Ecofascist Disasters

Actually, it was one of the first downsized Caddys--the 1976 was the last of the giants (also the last 500ci engine). Mine is the last of the 7-litre Caddys (originally a 425ci engine).

Werbung:
Actually it might. My car is an E-body, which was used in the Caddy Eldorado until 2002. So it's possible. Of course, I loved the Caddy Eldorado too. I would have no problem driving one of those. Solid car. No plastic panels. Very tough. I was lucky to get to drive one back to the dealership one day. About a 2.5 hour drive. OH that was fun. Of course I'd never pay so much for a car.

As I've said over and over. I'm not against 'new' or so much in favor of 'old'. I'm against small cheap and unsafely thin skinned. Which is how auto manufactures meet unreasonable CAFE standards. Which is also why popular imports completely ignore CAFE standards. But of course, you can't argue on that basis, so feel free to invent that I'm for old cars, and hate all things new. You made up every other point you've 'won', so go on making up stuff.

Sorry... you hadn't replied for awhile so I quit checking the thread.

I'm going to leave it at this.

We both know your "might" pass today's crash test is not "would".

The CAFE Standards are going up. I think that greater minds than yours or mine have studied our current situation and made the necessary call.

We can choose to evolve or we can lament the past. I see a whole lot of great improvements in today's motor vehicles. There's no doubt some models are too small for my personal liking just from a comfort standpoint but that's always been the case. I didn't like MG Midgets or Fiat Spyders or Pontiac Fieros or the Opal GT on and on. There's been a wide mix of sizes of cars on the road for a long, long time.

There are many excellent, fuel efficient vehicles being manufactured today that are of good size and that list is only going to grow. Even today's Impala gets 28 MPG highway.

I have no doubt that at some point you'll come around to the newer technology. I remember well having an old Pan Head Harley Davidson and thinking it was just the greatest thing on earth. I look at things like the V Rod Harley puts out now and think... How the heck did I ever ride that old Pan Head piece of junk.

You'll see... take care my friend.
;)

Back