebrating Holy week, From Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday we are celebrating important events in Our lord life. I hope you can join in this by attending Church. We believe Christ die for us and on Easter Sunday we believe he rose to a glorious immortal life. At the Resurrection he gave us new life. Happy Easter, Christ has resin.

Werbung:
its the most significant thing for Christians, its the very basis of the faith.
what about it bothers you ?

Well… Honestly what bothers me is exactly what you just said. That Easter is the most significant thing/holiday for Christians.

The death and resurrection of the Messiah is important, super important… important enough to get the dates right and the Traditions right.

When he had his last supper what was he doing? Celebrating Passover right? In the scriptures it tells us this yet Christians ignore it and go with a different day.

Ishtar’s feast day is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox and ironically so is Easter But Jesus/Yeshua died during the 8 day Passover festival yet his death/resurrection is never celebrated during Passover.

Ishtar was the goddess of fertility, and you gave tributes to her to help you become pregnant or have a healthy pregnancy exc. You gave things like eggs and sacrificed bunnies etc.…Signs of fertility. Her son was Tammuz who was killed by a boar and was said to resurrect at sunrise so you slaughtered a boar on her feast day.

Weird it’s all the same foods we make today for Easter but we call it holy. We even have sunrise resurrection services on Easter even though the scriptures clearly say that by the time Mary Magdalene got to the tomb (when it was still dark and the sun had not yet risen) Jesus was already gone. But we ignore it all and have a sunrise resurrection service on Isthar’s feast day anyway and slap a pig on the table and hide the eggs and give choc. Bunnies.

Grrr.. I just hate Eater!

It really bothers me But I know lots of people just feel that its tradition and since we always did it this way… we should just keep doing it, much like Christmas.

At least with Christmas we do not really know the date he was born, it sucks we had to pick Tammuz birthday and Mithras birthday but at least there is an excuse that no one really knows the real date. We know the real date of his death and resurrection but we ignore it and have a Happy Easter.

Well… Honestly what bothers me is exactly what you just said. That Easter is the most significant thing/holiday for Christians.

The death and resurrection of the Messiah is important, super important… important enough to get the dates right and the Traditions right.

When he had his last supper what was he doing? Celebrating Passover right? In the scriptures it tells us this yet Christians ignore it and go with a different day.

Ishtar’s feast day is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox and ironically so is Easter But Jesus/Yeshua died during the 8 day Passover festival yet his death/resurrection is never celebrated during Passover.

Ishtar was the goddess of fertility, and you gave tributes to her to help you become pregnant or have a healthy pregnancy exc. You gave things like eggs and sacrificed bunnies etc.…Signs of fertility. Her son was Tammuz who was killed by a boar and was said to resurrect at sunrise so you slaughtered a boar on her feast day.

Weird it’s all the same foods we make today for Easter but we call it holy. We even have sunrise resurrection services on Easter even though the scriptures clearly say that by the time Mary Magdalene got to the tomb (when it was still dark and the sun had not yet risen) Jesus was already gone. But we ignore it all and have a sunrise resurrection service on Isthar’s feast day anyway and slap a pig on the table and hide the eggs and give choc. Bunnies.

It really bothers me But I know lots of people just feel that its tradition and since we always did it this way… we should just keep doing it, much like Christmas.

At least with Christmas we do not really know the date he was born, it sucks we had to pick Tammuz birthday and Mithras birthday but at least there is an excuse that no one really knows the real date. We know the real date of his death and resurrection but we ignore it and have a Happy Easter.

I see. I guess these particulars just don't register with me nearly as much as the actual three days of events. As to the food ?all that crap is just an excuse to make it a big deal with the younguns.

But points taken and thx for sharing.

Palm Sunday.JPGPalm Sunday.JPG

At least with Christmas we do not really know the date he was born, it sucks we had to pick Tammuz birthday and Mithras birthday but at least there is an excuse that no one Preally knows the real date. We know the real date of his death and resurrection but we ignore it and have a Happy Easter.
Pondora, The exact date of Easter is not so clear. The eastern and Western Churches often have different dates.It is hard to work out the exact date, Aparenty the Jews now have a different date for Passover.

The Last Supper was certainly a possover meal and is comerated in my chuch by reading the scripture passages on the Passover.

Other pagan customs like Bunnies and eggs have been added to Easter celebrations but have little to do with the religious mea
ning of Easter except as symbols of new life.

The time of the actual ressurrection is also in doubt. Our Church has a night service not a dawn service but other chuches have different customs,

In any case I hope you celebrate whether you call it Passover or Easter.

It's my understanding that a lot of pagan traditions celebrated by the Romans were adopted by Constantine to lure pagans into Christianity.

Today we celebrate Holy Thursday, This includes the Washing the feet ceremony copy from Christ in the Last Supper. We also have a reading from scripture about the passover. You can see that video on my website Aus22.bigblog.com.au

Attachments

• Washing the feet 1.jpg
    Washing the feet 1.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 1
thanks Pandora. I will start a new topic on my church after Easter. I realise that some of the photoes may be hard to understand without explanation of the faith. I include a Good Friday ritual the Adoration of the Cross which might need some explanation.

Attachments

• Easter 006.jpg
    Easter 006.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 1
Werbung:
This is the last of our Easter Services. Before the service we light a fire and from that light the paschal candle and other candles which we carry into the church to celebrate the light of Easter. Happy Easter.

Attachments

• Blessing the Easte Flamer 013.jpg
    Blessing the Easte Flamer 013.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 2
Back